Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 p100d test drive found 800wh/mile ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Been looking for good MX, found a cheap one: 2017 P100D, 22inch wheel. During test drive I find last 30mile drive average 800wh/mile.. I was expecting 300-400, is it normal? Looking for your advice on MX gurus here. Should I buy it or skip it?

It’s low mileage fsd 6seater: all other things good.

In ludicrous mode with you racing that vehicle all over the place, I could easily see 800. If you were just driving at highway speed without air-conditioning, and without heat, that would be abnormal. If the temperature outside was below 55°F, some of the energy loss would be for heating of the lithium battery cells.

In my 2017 P100D with 22" wheels it reads 400 Wh/mile in the summer months. In the winter it reads more, but I track every charge and every KhW that goes into my car and I have a spreadsheet. In real terms, I am getting a net of 523 wh/mile or using 1.91 miles per kWh. I have logged 35,423 miles in it. I do some highway and mostly suburban driving.

Attachments

• tesla log.jpg
    tesla log.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Thanks guys, I can’t remember the exact car mode. It could be driving at ludicrous mode all time.
It was good and love the ludicrous mode.For standard mode, felt a little bit noisy and bumpy than similar 100D.

MX 2017
P100D 55k: asking 46k, mcu 2, upgraded.
100D 66k: asking 42K, mcu 1, ap 2.0
Both single owner.

Still undecided which one to take.. both felt good. I ain’t fast car guy but love it sometimes lol. What u guys suggest?

Okay, I don’t know man! Let me ask again.

there are some dents here and there. Falcon Door seems to not opening in 100D test drive. It’s saying obstacle on the side. But there is nothing there. Force open, it opened a little bit.

Are these dents normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1997.jpeg
    IMG_1997.jpeg
    735.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    632.6 KB · Views: 25
Okay, I don’t know man! Let me ask again.

there are some dents here and there. Falcon Door seems to not opening in 100D test drive. It’s saying obstacle on the side. But there is nothing there. Force open, it opened a little bit.

Are these dents normal?
On the Falcon doors, do the doors show a grey or red line on screen like the pictures I attached? If so, it’s probably the radar sensors on the Falcon door that prevent it from hitting things. It’s a complicated repair and can cost 2k-3k to repair and Tesla has to do it because of the calibration. I had mine fixed under warranty and even to this day, if my left door sits in direct sunlight it’ll still error out until I get it out of direct sunlight.

I would probably have the dealer fix it as part of the purchase or move to a different one. I would also see about the dealer leaving any prospective vehicle out in the direct sunlight if possible to see it the vehicle has this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpeg
    IMG_1569.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1577.jpeg
    IMG_1577.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 23
Yeah, red line just like the above pic attached. It was in shade, not sure why it was showing obstacle there. Probably software bug.
I think I shall go with p100d or better one. Not this 100D.
I would totally go with the P100D. The door on the 100d needs to be fixed and that’s probably at least $1,500 or more. Definitely not a software bug, a sensor issue. It’s a common problem. Good luck with your purchase.

Reactions: mggg