Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 mx 90d vents found in trunk to hvac?!?! Please help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when I got my mx I found 2 hvac vents In The trunk found them storaged away.
i never got around to check it out until cleaning out the garage I found the hvac vents
im dying with 2nd row low flow vents I assume these vents I have in my garage cabinet are missing duct pieces to 2nd row??
I been on Tesla service manua sso online find bunch info n photos but nothing on 2nd row vents. I find n-pillar information. Trim or panels removal. But no duct
standby for photo

when I got my mx I found 2 hvac vents In The trunk found them storaged away.
i never got around to check it out until cleaning out the garage I found the hvac vents
im dying with 2nd row low flow vents I assume these vents I have in my garage cabinet are missing duct pieces to 2nd row??
I been on Tesla service manua sso online find bunch info n photos but nothing on 2nd row vents. I find n-pillar information. Trim or panels removal. But no duct
standby for photo
I found those what appear to be HVAC vents in my vehicle too. They actually go holes in the bottom edge (corners) of the lift gate. I brought them to the attention of my Service Center, "Oh yeah, the prep team forgot to install them." I believe they facilitate draining any water that accumulates in the lift gate, making sure it does not drain into the car. Easy fix, the tech ran out to my car and stuck them in holes provided.

photo of the duct. It’s long when assembled together
im lift up the 2nd row Carpet tomorrow see I can see?

Attachments

• IMG_6119.jpeg
    IMG_6119.jpeg
    842.2 KB · Views: 53
I found those what appear to be HVAC vents in my vehicle too. They actually go holes in the bottom edge (corners) of the lift gate. I brought them to the attention of my Service Center, "Oh yeah, the prep team forgot to install them." I believe they facilitate draining any water that accumulates in the lift gate, making sure it does not drain into the car. Easy fix, the tech ran out to my car and stuck them in holes provided.
I posted a photo. I seen the drainage tubes but the duct I have is kinda big n seems to run the width of the vehicle.

I am getting tired of the crappy air flow in the 2nd row. Third row right side blows the best out that vent But left side nothing

I’m so close do anything, even retrofit old school swamp cooler because no Matter the setting it’s on, 2nd row ac is terrible for my 3y/o

I posted a photo. I seen the drainage tubes but the duct I have is kinda big n seems to run the width of the vehicle.
I am getting tired of the crappy air flow in the 2nd row. Third row right side blows the best out that vent But left side nothing
I’m so close do anything, even retrofit old school swamp cooler because no Matter the setting it’s on, 2nd row ac is terrible for my 3y/o
Nothing like what I had, so disregard. Sorry.

Remove carpet from bottom of trunk and it will be obvious where they go. The tubing connects the blower on one side to the vent on the other. Use duct tape to seal gaps where pieces connect and you should be good.
Thank you im goin to check this out today.
hopefully I get a little better AC flow to 2nd row
but it seems this AC problem is very common to ALL MX n possibly Tesla other models.

Reactions: snorp