Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50 2275226 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both my AP1 and AP2 Model S's got 2017.50.2 last night. I'm going for a drive to see what changed. The release notes don't say anything new. Just improved easy entry and chill mode which were both already there. I had the failed update last week. Didn't hurt anything, just didn't update.

Last edited:
Both my AP1 and AP2 Model S's got 2017.50.2 last night. I'm going for a drive to see what changed. The release notes don't say anything new. Just improved easy entry and chill mode which were both already there. I had the failed update last week. Didn't hurt anything, just didn't update.
You might want to create a new thread for 2017.50.2 to keep it separate from this firmware version. I just installed it as well. I moved my car outside so I could cool down the battery and test the new battery conditioning feature first!

You have a really unique definition of "couple of months". People have been asking here and on Tesla's own forums since at least 2013, so 55+ calendar months. I guess 55 months is a "couple of months" in Elon time? ;)

As for the mirror, don't even get me started on that. I am an early adopter, my wife is not. She didn't read the f#*!@ release notes for the update. She parked at a business Park underground parking where she usually did, but it has narrow spaces. She got in the car as usual, folded the mirrors as usual and started backing up. She did not expect the mirrors to unfold automatically, but they did, right into a concrete pillar. It just costed me ~$600 to replace btw. I will say this, Tesla does have great service and mirror replacement they now do using their Rangers. :) Still, I wish they would stop changing how the car works - all new features should be optionally enabled! Oh, btw, I hear they did modify the mirror unfold to now only unfold above 10 or 20mph, but too late for me, I'm out $600 because I got the first beta implementation. :(

Sorry for your loss, and thanks for the note on Rangers. Sidestep to a tangent for a moment: I think Rangers will help valuation greatly via lower CapEx and higher customer satisfaction.

Sorry for your loss, and thanks for the note on Rangers. Sidestep to a tangent for a moment: I think Rangers will help valuation greatly via lower CapEx and higher customer satisfaction.
They call them Mobile Techs now, possibly somehow different capabilities than the old Ranger, or just a new term. The experience was great, the tech was on time, very pleasant, knowledgeable about the products changed out the broken mirror in no time, even pushed an update to our other Tesla while at it. Billing was done by Tesla directly, so the tech doesn't have to worry about it either. Definitely a great idea. Service quality has been one of the major reasons I keep staying with Tesla - they've always been stellar. The mobile techs are a welcome addition, at least for me.

They call them Mobile Techs now, possibly somehow different capabilities than the old Ranger, or just a new term. The experience was great, the tech was on time, very pleasant, knowledgeable about the products changed out the broken mirror in no time, even pushed an update to our other Tesla while at it. Billing was done by Tesla directly, so the tech doesn't have to worry about it either. Definitely a great idea. Service quality has been one of the major reasons I keep staying with Tesla - they've always been stellar. The mobile techs are a welcome addition, at least for me.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s certainly proven to be a great initiative for the company, it’s capex needs, and wait times.