Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Tesla Model S 85 w/19,000 miles $65,000 MOTIVATED TO SELL Price Reduced

2014 Tesla Model S 85, 19,000 miles (higher than previous because we drove it to Ohio from Florida to house hunt), tech package (lift gate), pano roof, turning lights ,Premium Sound Package, tan leather, eco-hitch with light plug, new tires, black power coated wheels. This is a rebuilt title so the price is lower than normal yet there is no difference than a non-rebuilt. No airbag deployment, with Car Fax to prove it. I have the pictures of the damage (no structural damage) prior to repair if interested. Selling because we bought a house and cant justify having a car payment. Asking $65,000, however reasonable offers accepted.

IMG_3697.jpeg

upload_2016-4-19_11-52-35.png

driverside-jpg.168703
img_4816-jpg.169319
img_4822-jpg.169322

img_4823-jpg.169321

img_4818-jpg.169323
img_4816-jpg.169324

Rebuilt title is the type of title issued to a car that was written off or totaled by an insurance company, but later repaired. This doesn't mean the car was destroyed, just that the insurance felt the cost was not financially worth repairing. And with the fact that Tesla only has a few shops in most areas this makes repairs pricey. I have talked to a few people who had quarter panel repairs in the $10K range.

I completed the repairs myself. I am an experienced automotive technician and the repairs were minor. The vehicle was not heavily damaged and no airbags deployed(I have the car fax to prove this). I simply removed and replaced the driver side rear door and quarter panel. The wheels had some curb rash, so I had them repaired and powder coated at the same wheel repair shop the local Tesla Shops use. I have pre-repair pictures if interested in purchase.

I have not had Tesla inspect the repairs since I still receive service and planned on keeping it. If you are actually interested in the car, and we discuss a possible purchase, I will at my cost have it inspected.

*I have put over 3,000 miles on it since the repair, to include a long road trip to Ohio and back.

. . .

I completed the repairs myself. I am an experienced automotive technician and the repairs were minor. The vehicle was not heavily damaged and no airbags deployed(I have the car fax to prove this). I simply removed and replaced the driver side rear door and quarter panel. The wheels had some curb rash, so I had them repaired and powder coated at the same wheel repair shop the local Tesla Shops use. I have pre-repair pictures if interested in purchase.

I have not had Tesla inspect the repairs since I still receive service and planned on keeping it. If you are actually interested in the car, and we discuss a possible purchase, I will at my cost have it inspected.
. . .

Thank you for the additional details. I am quite interested in purchasing the vehicle, however, there are a few issues I need to resolve first, such as: will I be able to get insurance for a "rebuilt titled" vehicle; do federal and state tax benefits apply, and will Tesla warrantee the vehicle?

Also, I am a bit confused...you mentioned that you can't justify keeping the car because of the car payment, how you have a loan payment on a car that was "totaled," are you the original owner or did you purchase the vehicle as salvage?

- Yes a rebuilt title can be insured.
- Tax benefits are only for brand new electric vehicles
- I just had warranty work completed on the car. I can go the extra mile for anyone interested and have a complete inspection done by tesla at my cost.
- I have a loan for the purchase of the car. If anyone is truly interested in the car, let me know and I will get into more details about my finances with you.

Price is 65k OBO. I am very motivated to sell, so hit me up if your even just curious.