Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S for sale self-driving and free super charging 17k miles $65K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe try actually driving one?

I've had both and AP1 can't even touch half of what AP2 is capable of.
I currently have 3 Teslas with AP1, AP2.5 and AP3. I can say without question that AP1 has smoother lane keeping than the most advanced Tesla AP. If someone thinks AP1 isn’t smoother they need to drive both everyday back to back because the difference is noticeable. I’m not saying Tesla hasn’t improved their system but AP1 is a tough target to match. The AP1 hardware never has the glitches that are common with AP2 and above. AP1 handles highway travel better and doesn’t have the problems when an exit lane starts and the lane gets wider or the panic braking when it sees a ghost? or when going under some highway signs. AP1 actually reads speed limit signs and adjust its speed in construction zones. Speed limit sign recognition is patented Mobileye technology and AP2 and above only use GPS which is not current. The AP2 NOA is hardly worth using as well as the self lane change being so slow and timid at times or downright reckless at others. Nav on Autopilot might seem ok to a really poor driver but it makes so many foolish moves it makes me wonder if other drivers around think you have no clue how to drive. AP1 cars are a bargain when priced much less than other cars.

Sorry for posting in a for sale thread but just wanted to set the misinformation straight with first hand truth.
Free bump anyway for your car sale GLWS:)

Last edited: