TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2015 Looks to be the Year of the East Coast Superchargers !! Finally !!

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by Kevin Harney, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Looking at the recently released Supercharger maps for 2015 it looks like the Superchargers on the east coast are going to explode !! Almost if not more than TRIPLING !!! If so amazing progress. Thoughts and comments ..... :cool: Pretty much east of the Mississippi will be totally covered :biggrin:

2. DFibRL8R

DFibRL8R Member

IMG_2569.JPG
    March 2, 2013 Newark, DE

Ah yes, seems like only yesterday I was enjoying my first charge at the East Coast's only Supercharger. It is truly amazing the pace of change and the execution of the vision of this company. The China and Europe map is pretty amazing as well!

3. Benz

Benz Active Member

Congratulations and kind regards from Europe.

4. AmpedUP

AmpedUP EV Nut

I'm so pleased with these developments. I was just about to write to Tesla and explain carefully that the East Coast of the U.S. is well populated even well away from the coast because it's not desert...and that super chargers far inland would not go to waste!

5. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

Yes they have done very well by us in the East, and more are coming! For a while last summer, I thought they'd forgotten about us, but clearly not!

6. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Looks like the # of planned Superchargers exploded overnight! Soooo happy to finally see a dot in South Jersey, this is a deal-maker for me - looks to be at the AC Expressway/GSP junction......

paging YoBigD!!!

7. JST

JST Active Member

Yes, that's my favorite new one, as well. I will not miss the Wave Garage in Atlantic City.

Now if they can just build it before spring...

8. JST

JST Active Member

Sigh. Still no sign of this AC Supercharger, so it's back to the Wave Garage for me.

Saw a fellow Virginian with a P85D there yesterday.

21149fddeb3f575f516195a64d1ef4d5.jpg

9. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

If they can just get the PA hole filled this year I would be thrilled. At least they are making great progress on the 95 N-S corridor.

10. mmccord

mmccord Member

Yeah, there are 8 superchargers on my route to the outer banks this year and I'm only using 2 of them. Meanwhile there are 0 between pittsburgh & NJ.

11. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

I hope they light up I-81 soon...

12. Kevin Harney

Well, this was supposed to be a GREAT year for the east coast and those plans seem to have gone awry. The east coast and the SE were supposed to be filled out nicely this year and mostly crickets so far. A few opening yes and well needed but not anything near the numbers posted by TM at the beginning of the year. come on TM show us some LOVE !!! Nothing on I 20, I 40 or I 81 as the maps showed.

13. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

The supercharger map on Tesla website also shows SC locations in Huntsville, AL (I-65) and Birmingham, AL (I-20/59) for 2015, but so far I can't find that any permit requests have been filed.

14. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

+1... or like a million. I cannot justify the cost of a MS until I can get up and down 81.

15. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

Seems like within the next year they will in fact light up I-81 but for it to be practical they also need superchargers along I-66 and I-64 to connect I-95 with I-85.

With the Charlottesville SC all we need now is a SC along I-66 so people in DC can use that for day trips around VA :)

16. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

The one drive I need to make (pretty regularly) is from the Hagerstown SC to one around Charlotte. It's a total dead zone right now, but is supposed to be done by next year.

17. Kevin Harney

Those of us from the DC area can easily get to Hagerstown or Strasburg (once it opens that is).