TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2017 90D Lease Transfer - $1,220/mo

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by riemannh, Sep 29, 2017.

1. riemannh

riemannh Member

First, I'm providing a link to a site which I'm advertising my car through (so I don't have to re-post all of the data here)... If that's in violation of the forum rule on "Competing Sites, Businesses, Individuals and Organizations," (or another rule) please let me know and I'll remove this post.

The link.

My wife and I have decided the car doesn't make sense for us since our move, so the value proposition, for us, isn't there anymore.

We moved into downtown Seattle (where the car is located), where we walk to work, so we only dive the car about 0.75 times a week. Our apartment building doesn't allow for a reasonable charging solution, either - so that's become more of a bother as well.

Feel free to contact me via the link above or IM on the forum. I don't think the conditions of my listing it on the site above prohibit me seeking buyers outside of their venue*. If they do, a swap may have to be performed through their site.

*I don't see why they'd restrict this, they don't get a commission on the transfer.

2. NewGalena

NewGalena Member

Do you have any flexibility on the $5,500?

3. riemannh

riemannh Member

I do... PM me w/ an offer...

My next lease payment is due in a few days - perhaps we could work something out around that (depending on how quickly you want the car).

4. SammyJr.

SammyJr. Member

Wow....yikes

5. riemannh

riemannh Member

Since some folks on this forum have expressed interest but been dissuaded by the down payment, I'm posting here first:

I'm dropping the down payment to $0 on the car - just a strait lease takeover at $1,220. I've not updated swapalease.com's listing yet. I'll do that by the end of the day (Oct. 8), unless someone jumps on it before then, but I'm advertising this here first.

I'm very firm on the price I've listed now, though. Even if we're not using the car, I can't imagine stomaching splitting the payment on a car someone else is driving (even if that is irrational) - I'd rather just keep it.

PM me or contact me through swapalease if you're interested.

6. thenyukie

thenyukie New Member

What's the residual?

7. outie

outie Active Member

Alternatively you might be able to rent it out on Turo and possibly make some profits. GL.

• Like x 1
  8. riemannh

riemannh Member

The residual is $63,192.

Thanks for the tip, outie, I'll check out Turo.

9. NewGalena

NewGalena Member

As I am a relatively new member, I don't think that I have PM privileges (or perhaps it is user error...). Is the car still available?

10. msmetzger

msmetzger Member

Turo could be a really good option for you and the car will pay for itself...

11. Sunshine State

If you can get someone to just takeover payments your doing great! Almost every one puts money down and many leased 90D cars with hefty $10k-$20k inventory discounts. People usually wind up also having to pay a premium to get a lease taken over. After all you got to enjoy a brand new car of your choice, the person taking over the lease is getting a used car of your choosing with the same monthly payments.

12. riemannh

riemannh Member

Agreed, in this case my car on offer builds in the incentive as we decided to put down a fair amount of cash (which, in retrospect, was a stupid decision on my part - but I was new to leasing).

This down payment is why $1,220/mo. for a 2017 90D with >1,000 mi/mo. allowed is considerably cheaper that (almost?) any other car I've found on the lease takeover market (including incentives).