Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.3.f3425a1 is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confused, isn't auto wipers already a feature? I've been using them on my AP1 S for a long time...
Not on Autopilot hardware 2.0 cars (Oct '16 ->) - until today.

Our AP1 cars have a dedicated rain sensor from Hella. It's that black, round thing you see above/beside your forward camera from outside of your windshield.

AP2 doesn't have that sensor. Instead they got a bunch of new cameras and new compute.

Tesla was 'ballsy' and dropped the Hella sensor, and tried to do rain sensing with the new camera setup. Looks like they've succeeded. We'll see.

Sensitivity is supposed to be by the two selections on the stalk, as it says in the Release Notes. Are we expecting other adjustments?
14def6977c06e4809a755b76948dafb5e47432fa55ca9cca931a99f73b1c9e1a.jpg

Reactions: boaterva
From a programmers perspective the difference between an Alpha and Beta is that an Alpha is tested internally, a Beta is tested externally. Therefore any releases we see will always be at least Beta releases.

What? No. An alpha is not feature-complete. A beta is feature-complete but not fully tested, at least traditionally. The recent "getting the public to test for free" trend does not dictate the phases.

Last edited: