Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ValueAnalyst said:
Maybe you wouldn't have lost $500,000 if you had been open to suggestions from "promoters"...

That's probably worth $30/m
IMO that's offensive!

Do you guarantee loss free investing?

Can we all at least agree that great research takes a basic level of education/experience and a lot of time?
What great research?

IMO some of what you write is useful, but I haven't seen anything (except for the some of wildly optimistic predictions) that isn't fairly obvious from reading other posts on this forum.

How do you feel about paying the rest of us for a subscription to our content on this forum?

Please look at this in my signature:
The information and advice in my posts is "Open Source" and is free for personal use.

Last edited:
What great research?

IMO some of what you write is useful, but I haven't seen anything (except for the some of wildly optimistic predictions) that isn't fairly obvious from reading other posts on this forum.

How do you feel about paying the rest of us for a subscription to our content on this forum?

I didn't say I do great research. I said great research requires a lot of time and travel, so the only way for me to do great research is for enough people to sign up for the service, so that I can do the great research that is available to everyone, which would balance the playing field for retail investors, and even potentially decrease the influence shorts have on the stock.

So many here complain that they do not have the same access to great research that institutional investors do, but they do not want to pay even 1/1000th of what institutional investors pay. I find that... ironic.

This is clearly a lost cause. I'll scale back my posts to 1/1000th, not post any articles, and use the forum for sentiment analysis.

And y'all can keep complaining about the information disparity between the institutional vs. retail investors...

Last edited:
I think that the probability Elon's market cap projection is also dependent on the number and speed of competitive entry. At this point we still see only limited competition (LG, BYD) in battery production and only one serious EV competitor (BYD in China). The Volt, Leaf and i3 are basically compliance cars with GM, Nissan and BMW failing to commit to follow-on vehicles.

For some reason many of the investor types fail to see that EV batteries are not available at the scale needed for significant market share and that the announced production investment is also minimal compared to global auto production.

China's push into EVs will change this equation. Potentially Korean commitment as well. But both are probably 5+ years to see any real impact to Tesla's US or EU markets.

What is the big unknown (to us, maybe not Tesla) is how much auto production can be improved via clean sheet design combined with a robotic factory optimized for production. This is why I find Elon's comments about "the product is the factory," "we want to be the best manufacturers in the world," "alien dreadnought" and that the recent announcement of the Y being on a new platform are so so fascinating. Plus whatever Elon meant about how the factory software will be impossible for the competitors to copy.

These may lead to huge advantages in margin, which will mean more cash flow for investment into new products and factories at scale that others are unable to keep up with.

Much of this will become apparent with the launch of the Model Y. Next 24 months are going to be very interesting.

Please look at this in my signature:

@MitchJi - I'm happy for you that you have the option to invest your millions and share your wisdom for free. Some of us don't have that luxury, yet. There will be a time for me to pay it forward as well, as I always have done with other things in my life through my volunteer work, but this is not the time for this specific effort to be free right now.

Bearish: Discussion of permanent throttling of SC electric delivery rates on TMC, picked up and quoted by Forbes.
It really should be bullish. Tesla has designed the chemistry in their batteries and the software that controls the car and charging so well that they were actually looking out for the customer day one. It's brilliant, the engineers are brilliant. It's a selling point - never have to worry about damaging your battery - we'll take care of that for you and make sure it doesn't happen :)

Unlike Nissan who shot itself in the foot when the LEAF first came out with their no-BMS, outside air batteries.

Last edited:
I think that the probability Elon's market cap projection is also dependent on the number and speed of competitive entry. At this point we still see only limited competition (LG, BYD) in battery production and only one serious EV competitor (BYD in China). The Volt, Leaf and i3 are basically compliance cars with GM, Nissan and BMW failing to commit to follow-on vehicles.

For some reason many of the investor types fail to see that EV batteries are not available at the scale needed for significant market share and that the announced production investment is also minimal compared to global auto production.

China's push into EVs will change this equation. Potentially Korean commitment as well. But both are probably 5+ years to see any real impact to Tesla's US or EU markets.

What is the big unknown (to us, maybe not Tesla) is how much auto production can be improved via clean sheet design combined with a robotic factory optimized for production. This is why I find Elon's comments about "the product is the factory," "we want to be the best manufacturers in the world," "alien dreadnought" and that the recent announcement of the Y being on a new platform are so so fascinating. Plus whatever Elon meant about how the factory software will be impossible for the competitors to copy.

These may lead to huge advantages in margin, which will mean more cash flow for investment into new products and factories at scale that others are unable to keep up with.

Much of this will become apparent with the launch of the Model Y. Next 24 months are going to be very interesting.

The model 3 being successful and almost more importantly, successful with good gross margins of 20% minimum, will open Pandora's box for EV. 100,000 lux EVs is impressive but being able to pump out a million+ FSD cars a year changes the the way the average Joe thinks about cars.

I'm am almost certain the GF 3/4 will take raw materials and recycling in one side and cars, batteries and panels out the other side. I have quipped that they will need to call them Terafactories because if the combine volume, of course they would have to round up to get to 1,000 GW/year.

@MitchJi - I'm happy for you that you have the option to invest your millions and share your wisdom for free. Some of us don't have that luxury, yet. There will be a time for me to pay it forward as well, as I always have done with other things in my life through my volunteer work, but this is not the time for this specific effort to be free right now.
@ValueAnalyst ,
I don't think anyone here is looking for a free signp of your 'premium' service. I, for example, simply do not see any value in it, even if it is free. Just my opinion.

No one is asking you to contribute here either, but you are welcome to do so if you want. What is annoying is your incessant peddling.

This needs to be unpacked a little.
Neither AES or Greensmith produce their own batteries as far as I can tell.
When you get right down to it, this list could basically boil down to Samsung, LG Chem or Tesla.
It may be more about more than just the lowest cell price, including such things as system integration capabilities, product performance track records, and continuing technical support [not to mention possible local political connections].
Navigant Research Leaderboard Report: Utility-Scale Energy Storage Systems Integrators

Reactions: neroden
IMG_0135.PNG
IMG_0134.PNG
So does the climb back to ATH continue on Monday or do we just hang on where we are at or do the shorts drive things lower? Any clairvoyants channeling TSLA? Or is everybody busy today?
Only because you asked and I'm tired of dudes like value.... attempting to take over this thread:
Prognosis for Tesla stock at this point is really good
Take a look at the current chart
Now compare this to this QCOM chart from 1999
Do you see any similarities?
If so, good because look at my next post

IMG_0136.PNG

Now I'm not simpleton enough to suggest that this is exactly what is happening to TSLA next week but my point is that whenever you see bullish thrusting patterns like this means bears lost the battle temporarily and bulls are about to take over
And for those delighting about my shirt and my option losses....
See you at $500 later this year

Last edited:
Of course, one has to take Navigant's terrible record into account too.

Which is a prime example of "professional" analysis providing poor results. I for one am not much concerned that some research firms may have better information than we do, historically we collectively know more than most, or even if we don't we seem to reach better conclusions. I can't count the number of times someone quoted me an estimate of Tesla's battery costs based on some professional research which were far above what we figured out they were likely to be and where they were heading. Because of my experience following Tesla so closely for so long I doubt I'd ever pay for research on any company.

It's against the TOS to solicit any kind of outside "service" on TMC.

n. to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors without permission from a TMC Administrator. This includes but is not limited to direct posts, Private Messages (PMs), as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet. Direct all such requests via e-mail to a TMC Board Administrator.

Terms of Service

I didn't say I do great research. I said great research requires a lot of time and travel, so the only way for me to do great research is for enough people to sign up for the service, so that I can do the great research that is available to everyone, which would balance the playing field for retail investors, and even potentially decrease the influence shorts have on the stock.

So many here complain that they do not have the same access to great research that institutional investors do, but they do not want to pay even 1/1000th of what institutional investors pay. I find that... ironic.

This is clearly a lost cause. I'll scale back my posts to 1/1000th, not post any articles, and use the forum for sentiment analysis.

And y'all can keep complaining about the information disparity between the institutional vs. retail investors...

My only other advice is leave the link to your subscription site in your signature only. Pretend it doesn't even exist in your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.