Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Time vs Free Unlimited Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla introduced the offer of transfer free unlimited supercharging at 10:20. I placed my order a day and a half later. To qualify for transferring the free unlimited supercharging, I must take delivery by the end of this year. However, based on all the posts I've read so far, it seems unlikely that I can receive it before December 31, 2023.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe Tesla would promote something that is unattainable for their customers? Do you think they might collaborate with customers to extend the deadline or find a way to still allow us to transfer the benefit of free unlimited supercharging?

Anyone know what they end of doing for transfers the FSD on Q3? Did they extend the deadline for customers?

Tesla introduced the offer of transfer free unlimited supercharging at 10:20. I placed my order a day and a half later. To qualify for transferring the free unlimited supercharging, I must take delivery by the end of this year. However, based on all the posts I've read so far, it seems unlikely that I can receive it before December 31, 2023.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe Tesla would promote something that is unattainable for their customers? Do you think they might collaborate with customers to extend the deadline or find a way to still allow us to transfer the benefit of free unlimited supercharging?

Anyone know what they end of doing for transfers the FSD on Q3? Did they extend the deadline for customers?
On the FSD I believe they extended the offer for those who had placed an order. As to the FUSC, there would be no benefit to Tesla to offer it with no hope to make it attainable. I, as I suspect many, would simply abort the purchase if the transfer was not going to go through.

Last edited:
On the FSD I believe they extended the offer for those who had placed and order. As to the FUSC, there would be no benefit to Tesla to offer it with no hope to make it attainable. I, as I suspect many, would simply abort the purchase if the transfer was not going to go through.
That’s what I thought. I feel like they will end up extended the offer like what they did on FSD.

I placed my order within 24 hours of the offer. My contact at Tesla, who has delivered my last two Tesla, said not to worry. I ordered MX plaid MSM that got switched to Stealth. He said they will prioritize these orders at quarter end but it will probably be delivered near New Years.

Reactions: chillaban
I placed my order the morning of the announcement and immediately started looking for inventory transfers. The app inventory changes pretty quickly and it’s literally two taps to grab an inventory model.

I didn’t think based off the delivery spreadsheet that I could comfortably get a delivery of a built to order in time.

I placed my order within 24 hours of the offer. My contact at Tesla, who has delivered my last two Tesla, said not to worry. I ordered MX plaid MSM that got switched to Stealth. He said they will prioritize these orders at quarter end but it will probably be delivered near New Years.
Happy to hear, and hopefully, they can do the same for me. I called my advisor today because my EDD changed to Dec 22 - Feb 16. He had me file a transfer supercharging agreement. He said that, in this way, Fremont would know. I'm not sure if that helps prioritize the order. I don't know why he didn't give me the form at the beginning. I am in SoCal.

I'm not sure why they would prioritize orders for FUSC, given that Tesla loses more money on these orders since they have to offer the actual transfer, rather than those who didn't order FUSC.

Nevertheless, it's really generally first come, first serve (at least in batches and location) for orders. They won't prioritize your orders over those who placed their orders in September.

Either way, based on what happened with FSD, as long as you placed the order before the deadline of Dec 31, they will most likely honor the transfer even if you picked it up after Dec. 31.

I'm not sure why they would prioritize orders for FUSC, given that Tesla loses more money on these orders since they have to offer the actual transfer, rather than those who didn't order FUSC.

Nevertheless, it's really generally first come, first serve (at least in batches and location) for orders. They won't prioritize your orders over those who placed their orders in September.

Either way, based on what happened with FSD, as long as you placed the order before the deadline of Dec 31, they will most likely honor the transfer even if you picked it up after Dec. 31.
Agree. Prioritize orders created extra works to themselves. They should just simple extend the deadline like what they did on FSD, I hope. I don’t mind wait and get an 2024 model.

On the books Tesla does not lose any money. It does not increase any liability and may in fact reduce liability - cheaper to charge a Y than an X. It does allow them to book another sale and revenue. Those are the 2 number they are most interested in. If they wanted to maximize revenue they should prioritize orders of the X Plaid made after the price increase.

We picked up our 2023 MSLR+ on March, 31. At that time, I gave up my FSD & FUSC, as non transferable from our 2020 MSLR+
I reminded the sales team that I had purchased the 'Lifetime' FUSC & also the 'Tech Package, which was what was FSD was in the early beginnings. I was told that FSD was non transferable & the EAP would be a $6,000 option, if I wanted it
Now, Tesla later did offer a One Time transfer of the FSD to owners,,, 30 days after I had taken delivery!
This totally was not offered to me.
I feel like this was a slight to me, an early adopter who had to go through all the safe driver scenarios just to keep my FSD.
Now, our 2023 MS is still a fantastic car & I love it, yet, I am 60 miles from a Supercharger so FUSC isn't a deal breaker. But The FSD is sorely missed. All we have is the standard Cruise Control/AP, which I consider quirky at best. The poor thing wanders too close to the center line on curves & dodges 'Toward' the center line each & every time we crest a hill. FSD.
When the Tech Package was Mobile Eye, wasn't this bad - Tsk Tsk

Update:
I now have a S/C 6 miles from our house, sorta too little, too late feeling

Reactions: chillaban
We picked up our 2023 MSLR+ on March, 31. At that time, I gave up my FSD & FUSC, as non transferable from our 2020 MSLR+
I reminded the sales team that I had purchased the 'Lifetime' FUSC & also the 'Tech Package, which was what was FSD was in the early beginnings. I was told that FSD was non transferable & the EAP would be a $6,000 option, if I wanted it
Now, Tesla later did offer a One Time transfer of the FSD to owners,,, 30 days after I had taken delivery!
This totally was not offered to me.
I feel like this was a slight to me, an early adopter who had to go through all the safe driver scenarios just to keep my FSD.
Now, our 2023 MS is still a fantastic car & I love it, yet, I am 60 miles from a Supercharger so FUSC isn't a deal breaker. But The FSD is sorely missed. All we have is the standard Cruise Control/AP, which I consider quirky at best. The poor thing wanders too close to the center line on curves & dodges 'Toward' the center line each & every time we crest a hill. FSD.
When the Tech Package was Mobile Eye, wasn't this bad - Tsk Tsk

Update:
I now have a S/C 6 miles from our house, sorta too little, too late feeling
That sucks, doubly bad luck with the timing. Sorry!