Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my Model 3. Sadly this means I will be parting ways with my Model S.

Mileage: 26,285
Clean CarFax

Solid White Paint
Body Color Roof
19" Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Piano Black Décor
Matching Yacht Floor
White Alcantara Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features

Factory 19" wheels have been powder coated gloss black with red Tesla "T" center caps. 3M crystalline tints all-around

The vehicle will be listed through Lexus of Westport and is due to be pictured shortly. Contact me directly with any inquiries!

Attachments

• front-min.jpg
    front-min.jpg
    792.5 KB · Views: 151
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    819.8 KB · Views: 107
If at all possible try to keep this a private party transaction. Running the sale through a dealership will prevent the next owners from being able to add an extended warranty through Tesla (remainder of manufacturer warranty remains in tact).

• Informative
Reactions: Icer
How much are you asking? Car located in FL?
If at all possible try to keep this a private party transaction. Running the sale through a dealership will prevent the next owners from being able to add an extended warranty through Tesla (remainder of manufacturer warranty remains in tact).

If the next owner would like an extended warranty I will happily purchase it for them through my Tesla account before completing the transaction through the dealership.

Attachments

• extended warranty.PNG
    extended warranty.PNG
    57 KB · Views: 87
I would have an interest as long as its a private sale
If you don't mind me asking, why would you prefer a private sale? Buying from a dealership offers peace of mind as we would prepare all the relevant paperwork with the state to transfer ownership to you, especially if the car you are buying has a lien attached to the title. You don't have to worry about forgetting something or about filling it out wrong as you could encounter with a private sale. A reputable dealer knows exactly what needs to be done and will get it done right. Besides how often when buying a car from a dealer do you get to meet the original owner?

If you don't mind me asking, why would you prefer a private sale? Buying from a dealership offers peace of mind as we would prepare all the relevant paperwork with the state to transfer ownership to you, especially if the car you are buying has a lien attached to the title. You don't have to worry about forgetting something or about filling it out wrong as you could encounter with a private sale. A reputable dealer knows exactly what needs to be done and will get it done right. Besides how often when buying a car from a dealer do you get to meet the original owner?

Im sure its partly because it will be more expensive for no good reason..

Reactions: DrivingRockies
Im sure its partly because it will be more expensive for no good reason..
Expensive is a relative term. Some people may prefer to have some level of legal assurance when considering to purchase a large ticket item such as a pre-owned Tesla. Would you want to consider costs if you bought it privately and something went wrong with the transaction? Private sellers aren't bound by the same strict state/federal laws as are dealerships. Besides having someone else do all the footwork related to completing the transaction for you usually is perceived to carry some value. In the end you weigh the pros and cons against your personal situation.

Expensive is a relative term. Some people may prefer to have some level of legal assurance when considering to purchase a large ticket item such as a pre-owned Tesla. Would you want to consider costs if you bought it privately and something went wrong with the transaction? Private sellers aren't bound by the same strict state/federal laws as are dealerships. Besides having someone else do all the footwork related to completing the transaction for you usually is perceived to carry some value. In the end you weigh the pros and cons against your personal situation.

I completely respect your opinion, i just have a differing one. I would prefer to buy from an owner rather than a sales guy who knows nothing about the car (in general terms)

I completely respect your opinion, i just have a differing one. I would prefer to buy from an owner rather than a sales guy who knows nothing about the car (in general terms)

As do I respect your opinion. Please keep in mind, save for the fact I do work for the dealership - I kind of know the car in and out (considering I was the owner of it for the last 2 years). I loved every moment I spent with my Model S as my daily driver and have always been so meticulous about its appearance that I am proud to say it has yet to see an automatic car-wash. I paid a premium when I had the wheels power coated because I only wanted a Tesla approved body shop touching my car. Believe me, as a die-hard Tesla fan in the auto business, I received a fair amount of slack for driving to work in the car I did. But because I work for the dealership listing the vehicle for sale, I will be directly involved in the transaction - just as I would be doing if I sold the car privately.

Reactions: JPUConn
Why are you against doing business directly ? The dealer is not going to do it for free.

Why are you against doing business directly ? The dealer is not going to do it for free.

I understand there is no such thing as a free lunch. I chose to list my Tesla through the dealership because it afforded me all the protections I wished for as the seller and allowed me to market it on a platform with much more exposure than I could ever have done myself in a private offering.