Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder to everyone:

TSLA is likely to be very volatile this week.

You are hereby warned.

Instead of stating the obvious, why don't you try to provide us with some useful information. Then maybe we would consider paying you to do so.

For instance, instead of constantly posting blindly positive garbage, Can you find out

What time is Einhorn speaking at Sohn today?

Is it focused on Tesla?

Einhorn may be wrong on Tesla, but he should be taken seriously as a threat to ST share price. If he is speaking today, it would be helpful to know when.

I already know Tesla will be volatile this week. It is volatile every week.

Instead of stating the obvious, why don't you try to provide us with some useful information. Then maybe we would consider paying you to do so.

For instance, instead of constantly posting blindly positive garbage, Can you find out

Is it focused on Tesla?

First, it's Einhorn, not Eindhorn.

Second, what time Einhorn is speaking is not material to the long-term intrinsic value of Tesla, which is my focus. So, no. I just wanted to let people here know what's on the docket for today so that they don't freak out if there is some volatility.

Third, here is a book I would highly recommend for you.

Is it focused on Tesla?

Einhorn may be wrong on Tesla, but he should be taken seriously as a threat to ST share price. If he is speaking today, it would be helpful to know when.

Here ya go: Einhorn Amps Up the Pressure on Tesla and GM

PM me and I'll give you an address where you can send me the check for my research.

Reminder to everyone:

At some point this week (maybe today?) Einhorn will be presenting at the SOHN conference, and he is short TSLA.

There's a good chance that he will be talking up his short even though this would be a very risky move for him as TSLA may also squeeze shorts the same week he presents a short thesis, especially after some of the related but indirect news that came out last night.

TSLA is likely to be very volatile this week.

You are hereby warned.

Hedge fund manager David Einhorn is scheduled to speak at the SOHN Conference this afternoon from 3:30 EDT until 3:50 EDT LIVE: Sohn Conference 2017 - Ackman, Gundlach, Robbin, Einhorn, etc.

Anticipation that he will speak negatively of TSLA to support his short position could provide an explanation for today’s little dip. This is a hedge fund conference. Unlike more typical funds, they are authorized to short stocks. Hence many of them are short TSLA, and some of the other speakers may also be dissing TSLA. This might result in a setup reminiscent of the Spiegel Bottom around the time of another hedge fund conference in November. It’s non-hedge funds that are heavily long TSLA.

Just to clarify - As I said earlier today, there's a good chance Einhorn may talk up his TSLA short today, but it is less than likely that Einhorn will be talking about Tesla. It is a stock that has already been widely discussed, presented already at last year's conference, so even though there is a good chance, it is not likely that Einhorn will be talking about Tesla. I already added more shares to my long-term holding this morning, and we'll see in about an hour what Einhorn will be presenting...

First, it's Einhorn, not Eindhorn.

Second, what time Einhorn is speaking is not material to the long-term intrinsic value of Tesla, which is my focus. So, no. I just wanted to let people here know what's on the docket for today so that they don't freak out if there is some volatility.

Third, here is a book I would highly recommend for you.

Have you watched Einhorn's 2008 discussions on Lehman before it collapsed? He nailed it short term, and there was no long term.

I'm glad you are positive Tesla. Almost all of us on this board believe strongly that Tesla could appreciate massively in the long term. Like 10x or more if things go well. We wouldn't be on this board every day if we didn't believe it down to our core. You could be helpful in providing us with detailed information that supports or refutes our thesis.

Just throwing out examples:

Can you find out more about Li, Co, Ni supplies? Who will be our suppliers? Which ones are established? Which ones are new? Are they in the US, Canada, or elsewhere? How are their ramps going? Can you talk to the management of these mining companies?

Can you get any more information about the 2170 batteries? Can they accept faster charge rates as has been alluded to? Are the superchargers capable of providing higher charge rates up to 350KW? When will the 2170s go into the S and X? How much will that improve margins?

Can you get a grip on what Model S order rates are right now?

When will we find out about the TE bid for Australia? What if any is our cost advantage over Samsung and LG.

When does the Buffalo plant look like right now? How much machinery have they installed?

This is the type of information I would subscribe for.

I have millions riding on this stock, so maybe it has affected my emotional intelligence.

Good morning; it's your local military tactician.

Bottom Line ~ Fossil Fuels have been waging war against any energy source not oil based. Since Tesla and Elon are high profile, they are high profile targets and shorts, bears or paid village idiots have deliberately attacked; viciously attacked Tesla and Elon. Because addicts will continue to attack even at their own demise, they will keep up the attack until they eventually kill themselves off. Have you paid attention to the oil market lately? Are you watching Saudi's? How about the Russians? The crescendo (introduction of the M3 & alternative fuels) has been building for years now, and the tipping point, for alternative energy is not far off where they will take the lead in the market. Most of us here already agree that Tesla/SolarCity is well positioned; but the field is not deep which is where Elon talked about and invited competition. That void will potentially be forced on Tesla and the "Johnny Come Lately." Yes, one or two other auto companies have gotten their feet wet, but have failed to jump in and get their balls wet. Tesla is the only one manufacturing/installing SuperChargers, and Tesla is the only one building gigafactories for batteries and solar roofs. Having a vision and working towards that vision is Outstanding, but even better when that vision is a better place for you.

Apple could poop out an iCar; but by keeping silent about it they have allowed Tesla to become the Icon (humor here folks) of choice. Apple has boxed itself into the phone marketo_O They could have jumped into the car operating system market, but they did not (not that I am aware ~ which is fine, I am not perfect ~ just ask my wife). They could have bought Tesla out, but they have not and it appears they have yet to talk to Elon about it based on the 1Q17 discussion. The "i" image will carry some weight if they come out with a car, but it will have to be absolutely perfect in every conceivable way or face significant iWinds.

Despite the enemies calling Tesla and Elon a Fraud, Tesla and Elon have risen to every occasion with dignity and honor. Yes, you are right, Tesla almost had to close its doors 2012/2013, but we the people said wait a minute, we aren't fish ~ reference to kids song that my granddaughter loves. Since I own stock and an MX I have a lot to lose here; and would be very pissed if I lose, but then any soldier worth their salt that dies in battle is pissed off or on, don't not remember which:p

All this crap is from my daydreams and experience over the many years; therefore, it is not sound stock advice nor is it a religious experience, IMHO:eek: The only other stock I invest in is food based, and organic. It is fighting for its life with many of the same kinds of battles.

Have you watched Einhorn's 2008 discussions on Lehman before it collapsed? He nailed it short term, and there was no long term.

I'm glad you are positive Tesla. Almost all of us on this board believe strongly that Tesla could appreciate massively in the long term. Like 10x or more if things go well. We wouldn't be on this board every day if we didn't believe it down to our core. You could be helpful in providing us with detailed information that supports or refutes our thesis.

Just throwing out examples:

Can you find out more about Li, Co, Ni supplies? Who will be our suppliers? Which ones are established? Which ones are new? Are they in the US, Canada, or elsewhere? How are their ramps going? Can you talk to the management of these mining companies?

Can you get any more information about the 2170 batteries? Can they accept faster charge rates as has been alluded to? Are the superchargers capable of providing higher charge rates up to 350KW? When will the 2170s go into the S and X? How much will that improve margins?

Can you get a grip on what Model S order rates are right now?

When will we find out about the TE bid for Australia? What if any is our cost advantage over Samsung and LG.

When does the Buffalo plant look like right now? How much machinery have they installed?

This is the type of information I would subscribe for.

I have millions riding on this stock, so maybe it has affected my emotional intelligence.

I agree with you that is where I would like to take this service, and even further.

At this time, however, not nearly enough people have signed up for me to allocate the time that answering your questions would take.

(Also, I don't believe some of the questions are applicable to the long-term intrinsic value of TSLA - for example, the order rate for the Model S. The Model 3/Y/Semi/truck, mobility-as-a-service, trucking matter a lot more).

Currently, the service is more focused on summarizing my notes on SEC filings, interpreting news/earnings commentary, sharing strategic thoughts on long-term competitive advantages (as can be seen in some of my publicly available articles), and sharing the major components of my discounted cash flow analysis.

I agree with you that this is not yet great proprietary research, and I don't want to mislead anyone thinking about signing up, but I think it is acceptable information for the amount the service costs (as opposed to tens of thousands that institutional investors pay), and my aspiration is to take this service in the direction you suggested, as more sign up. It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.