Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me start by saying that I love my Model S and I don't want to sell it, I need to sell it. Due to a growing family I have to get the Model X. I am the original owner and it has been babied and garage kept from day 1. I took delivery in the middle of June 2016. I put on a complete clear bra with all top of the line products. I also tinted the windows, including the front windshield, with only the best products. I included receipts for the vehicle as well as the detailed upgrades so you can see exactly what I have into this car. It is in perfect condition, never been in an accident, I have 2 original keys and there are only 7500 miles on it as of this post.

Here are some highlights:

1. Auto Pilot Enabled
2. All Glass Panoramic Roof
3. Black Next Generation Seats
4. Smart Air Suspension
5. Premium Interior Package
6. Ultra High Fidelity Sound
7. Clear Bra - with wrapped edges
8. All Windows Tinted (Front & Rear Included)
9. Carbon Fiber Accents Throughout
10. Red Calipers

Asking: $79,900

Attachments

• Front Left.jpg
    Front Left.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 146
  • autopilot.jpg
    autopilot.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 111
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 104
  • mileage.jpg
    mileage.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 115
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 106
  • red caliper.jpg
    red caliper.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Model S Receipt.pdf
    555.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Incognito1.jpg
    Incognito1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 105
  • incognito2.jpg
    incognito2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 107
The Price drop that happened overnight will be painful to you.

A brand new S75, with Enhanced Autopilot (AP2), similar options, comes out to $83,800. That's $76,300 after the $7500 Fed Tax Credit, and your car is AP1, and has 7500 miles on it.

Realistically, I'd be looking at it around the $55k-60k mark. $80k is ridiculous in my humble opinion.

Actually @professionalr you and @spentan are BOTH wrong.

First off, when you build a 75D same as his car:
Solid Black, Autopilot, Black NG Seats, CF Interior, Pano Roof, Premium Interior, and Premium Sound...
MSRP + Destination = $87,250

Then the right buyer will add value to the black painted wheels, the red calipers, the window tint, and the clear bra. It may be cheaper in certain parts of the country to have that work done, so $6,340 might be higher --- but even in a budget (or in cheaper places like where I am, in Ohio) that is easily $4k worth of work for sure.

Even without those added options, his car is easily worth $75,000 at the low end. I sold the same car for $70,000 about 2-3 months ago to someone (who drove it all the way home from the Midwest out to Los Angles,) and my car didn't have pano, premium interior, or premium sound. It did have subzero and clear bra, but was missing a few options @Sofaman has here. That said, AP2 is more capable these days, but I'd still say he is pretty close to asking the right pice-- and hey, make the guy an offer you never know!

To the OP-- GLWS! Looks like a great car...

Actually @professionalr you and @spentan are BOTH wrong.

First off, when you build a 75D same as his car:
Solid Black, Autopilot, Black NG Seats, CF Interior, Pano Roof, Premium Interior, and Premium Sound...
MSRP + Destination = $87,250

Then the right buyer will add value to the black painted wheels, the red calipers, the window tint, and the clear bra. It may be cheaper in certain parts of the country to have that work done, so $6,340 might be higher --- but even in a budget (or in cheaper places like where I am, in Ohio) that is easily $4k worth of work for sure.

Even without those added options, his car is easily worth $75,000 at the low end. I sold the same car for $70,000 about 2-3 months ago to someone (who drove it all the way home from the Midwest out to Los Angles,) and my car didn't have pano, premium interior, or premium sound. It did have subzero and clear bra, but was missing a few options @Sofaman has here. That said, AP2 is more capable these days, but I'd still say he is pretty close to asking the right pice-- and hey, make the guy an offer you never know!

To the OP-- GLWS! Looks like a great car...
@arijaycomet the OP has a S70, not a 75D. Therefore my original figures stand.

Clear Bra/chrome delete/etc is a great added bonus, but definitely not worth the original price. In most car sales, modifications are not worth anything to the 2nd buyer. But even if you take it at face value of $6340, that's still just under $83k.

Take into account the OP's vehicle is S70 instead of S75, AP1 instead of AP2 w/EAP, is 1 year and 7500mi used instead of brand new. You still think it has depreciated only $3000?

Which nobody asked you for.

giphy.gif

@arijaycomet the OP has a S70, not a 75D. Therefore my original figures stand.

Clear Bra/chrome delete/etc is a great added bonus, but definitely not worth the original price. In most car sales, modifications are not worth anything to the 2nd buyer. But even if you take it at face value of $6340, that's still just under $83k.

Take into account the OP's vehicle is S70 instead of S75, AP1 instead of AP2 w/EAP, is 1 year and 7500mi used instead of brand new. You still think it has depreciated only $3000?

First off, any car is only worth what someone will pay for it. So really that is what it is worth here, regardless of what "bench pricing" you and I discuss.

Secondly, my car was also a 70D not a 75D -- and the owner and I talk daily. He couldn't be happier. There are VERY few Facelift cars for sale on Tesla.com site and most of them are P90D or similar.

All that said, my car had a $70k selling price, and a sticker price that would have been LESS than the OP here. I'm going to say he has about $6k more net MSRP than my car (estimated, forget what some of those items like Premium and Pano cost, my car didn't have those). Let's assume he'd get back 75% of that then yes I still think $74-75k is a reasonable price for his car on the open market.

In my experience (we are on our 6th Model S right now, and we had a Model X, too-- all since 2014, so we do a lot of car buying in my home)--- you can expect a car bought new to lose about 10% plus the $7500 tax credit in the first 12 months, with a minor adjustment where needed for mileage. I'm putting his car around $91k MSRP but I could be wrong (my $87k above was today's 75D figures which are lower as we all know). Let's round down to $90k... less 10% is $81k, less $7500 is right back to just shy of my $74k value. At the low end his car should fetch $72k retail, maybe more if someone really wants a facelift, doesn't want to wait 2 months, etc etc....

But... we're just guessing as to what someone will pay... and the truth is, since neither of us are making offers on his car, it doesn't really matter what we think LOL

First off, any car is only worth what someone will pay for it. So really that is what it is worth here, regardless of what "bench pricing" you and I discuss.

Secondly, my car was also a 70D not a 75D -- and the owner and I talk daily. He couldn't be happier. There are VERY few Facelift cars for sale on Tesla.com site and most of them are P90D or similar.

Agreed. The market sets the value.

@arijaycomet the OP has a 70, It's not Dual Motor. Which is why your numbers are off by $5000. You had a 70D, albeit with less options.

Either way, Good Luck to the OP with the sale.

Agreed. The market sets the value.

@arijaycomet the OP has a 70, It's not Dual Motor. Which is why your numbers are off by $5000. You had a 70D, albeit with less options.

Either way, Good Luck to the OP with the sale.
At $500 for the new upgrading price, the OP could sell it as a S75 at this point to try to find a buyer.

Good luck OP with the sale!

Reactions: spentan
Agreed. The market sets the value. @arijaycomet the OP has a 70, It's not Dual Motor. Which is why your numbers are off by $5000. You had a 70D, albeit with less options. Either way, Good Luck to the OP with the sale.

AHHH... okay somehow I completely missed that. At one point the OP had reached out to me, asking what my car had sold for-- hence I just glassed over that detail, assuming it was the same trim level with just different options. Now that I see the lack of dual motor, my assessment of value would drop accordingly. Thanks @spentan for clarifying that.

GLWS to the OP ... it is tough to sell a used Tesla period... Tesla has positioned themselves such that most buyers go direct to a Tesla store, be it new, or used. I've had 7 total Tesla, and only sold 1 via private party successfully (well one was a lease take-over, but we lost 75% of our deposit there, boo!)

Reactions: spentan
Ya on resale, many options are worthless and all aftermarket stuff are totally worthless or even negative... e.g., for me, all the aftermarket stuff on this car is worth negative. Try to get a trade-in quote to see what's realistic. Private sale maybe 3k above trade-in. I think owner will be pretty surprised how low the trade-in offer is.