Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ventilated seats haven't been added yet either, hence my delayed delivery. :(

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I'm just waiting on those ventilated seats to give Tesla the okay to build the car. BTW, the definition of "first-world problem" is being forced to drive a P85 while waiting for ventilated seats to be available for your P90D order. ;)

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I'm just waiting on those ventilated seats to give Tesla the okay to build the car. BTW, the definition of "first-world problem" is being forced to drive a P85 while waiting for ventilated seats to be available for your P90D order. ;)

I have actually tested Teslas ventilated seats?....they are not that great...in the X anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: newtman
I have actually tested Teslas ventilated seats?....they are not that great...in the X anyway.
I get the feeling they may vary. I've heard a number of complaints like yours, but in my X, the ventilated seats (while a bit noisy) are actually quite effective. When the climate control in the car is set to a moderate level, having the seats on high (level 3) is a bit much for me. I keep mine on 2, which is quieter and more comfortable. Overall, I'm definitely glad I got them. My wife is often too cold in the car, and I'm too hot. Being able to control the seat ventilation works better than the zoned AC for personal comfort.

Ordered my ms the day before the m3 event, delayed for 2 weeks for the refresh just received the call that I'm off the assembly line and should take san diego delivery this Thursday midnight 70d

I think I'm going to just drive around san diego in circles all night thursday.

No, they're not nearly as good as the ventilated seats in our Yukon Denali. That said, they're better than no ventilated seats and, as I pointed out, I'm not exactly going without by waiting a little longer. The plan is to wait until about September. If nothing's changed by then I'm going to have them make the car. As long as I have the dual motor system before ski season starts again I'll be happy.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
20160527_131456.jpg

Clearly opinions are personal and differ but comparing your two great pictures and based on looks alone I would take the shiny blue 60 with the old front end.
Based on those two pics, I'd agree... But that shot just doesn't show off the gray like it did the blue. The gray and new nose have an appeal all their own, I just need to find the right "pose" and backdrop for it. It would've helped had I waited for the crystal serum to be applied first, too! If it ever stops raining here I'll wash it and try some new shoots!