TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2014 Tesla Model S85 w/o Autopilot For Sale UPDATE: Price Reduced

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by gotz2ride, Apr 19, 2016.

1. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

2014 Tesla Model S 85 w/19,000 miles $65,000 MOTIVATED TO SELL Price Reduced

2014 Tesla Model S 85, 19,000 miles (higher than previous because we drove it to Ohio from Florida to house hunt), tech package (lift gate), pano roof, turning lights ,Premium Sound Package, tan leather, eco-hitch with light plug, new tires, black power coated wheels. This is a rebuilt title so the price is lower than normal yet there is no difference than a non-rebuilt. No airbag deployment, with Car Fax to prove it. I have the pictures of the damage (no structural damage) prior to repair if interested. Selling because we bought a house and cant justify having a car payment. Asking $65,000, however reasonable offers accepted.

IMG_3697.jpeg
    upload_2016-4-19_11-52-35.png

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. LearnedFoot

LearnedFoot New Member

Two questions: Who did the repairs? Has the car been certified by Tesla?

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Does "rebuilt title" really mean "salvage title"? I am not familiar with the term you are using.j

4. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

Rebuilt title is the type of title issued to a car that was written off or totaled by an insurance company, but later repaired. This doesn't mean the car was destroyed, just that the insurance felt the cost was not financially worth repairing. And with the fact that Tesla only has a few shops in most areas this makes repairs pricey. I have talked to a few people who had quarter panel repairs in the $10K range.

I completed the repairs myself. I am an experienced automotive technician and the repairs were minor. The vehicle was not heavily damaged and no airbags deployed(I have the car fax to prove this). I simply removed and replaced the driver side rear door and quarter panel. The wheels had some curb rash, so I had them repaired and powder coated at the same wheel repair shop the local Tesla Shops use. I have pre-repair pictures if interested in purchase.

I have not had Tesla inspect the repairs since I still receive service and planned on keeping it. If you are actually interested in the car, and we discuss a possible purchase, I will at my cost have it inspected.

*I have put over 3,000 miles on it since the repair, to include a long road trip to Ohio and back.

5. LearnedFoot

LearnedFoot New Member

Thank you for the additional details. I am quite interested in purchasing the vehicle, however, there are a few issues I need to resolve first, such as: will I be able to get insurance for a "rebuilt titled" vehicle; do federal and state tax benefits apply, and will Tesla warrantee the vehicle?

Also, I am a bit confused...you mentioned that you can't justify keeping the car because of the car payment, how you have a loan payment on a car that was "totaled," are you the original owner or did you purchase the vehicle as salvage?

6. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

@LearnedFoot i sent you a PM. Hit me up if you have any more questions

7. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

- Yes a rebuilt title can be insured.
    - Tax benefits are only for brand new electric vehicles
    - I just had warranty work completed on the car. I can go the extra mile for anyone interested and have a complete inspection done by tesla at my cost.
    - I have a loan for the purchase of the car. If anyone is truly interested in the car, let me know and I will get into more details about my finances with you.

Price is 65k OBO. I am very motivated to sell, so hit me up if your even just curious.

8. LearnedFoot

LearnedFoot New Member

9. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

If there is anyone in the tampa florida area that would like a test drive shoot me a PM

10. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Is this car still available?

11. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

Yes.

12. gotz2ride

gotz2ride Member

13. marcebahn

marcebahn Member

If you don't mind .... what did the vehicle sell for? Thanks and congratulations.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1