Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 S85D Unlimited Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

Just purchased a 2015 Model S 85D yesterday from a VW dealership. The Tesla was a 1 owner car and yesterday before buying I went to test free supercharging which worked! So was under the impression that the free supercharging for life would be valid while I am now the new owner of the car. I just talked to Tesla today about scheduling service to fix the dash screen bubble issue and asked if they updated the infotainment system if that would remove my unlimited supercharging.

They said the unlimited supercharging would be removed once the car registration is picked up by the DMV but the person I was talking to was not too sure.

Does anyone have experience with this? A major reason why I purchased was for the fact that there was unlimited free supercharging and I did not expect to lose it on this vehicle.

By the way I did go through the supercharging check here - Tesla Free Supercharging (Unlimited): How to Check if You Have It! and I did find the SC01 in the HTML source on the page. Hopefully that is a good sign and will not change? Is there a process for this - a number to call or a website to go through to make sure we keep this feature?

I'm also worried that any service Tesla performs would remove the supercharging because I am not the original owner.

Thanks for your help here!

Reactions: gregoryg
No the dealer didn’t have it in their account, but they said they had contacted the previous owners and he said it still had premium connectivity and free supercharging. On my test drive I took it to a supercharger just to at least see that it had it at time of purchase. After that, it was just a risk I guess

Upvote 0
No the dealer didn’t have it in their account, but they said they had contacted the previous owners and he said it still had premium connectivity and free supercharging. On my test drive I took it to a supercharger just to at least see that it had it at time of purchase. After that, it was just a risk I guess
Thank you. Can you describe your experience and car's behavior in terms of notifications, screen, physical lights when you plugged into SC without it being assigned to the dealer, confirming, that the car had FUSC?

Upvote 0