Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 P90D AP1 but no Tech Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been trying to figure this out. Lots of reading but still muddy for me..
I have a new to me 2015 MS that shows it has AP1 (Autopilot Hardware), premium upgrades package but It doesn't list the Tech Package. I do not seem to have TCAA, Lane Control etc. Just good old regular cruise. I don't have any upgrade.options to add it. This seems strange to me?!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230403_000558_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230403_000558_Tesla.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_20230403_000604_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230403_000604_Tesla.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 70
You already kind of explained it..Full AP1 came with the “Tech Package with Autopilot” back then. It was an optional add-on. Very few people didn’t order it so it’s pretty uncommon to see.

You probably also don’t have trip navigation on the MCU, or possibly side folding mirrors or fog lights, which I think was in the Tech package.

I’d call Tesla and see if you can add it, it’s just a software change, and AP1 is still pretty great, I use it constantly.

Also, it’s “TACC” not “TCAA” ;)

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Here's what the "Tech Package with Autopilot" used to be, but many of these were moved into the "Premium Upgrades Package" or standard features, so I'd look at this list and figure out what you don't have:

tech-package-png.354512
TSLA must have adjusted this list several times along the way.
My '15 MS 70D has most, but not all, of these.
I have AP1, but doesn't seem to include lane keep, self park, or traffic-aware (adaptive) cruise. (maybe I just haven't figured that out)
And I'm up-to-date with software updates for my MCU1, but still missing lane-keep and self-park, so maybe those just won't be available ever for AP1's.
And I think I have all the rest, except power liftgate, which sucks.

So they must've removed/added different features at certain points.

Upvote 0
I have AP1, but doesn't seem to include lane keep, self park, or traffic-aware (adaptive) cruise. (maybe I just haven't figured that out)

You say you have AP1, but then you list pretty much all the features that AP1 provide which you don't have (as well as basic summon as mentioned above).

What AP1 functions do you actually have?

Note that the rest of the options on that image are the "Tech Package" options and not "AP1".

It sounds like you have AP1 hardware, but none of the software features enabled.

Upvote 0
You say you have AP1, but then you list pretty much all the features that AP1 provide which you don't have (as well as basic summon as mentioned above).

What AP1 functions do you actually have?

Note that the rest of the options on that image are the "Tech Package" options and not "AP1".

It sounds like you have AP1 hardware, but none of the software features enabled.
Apologies, I've only had her for ~6 months, and pretty much everything I've learned has come from this group, so first off thank you all.
I guess I assumed I have AP1 being a 2015.
The app shows "Autopilot Hardware". I wasn't aware I could have the hardware but not the software until just now.
I don't have any "upgrades" available to purchase.
I just learned a lot from this reference: How to find out what options a Tesla has

It shows where on the MCU Software screen to determine which version and what's active.
Seems like I need to contact CS and find out what they can activate, whether it's Highway AP, or true AP.
Having the MobileEye hardware, I should have those options at least. Don't have the hardware to get EAP tho.

Reactions: aerodyne
Upvote 0
Seems like I need to contact CS and find out what they can activate, whether it's Highway AP, or true AP.

For AP1 hardware, there's only "Highway Autopilot". There's no "true AP". You'd need HW3 (now HW4) for that and you can't upgrade AP1/HW1 at all.

Having the MobileEye hardware, I should have those options at least. Don't have the hardware to get EAP tho.

Yes, you definitely have the AP1/MobileEye hardware (forward radar, one forward camera, ultrasonics) that can enable Highway Autopilot.

Reactions: ChooseFreedom
Upvote 0
For AP1 hardware, there's only "Highway Autopilot". There's no "true AP". You'd need HW3 (now HW4) for that and you can't upgrade AP1/HW1 at all.

Yes, you definitely have the AP1/MobileEye hardware (forward radar, one forward camera, ultrasonics) that can enable Highway Autopilot.
So I opened a service request thru the app to ask about AP.
They said it would cost $3k to activate highway AP.
That just seems excessive for something they can simply push a button to send an update to do.
I cancelled the request. I simply don't do enough highway driving to justify that price.
I'd rather get the MCU2 upgrade and new rims.

Upvote 0