Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 S85 55k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those gray next gens sure do look nice but need the black headliner.

I really wish sellers knew their cars. Is autopilot enabled, air suspension, sound studio, cold weather?

Is vroom a consignment or dealer? If it’s a consignment there’s hope of getting an extended warranty if one desires.

Considering the lack of warranty, kinda expensive

Maybe I've just spend to long looking at the prices people try to get here .

I do think you're right now though, the actual dealer shows it correctly as an 85, I guess Vroom is just a losing site?

In any case, since it turns out to be in Texas, crisis averted. Should learn more about model 3 progress on the earnings call, but I know it won't have a Sunroof or Leather :/

Vroom is a consignment and they charge like $5K to sell a car.

Texas Auto Direct is a wholesaler in Texas that he's it's Tesla's directly from Tesla. Tesla wholesales them cars every quarter.
They are not a consignment company. They are a NY based motor vehicle dealer and purchased Texas Direct Auto who is also a retail auto dealer. They market online and deliver nationwide with a 7 day money back guarantee. I pulled some vins from cars they have online and they purchase at auction and from private individuals. Their markup is relatively small, they purchased a nice clean 2016 S75 with 13,000 miles from a guy on this forum for $56k, transported it, cleaned and detailed it, marketed it for $60730 and have a deposit on it. I looked up a 2012 Porsche 911 cabriolet, they purchased it for $69,750 at auction in Texas, cleaned and detailed plus transportation and have it marketed for $70,780. Those are very small margins when they deliver for free and offer 7 day free returns. They are probably operating at a loss or close to it to build market share and awareness. There were several other startups like Beepi that did the same thing and burned trough$150 million in cash and closed last year.
Vroom.com - Wikipedia

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
It's correctly listed as an 85 at Texas Direct Auto. I actually work across the street from them and I have a deposit on a fully loaded 2014 P85 they're selling. I may be giving it up for another Tesla so it may be up for grabs again. I would be weary about buying from them without inspecting it in person. The one I have a deposit on has a cracked center console, they tried to sell it to me and promise to fix it later down the road.

If anyone needs eyes on a car at the Stafford location Texas Direct Auto/ Vroom let me know and I'll do my best to help out.