Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 85D, 5000 Miles, Autopilot Enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sept. 2015 85D, 5,500 miles, Metallic Blue, 19" Wheels, Black Textile Seating, White Headliner, After Market Center Console, Solid Roof, Smart Air Suspension, Autopilot Active Features, Summon, Tinted Windows, Cargo Liner, Cargo Shelf, Blackvue Dual Camera System. Great car. Enjoy it so much that now I am looking to upgrade to a newer Pxx?DL. I'll personally deliver it to your location or include open carrier shipping to lower 48 U.S. $82,500 Firm, includes shipping as stated above.
2016-03-24 17.36.18.jpg
2016-03-25 18.31.02.jpg
2016-03-26 14.34.22.jpg
2016-03-30 14.31.35.jpg
2016-03-30 14.32.36.jpg
Tesla-Model-S-85D6.jpeg
Tesla-Model-S-85D9.jpeg
Tesla-Model-S-85D10.jpeg
Tesla-Model-S-85D11.jpeg

Attachments

• 2016-03-24 20.27.36.jpg
    2016-03-24 20.27.36.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 59
So you're offering a $5k discount for -5kw battery, the old nose, 5.5k miles, and 6 months of use?
Design Center shows the same specs with the 90D priced at $96,700 plus sales tax. (Blue Metallic, 19" wheels, Fabric Seats, Autopilot, Smart Air Suspension)

So, it looks like I have it priced fairly with about $14,200 savings for a car in like new condition, 5,500 miles, plus the sales tax savings on the $14,200 difference, too. I have it priced at payoff and am including the aftermarket accessories and delivery cost.

You can argue about how paying $14,200 more, plus paying the additional sales taxes on the $14,200 difference makes more sense. However, for someone, the $14,200 savings plus the additional savings on the $14,200 sales tax difference may be the amount of savings they need to get into their dream car - A 2015 Tesla Model S 85D w/ Autopilot. For that, I will be extremely happy to help them get into this beautiful car with ~44,500 miles and ~41 months remaining on the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Design Center shows the same specs with the 90D priced at $96,700 plus sales tax. (Blue Metallic, 19" wheels, Fabric Seats, Autopilot, Smart Air Suspension)

So, it looks like I have it priced fairly with about $14,200 savings for a car in like new condition, 5,500 miles, plus the sales tax savings on the $14,200 difference, too. I have it priced at payoff and am including the aftermarket accessories and delivery cost.

You can argue about how paying $14,200 more, plus paying the additional sales taxes on the $14,200 difference makes more sense. However, for someone, the $14,200 savings plus the additional savings on the $14,200 sales tax difference may be the amount of savings they need to get into their dream car - A 2015 Tesla Model S 85D w/ Autopilot. For that, I will be extremely happy to help them get into this beautiful car with ~44,500 miles and ~41 months remaining on the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

While not commenting on the price itself, just wanted to point out the new car buyers here in CA will get $10K in tax benefit ($2.5K CA rebate plus $7.5K fed tax credit) so the effective price of a new car in the example will be $96.7K plus taxes minus $10K.

While not commenting on the price itself, just wanted to point out the new car buyers here in CA will get $10K in tax benefit ($2.5K CA rebate plus $7.5K fed tax credit) so the effective price of a new car in the example will be $96.7K plus taxes minus $10K.
@sukhi - Thank you for pointing that out for the folks in California.

Based on your figures, this car is saving someone in California $6,000 to $7,000 plus they get a few extras and free delivery.

There are quite a few people who do not qualify for the Federal Tax Credit, me being one. So, for those tens of thousands of us who do not qualify for the Federal tax credit, the savings on my car are even more ~$15,000, plus they get free delivery.

It is a great car, at a wonderful price for only having 5,500 miles and the remainder of the 4-year/50,000 mile warranty. There are two others that are very similar on the market that I have seen. One is $3,500 more and has 14,000 more miles. The other is $7,500 more and has 4,000 miles less.

I know that in Colorado you can still claim the 6k state tax credit on a used Tesla if it was never claimed in the state. I'm considering selling my S to get and X, but Tesla's Trade offer is about $15k to $20k less then what they are selling them CPO for. This car is a better price then CPO and if you want more frunk space the the refresh.

Reactions: Snerruc
Not trying to be negative or unkind, just curious: in general, what conditions cause one not to qualify for the federal tax credit? Mostly want to understand the tax credit better.

Not having enough tax liability. I cam imagine some small businesses could be in that category. I could think of some but not many scenarios wherein an individual might be in a similar situation.

Thanks, makes sense. Kind of having a hard time wrapping my head around being able to afford a $100k car but not having much income.

They way you can make sense of it is by disconnecting income from taxes :) Anyway that's an off topic discussion for another thread.

Back on topic:
There is no federal tax credit for pre-owned cars whether bought form a private party or as CPO from Tesla. The only the new or the inventory cars fron Tesla will qualify for this credit.

Not trying to be negative or unkind, just curious: in general, what conditions cause one not to qualify for the federal tax credit? Mostly want to understand the tax credit better.
@JeffC - There are several threads on the TMC forums specifically about the Federal Tax Credit. But, to sum it up for you: The federal tax credit applies to the purchase of a new alternative fuel vehicles. The credit is for UP TO $7,500 credit towards your tax liability. Meaning, if your tax liability is $7,500 or more then you can apply the full $7,500 credit and reduce the amount of taxes you owe. If your tax liability is less than $7,500, you can only apply an amount to bring your tax liability to $0. You lose the difference that is not applied. It cannot be carried forward, either.

Many people, including myself, have retirement income, investment income or other financial circumstances that reduce our tax liability to zero or a loss for the year. In these situation, the Federal Tax credit is worthless as there is no tax liability and there is no ability to carry it forward.

Anyway, the Federal Tax Credit does not apply to a used car. So, a lot of people try to compare buying a new car from Tesla minus the Federal Tax credit to justify the used car price. But, as I pointed out above, my car is priced low enough that it is still below that number plus at this price, it may be low enough that someone can afford to get into a really nice car, who otherwise would not be able to.

Hope that helps explain.

Sept. 2015 85D, 5,500 miles, Metallic Blue, 19" Wheels, Black Textile Seating, White Headliner, After Market Center Console, Solid Roof, Smart Air Suspension, Autopilot Active Features, Summon, Tinted Windows, Cargo Liner, Cargo Shelf, Blackvue Dual Camera System. Great car. Enjoy it so much that now I am looking to upgrade to a newer Pxx?DL. I'll personally deliver it to your location or include open carrier shipping to lower 48 U.S. $82,500 Firm, includes shipping as stated above.View attachment 173483 View attachment 173484 View attachment 173486 View attachment 173487 View attachment 173488 View attachment 173489 View attachment 173490 View attachment 173491 View attachment 173492
Is this still for sale? interested!