Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 CPO Warranties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I am not able to POST a new thread yet I will reply this thread to get some related feedback and opinion.

I have a 2015 CPO model S which I drove off lot with 12k miles. I am starting month number 10 at 22k so at the current rate of consumption I will deplete the CPO 50K warranty before the 4 year mark. I have thought of the following scenarios.

1) Just drive and enjoy the car without care for mileage until 50k. Trade in car when 50k warranty depletes which will be around 3.3 years at the current usage.

2) Just drive and enjoy the car without care for mileage and consume the risk of driving car outside of warranty for some tolerable time. Relatively the car will have low miles but will be out of warranty after 62k.

3) Throttle back consumption (We have a secondary ICE car in the household) to sync with the 4 year warranty. Trade or keep car after 4 year mark. Obviously this is compromise we much enjoy driving the Tesla more.

I would appreciate you opinions. Thanks!