Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 90D Lease Transfer - $1,220/mo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I'm providing a link to a site which I'm advertising my car through (so I don't have to re-post all of the data here)... If that's in violation of the forum rule on "Competing Sites, Businesses, Individuals and Organizations," (or another rule) please let me know and I'll remove this post.

The link.

My wife and I have decided the car doesn't make sense for us since our move, so the value proposition, for us, isn't there anymore.

We moved into downtown Seattle (where the car is located), where we walk to work, so we only dive the car about 0.75 times a week. Our apartment building doesn't allow for a reasonable charging solution, either - so that's become more of a bother as well.

Feel free to contact me via the link above or IM on the forum. I don't think the conditions of my listing it on the site above prohibit me seeking buyers outside of their venue*. If they do, a swap may have to be performed through their site.

*I don't see why they'd restrict this, they don't get a commission on the transfer.

Since some folks on this forum have expressed interest but been dissuaded by the down payment, I'm posting here first:

I'm dropping the down payment to $0 on the car - just a strait lease takeover at $1,220. I've not updated swapalease.com's listing yet. I'll do that by the end of the day (Oct. 8), unless someone jumps on it before then, but I'm advertising this here first.

I'm very firm on the price I've listed now, though. Even if we're not using the car, I can't imagine stomaching splitting the payment on a car someone else is driving (even if that is irrational) - I'd rather just keep it.

PM me or contact me through swapalease if you're interested.

Since some folks on this forum have expressed interest but been dissuaded by the down payment, I'm posting here first:

I'm dropping the down payment to $0 on the car - just a strait lease takeover at $1,220. I've not updated swapalease.com's listing yet. I'll do that by the end of the day (Oct. 8), unless someone jumps on it before then, but I'm advertising this here first.

I'm very firm on the price I've listed now, though. Even if we're not using the car, I can't imagine stomaching splitting the payment on a car someone else is driving (even if that is irrational) - I'd rather just keep it.

PM me or contact me through swapalease if you're interested.
Alternatively you might be able to rent it out on Turo and possibly make some profits. GL.

Reactions: msmetzger
If you can get someone to just takeover payments your doing great! Almost every one puts money down and many leased 90D cars with hefty $10k-$20k inventory discounts. People usually wind up also having to pay a premium to get a lease taken over. After all you got to enjoy a brand new car of your choice, the person taking over the lease is getting a used car of your choosing with the same monthly payments.

If you can get someone to just takeover payments your doing great! Almost every one puts money down and many leased 90D cars with hefty $10k-$20k inventory discounts. People usually wind up also having to pay a premium to get a lease taken over. After all you got to enjoy a brand new car of your choice, the person taking over the lease is getting a used car of your choosing with the same monthly payments.

Agreed, in this case my car on offer builds in the incentive as we decided to put down a fair amount of cash (which, in retrospect, was a stupid decision on my part - but I was new to leasing).

This down payment is why $1,220/mo. for a 2017 90D with >1,000 mi/mo. allowed is considerably cheaper that (almost?) any other car I've found on the lease takeover market (including incentives).

we decided to put down a fair amount of cash (which, in retrospect, was a stupid decision on my part - but I was new to leasing).
Curious - what would you put down if you had to do it again knowing what you know now? I'm looking into my first ever lease (takeover vs new) and have no idea how much one should put down on a new lease, assuming money is no object. (and I ran the numbers to put the whole 36mos down up front and I can make more money on the little bit saved by putting that into a CD).