Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 P100D Right Fog Light Out Common Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I was just wondering if this is common that they go out like that?

Not sure if that affects the fog light, but some of my LEDs strip on the right headlights (passenger) are out.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 12.24.48 PM.png

The LED strip yellowing/going out starting at the inside corner is a well known failure mode ever since the Model S refresh in Apr/May 2016. Here's a long (37 pages and counting) thread you can review if you wish.

Upvote 0
The LED strip yellowing/going out starting at the inside corner is a well known failure mode ever since the Model S refresh in Apr/May 2016. Here's a long (37 pages and counting) thread you can review if you wish.

Yes I know about that. I was talking about the fog lights.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I was just wondering if this is common that they go out like that?

Not sure if that affects the fog light, but some of my LEDs strip on the right headlights (passenger) are out.

View attachment 985856
Of course it's got nothing to do with the fog lights, the FL's turn on by themselves and it's a common issue to have the facelift lights fail like this, Either turning yellow or failing in segments which i can obviously tell has both things have happend to your headlight, They are a pricey to get replaced.

Upvote 0