Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone catch the last sentence on the refreshed model s page under Autopilot and the "new" Summon feature.

Autopilot
Autopilot allows Model S to steer within a lane, change lanes with the simple tap of a turn signal, and manage speed by using active, traffic-aware cruise control. Digital control of motors, brakes, and steering helps avoid collisions from the front and sides, and prevents the car from wandering off the road. Autopilot also enables your car to scan for a parking space and parallel park on command. And our new Summon feature lets you "call" your car from your phone so it can come greet you at the front door in the morning.

Autopilot features are progressively enabled over time with software updates
Curious that it does not mention perpendicular parking but only parallel parking...

So I am supposed to pick up my "Classic" new model S tomorrow. Should I cancel, lose my $2,500 deposit, $1,200 referral fee,and &1,500 lower price and re-order so I can get the new front end and color keyed (instead of black) side molding? Personally I expects more changes.

Wow. Tough decision. One thing I noticed the price is including the $1200.00 doc fee which I don't think was included in the old pricing so is it only a $300.00 increase than? The Model S base is 71,500 with doc fee and it used to be 71,200.

I got the same email about the changes and that I will receive them at no additional costs. Guess I ordered just at the right time.
Don't take my word written in stone, but it seems if you have your Model S on order and it has NOT entered production until today, you will receive the changes for no extra cost to you. :)

So am I the first to notice that they really dumbed down the rear bumper? I am not enticed. They didn't give it the X's tail lights either which I suppose I understand. The headlights really needed attention, but this bumper. They sucked the sportiness right out of the rear valence.

True but I will say that when driving behind a Model S on Phoenix freeways that those chrome bits (mostly the TESLA above the license plate) reflect sun like no other!

To those who have spoken with their DS or received the email... are we only getting the new front / LED lights? What about the 48A charger? Also, if we had the premium package on our order, would that mean we are getting the new options in the new premium package (bio-defense, turning lights)?

Looking at that email it sounds like we would just get the new front and led lights but nothing else?

Is everything on the design studio all we are getting for the foreseeable future? No new tech, no new colors etc?

Expect new stuff to flow in over time. The best time to buy a Tesla is right now, so you can enjoy all of the benefits!

There will be more updates, however if the current car has what you want, I'd pull the trigger. This design update was significant - don't look for any new exterior design changes for a few years.

The interior will get more updates (vented seats, map pockets, etc). The tail lights will change slightly. There will be a P100D... But those could be some ways off.

To those who have spoken with their DS or received the email... are we only getting the new front / LED lights? What about the 48A charger? Also, if we had the premium package on our order, would that mean we are getting the new options in the new premium package (bio-defense, turning lights)?

Looking at that email it sounds like we would just get the new front and led lights but nothing else?

Have an email out to DS asking if the former "Premium Interior" will be converted to "Premium Upgrades" (same price), and also if the 48A charger is in there. My guess is that they won't be running old and new parts on the production line so those will be there, but will update when I hear back.

I would probably re-do the order and pay the $1,500 for adaptive headlights and the other minor tweaks, but that doesn't mean I WANT to.

In any event I'm happy to be getting these changes right at the front end and having a good bit of time owning the "latest" before more inevitable changes occur!