Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the Fidelity availability data and the chart, it seems that we've got some covering going on:

snap1.png

Look at that chart! perfect head fake and dump out of the channel -
View attachment 225624
and now look at this chart!

View attachment 225626
Dec 5 trendline is finally gone... that's what you would've got with beat and maybe sanity during a conference call...

next stop 270.

Well... something was perfect... and something was fake... indeed...

Any predictions on "next stop"?

So... Did you cover your perfect $326 short yet? Time is running out...

Insert your favorite video of maniacal laughter here...

this is what everyone says, "oh i'm too small too matter."

you are not too small. they will steal every dollar they can from your pocket, even if it's only a fin. and definitely the combination of you + 1000 other retail traders is not too small.

and, it's not just pennies at the fringes. effectively what they do is they force you to pay up to get in, unless of course it will be to your disadvantage to get in. if you were forced to pay up to get in, the cost of that is surely not "pennies at the fringes." plus, probably at least a dozen other traders had to do the same. and there's your short term top.

meanwhile if you were actually able to buy on your bid, you can virtually guarantee that the only reason they allowed you to get filled is because the price was headed even lower. and once again you experience adverse price movement right after your fill.

if you want to have fun, request the 606 report for your account. you'll get to see which crooks handled your orders. some firms will even tell you how much they got paid to send your order to that particular crook.

(b) Customer requests for information on order routing. (1) Every broker or dealer shall, on request of a customer, disclose to its customer the identity of the venue to which the customer's orders were routed for execution in the six months prior to the request, whether the orders were directed orders or non-directed orders, and the time of the transactions, if any, that resulted from such orders.
the only way to avoid this problem is to get a broker that has agency-only execution options. even the "directed order routes" have been corrupted at most firms - the directed order is sent to a market maker with an instruction to put on that exchange, vs. actually going on the exchange without revealing anything else to a middleman.

good luck.

I mean sure, there's an element of that. But most retail investors are small enough fish that I can't believe this would account for much of the effect I'm seeing. That type of action is all about shaving pennies at the fringes - its a problem, but in a volatile stock like TSLA the net effect of it gets lost in the noise.

I'm talking about things like yesterday I made a buy around 10am. That turned out to be among the worst points in the day I could have made a buy.

The other poster that suggested negativity bias? Yeah, probably. There've been a few instances where I made a buy seconds before things went vertical. Sure feels like I lose more often than I win in the first hour after changing my position, though.

This is for the dude who's peddling his or her "subscription service "
Most of us TSLA investors holding big positions will make more money in a single day today than you'll make in 10 years peddling your subscription services
So listen to Dave T and leave this thread alone for serious investors and traders

You have no clue how much I invest. Unlike your wise butt, I don't advertise position levels, strike prices, expiration dates. How smart do you need to be to show your hand....

Keep in mind: every dollar you lose gambling in weekly OTM options is a dollar used shorting this stock.

Last edited:
Way over valued for the iPhone 8 hype.

Yeah, I really don't get the ongoing investment in Apple. Don't get me wrong, I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro while checking the SP on my Apple watch and listening to some good Prog Metal on my iP7 with Air Pods, so I certainly like their products. But I just don't see much of a future for them.

Yeah, I really don't get the ongoing investment in Apple. Don't get me wrong, I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro while checking the SP on my Apple watch and listening to some good Prog Metal on my iP7 with Air Pods, so I certainly like their products. But I just don't see much of a future for them.

I don't think it's getting much news, but Apple is apparently making a big augmented reality play. There are huge possibilities over a wide range of industries. Whoever can crack AR, it would dovetail nicely with Neuralink (written as my MacBook Pro constantly tries to autocorrect...neural ink != Neuralink :mad:).

Status
Not open for further replies.