Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although that is correct, but the email typically comes about 5 mins after the investor relations page gets the release. So maybe it is worth killing that F5 button ;)
Over the weekend the email is very nice. For times like now where it is possibly imminent I keep my brokerage trading platform open on my second monitor where I can see the real time Bid/Ask and volume. If I see a rapidly changing bid/ask and rising volume I know the numbers are out AND I can save my F5 key ;)

From the survey regarding lack of EV awareness:
  • The survey shows that younger and more affluent consumers were more likely to buy an EV than the rest of the motoring public: 17% of consumers earning $100,000 or more and 18% of 25-34 year-olds plan on making an EV their next car.
That is HUGE. 17% of wealthy consumers plan on making an EV their next car? Wow, if true.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
have the TSLA real-time daily price movements (Yahoo or NASDAQ or whatever) permanently displayed or linked to this thread?

Here's my one weird idea, since it's so easy to glance at a real-time SP on any device...
Stamp the TSLA price as of the time of posting, on every post.
It can be super small in a corner.
Think of the value for those reading the thread in 2020. I got the idea while reading the 2013 ST Discussion (I want to be one of those who learn from history) and it would have been so helpful. Plus it adds 100% of needed context to those vague "did you see THAT??" posts.

Chrysler shows concept Van with 350 KW charging capability.
Well at least Chrysler is moving in the right direction. Leaving Tesla in the dust (ha ha).

Chrysler Unveils Portal Electric Minivan - 100 kWh Battery & 250 Miles Of Range
350 kW doesn't jive with 150 miles in 20 minutes. 150 miles would be 60 kWh, which means the charging would be around 180 kW. (The P100D can probably support similar charging.)

I guess we'll have to wait and see if this is anything more than a never-to-be-built concept.

From the survey regarding lack of EV awareness:
  • The survey shows that younger and more affluent consumers were more likely to buy an EV than the rest of the motoring public: 17% of consumers earning $100,000 or more and 18% of 25-34 year-olds plan on making an EV their next car.
That is HUGE. 17% of wealthy consumers plan on making an EV their next car? Wow, if true.
I think the number of working Americans that make over $100k is approximately 10%... if so (or near that), then 10% of the number of working Americans is about 25 million... and 17% of that is 4.25m and if on average they bought a brand new car every 7 years... then that's 700k EV sales per year by the... then Tesla will have some fraction of that.

doing the same with 25-34 year olds... first thing... how many of these 25-34 year olds overlap in the $100k statistic?... i mean, greater than $100k is a pretty typical salary SV for plenty of 30+ year olds... so I won't try this one.

market of 100s of thousands per year isn't "HUGE" for the auto industry... it's something, but not huge... and it doesn't put Tesla Auto anywhere near the size of BMW or others if this market is filled with the M3.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
Here's my one weird idea, since it's so easy to glance at a real-time SP on any device...
Stamp the TSLA price as of the time of posting, on every post.
It can be super small in a corner.
Think of the value for those reading the thread in 2020. I got the idea while reading the 2013 ST Discussion (I want to be one of those who learn from history) and it would have been so helpful. Plus it adds 100% of needed context to those vague "did you see THAT??" posts.

Super great idea! Would love to have that Gimmick here on TMC!

I think the number of working Americans that make over $100k is approximately 10%... if so (or near that), then 10% of the number of working Americans is about 25 million... and 17% of that is 4.25m and if on average they bought a brand new car every 7 years... then that's 700k EV sales per year by the... then Tesla will have some fraction of that.

doing the same with 25-34 year olds... first thing... how many of these 25-34 year olds overlap in the $100k statistic?... i mean, greater than $100k is a pretty typical salary SV for plenty of 30+ year olds... so I won't try this one.

market of 100s of thousands per year isn't "HUGE" for the auto industry... it's something, but not huge... and it doesn't put Tesla Auto anywhere near the size of BMW or others if this market is filled with the M3.
Are you on the wrong side of the trade again?

Comment to above. Chrysler van would only get 350 kW for the first few minutes, then it would ramp down.
Obviously, but other DC charging (limited by the battery) can usually maintain max speed up to around 70-80%. 150 miles/60 kWh would only be 60%.

I haven't found any place that explicitly states that the Portal could charge at 350 kW, only that it would need a 350 kW charger to replenish 150 miles in 20 minutes. I suspect the Portal could really only take advantage of 175-200 kW from a 350 kW charger.

This makes perfect sense, if it has a pack with 250V empty and 400V full, and the charger could supply 500V/700A/350kW, charging at empty would be max 250V x 700A = 175 kW.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

"General Motors is sending Mexican made model of Chevy Cruze to U.S. car dealers-tax free across border. Make in U.S.A.or pay big border tax!"
Everyone should tweet Trump back, "Wouldn't it be great if AMERICAN MADE cars could be sold in AMERICA #Tesla Michigan, Missouri, Texas.....". If we tweet enough, maybe we could raise some awareness in the administration. Worth a shot.

Everyone should tweet Trump back, "Wouldn't it be great if AMERICAN MADE cars could be sold in AMERICA #Tesla Michigan, Missouri, Texas.....". If we tweet enough, maybe we could raise some awareness in the administration. Worth a shot.
Donald Trump is a complete dumb ass troll... and now our president... you'd be wise to not react to his random thoughts on Twitter that are then blasted out by media:

GM fires back at Trump: Most of our Chevy Cruzes ARE built in the US

Reactions: tinm and 2virgule5
Status
Not open for further replies.