Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 S-85 is battery replacement worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been buying a lot more bad battery S's off of people lately who just don't want to deal with it. :confused:
im going to try a few more times to get the pack from a few different service centers and if it doesnt work you'll probably be hearing from me too :eek:
ill be attempting to get the 100d, according to your website it will work in my car, i have an 85d 2015 model s with adjustable suspension, which i assume it means it has air suspension

Could you put a 100 pack in a 70d S ?

I can put a 100 pack in basically any S/X... ;)

For dual motor cars, a 100 upgrade is relatively straightforward, as these vehicles actually exist as standard configurations. It can continue to get updates and such like normal.

For RWD vehicles, I can make it work, but since there's no standard RWD 100 config in Tesla's fleet, it has some caveats like no more official firmware updates.

Yep, this. ^

Reactions: JasonA-EV
For vehicles that are out of warranty, this is a plus.
But will everything else -- app, navigation, SC, FUSC, etc -- work?
Supercharging is an offline process, so unless they decide to drastically change the supercharger protocol (seems unlikely at this point, but who knows), then it's fine. Nav is fine. App is similar to supercharging note, although they have changed the protocol for that in the past at least once.

In short, no guarantees on anything, but there's little reason why anything would stop functioning any time soon.

Supercharging is an offline process, so unless they decide to drastically change the supercharger protocol (seems unlikely at this point, but who knows), then it's fine. Nav is fine. App is similar to supercharging note, although they have changed the protocol for that in the past at least once.

In short, no guarantees on anything, but there's little reason why anything would stop functioning any time soon.
I read your post regarding Tesla disabling supercharging 'via a command from the supercharger itself': "Seems even offline cars on semi-modern firmware can now have it perm disabled via a command from the supercharger itself."

If they can do this to offline salvaged vehicles, then they can do it for any other types/models of vehicles, right?

I read your post regarding Tesla disabling supercharging 'via a command from the supercharger itself': "Seems even offline cars on semi-modern firmware can now have it perm disabled via a command from the supercharger itself."

If they can do this to offline salvaged vehicles, then they can do it for any other types/models of vehicles, right?
I mean, they can do it to any vehicle I suppose... but to the best of my knowledge they've never leveraged this for anything besides salvage vehicles that have hack re-enabled supercharging after they remotely disabled it on the car.

We've never had any issues with Tesla and supercharging upgrades/modified clean-title vehicles, and we've done a LOT of upgrades/replacements over the years.

• Informative
Reactions: KJD
AndI mean, they can do it to any vehicle I suppose... but to the best of my knowledge they've never leveraged this for anything besides salvage vehicles that have hack re-enabled supercharging after they remotely disabled it on the car.

We've never had any issues with Tesla and supercharging upgrades/modified clean-title vehicles, and we've done a LOT of upgrades/replacements over the years.

I mean, they can do it to any vehicle I suppose... but to the best of my knowledge they've never leveraged this for anything besides salvage vehicles that have hack re-enabled supercharging after they remotely disabled it on the car.

Any experience with Model 3s and their batteties? Or pethaps a 3rd party vendor in the Phoenix area is present in your Rolodex. Im getting a BMS_a064 error atm. Thx in advance.

Thanks, this is super interesting and I secretly can’t wait until my current battery dies so I can justify a 100 pack upgrade.

Do you know if the upgraded hardware on the p85d with ludicrous’ increases the performance of the 100 pack vs just an p85d or 85d?