Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#Deep Breath... I guess I am getting my introduction to Tesla. The honeymoon is over
After getting everything ready and a scheduled delivery for 10am Monday, as i was cleaning out the garage, I got a call from a rep at Tesla. And he is telling me my car got damaged in transport. They can't fix it and give me as new, so right now he is looking at inventory for something similar that meets our specs, or we might have to do an expedited delivery. Another downside is, the New cream seats we ordered are not readily available in inventory, and I don't want the black leather. I am disappointed, but I also understand these things happen. Would have just rather it didn't happen to me. Now it seems I might be resetting my timelines all over again. Also, the car it is replacing is gone, and I am now carless.

I feel your pain... I had a delivery date of 9/18, but got news on 9/13 that my X was damaged in transport. I may have to reorder too...

Taking delivery of a 75D X next Saturday with a VIN 667**

Does this mean I have the new speed upgrade/APH3/bundled PUP/new drive unit etc???
All depends on production date... If you don’t know it already (was this custom order?) you can check the sticker to see when it was made.

Anything after August 21 will have the ‘AP2.5’. I believe the 75 hardware (drive unit/speed) was earlier in the summer.. July? The View Spec list should include the PUP details (if it includes Cold, Sound upgrade, then it’s the new PUP).

Thanks, I am definitely not going to settle. But what a curve! still not sure how we are proceeding. Waiting another 7-8weeks is something i can't even muster the courage to think about right now. it was a loooong 7 weeks.
There are sometimes orders that are cancelled, so you might luck out and take one order... that’s one advantage to the new streamlined order process, not as many options to get one that is the same as what you want (color/interior/seat count/wheels/PUP, rest is software!).

All depends on production date... If you don’t know it already (was this custom order?) you can check the sticker to see when it was made.

Anything after August 21 will have the ‘AP2.5’. I believe the 75 hardware (drive unit/speed) was earlier in the summer.. July? The View Spec list should include the PUP details (if it includes Cold, Sound upgrade, then it’s the new PUP).

Production was last week. Delivery is next Saturday. Am i good?
Where can I view AP2.5?

Production was last week. Delivery is next Saturday. Am i good?
Where can I view AP2.5?
It's been in this thread a dozen times. :D Click on the View Spec link in My Tesla, copy that URL to a text editor.... you will have the AP3 option code in there.

But it doesn't matter if it is there or not, EVERY S and X made after August 21 has the new hardware, there's only one assembly line. Mine was made September 3 or so, and it has it.

If yours is that new, it has everything you mentioned. All those items transitioned from a month ago to early in the summer.

It's been in this thread a dozen times. :D Click on the View Spec link in My Tesla, copy that URL to a text editor.... you will have the AP3 option code in there.

But it doesn't matter if it is there or not, EVERY S and X made after August 21 has the new hardware, there's only one assembly line. Mine was made September 3 or so, and it has it.

If yours is that new, it has everything you mentioned. All those items transitioned from a month ago to early in the summer.

Thanks for the help but where do I find a text editor?

So, to close the loop on my delivery saga, I finally did have it Saturday. I’ll post more when I have a chance to take pictures (did not even get a chance to do any at the SC!). Car is now going to Exotic to be wrapped so will definitely post some pics of that on return!

Tyson’s was slammed catching up from the delays. It appears a lot of cars were hung up coming across the country the last week or so, some in Chicago, some in Alabama. I was there at 4:00 and I think they had three deliveries for that slot.

Anyway, delivery was flawless, relatively. I used the checklist and the only issue was the chargeport door wouldn’t close all the way all the time. DS got a tech who was in the next delivery bay and they fixed it in a few minutes.

The only item of note (and I’ll post in that thread also) is that the disappearance of the cell phone dock from the PUP appears to be true. My DS who had told me I would get one gave me one because of that conversation, but I had to bring it up. They have had guidance from Palo Alto that it’s not included in the PUP as it (doesn’t) say on the PUP listing. There is still confusion because the accessory post does say it’s included!

On the general delivery experience, I posted in another thread (Delivery Fail) how unfortunate it is that things are so variable. We go in expecting disaster and usually it’s wondefil except when it’s not. They really have to fix this. I hope the 3’s assembly line differences do make a difference but the more hand-built S and X needs some attention as that thread attests.

Model X Delivery #failure #day1

Last edited:
Reactions: rreedd
So, to close the loop on my delivery saga, I finally did have it Saturday. I’ll post more when I have a chance to take pictures (did not even get a chance to do any at the SC!). Car is now going to Exotic to be wrapped so will definitely post some pics of that on return!

Tyson’s was slammed catching up from the delays. It appears a lot of cars were hung up coming across the country the last week or so, some in Chicago, some in Alabama. I was there at 4:00 and I think they had three deliveries for that slot.

Anyway, delivery was flawless, relatively. I used the checklist and the only issue was the chargeport door wouldn’t close all the way all the time. DS got a tech who was in the next delivery bay and they fixed it in a few minutes.

The only item of note (and I’ll post in that thread also) is that the disappearance of the cell phone dock from the PUP appears to be true. My DS who had told me I would get one gave me one because of that conversation, but I had to bring it up. They have had guidance from Palo Alto that it’s not included in the PUP as it (doesn’t) say on the PUP listing. There is still confusion because the accessory post does say it’s included!

On the general delivery experience, I posted in another thread (Delivery Fail) how unfortunate it is that things are so variable. We go in expecting disaster and usually it’s wondefil except when it’s not. They really have to fix this. I hope the 3’s assembly line differences do make a difference but the more hand-built S and X needs some attention as that thread attests.

I asked my DS about the phone dock with the PUP the other day as well and she said it is included. I take delivery of my X tomorrow, so we'll see if it is there or not. Fingers crossed everything goes well!

If the Phone dock is the same as I had on last years S, it doesn't work that well, and then it broke. Don't miss it.

Took delivery today! :D MX75D, PUP, EAP, Bay Area

Final timing dates:
- VIN date: 8/20
- Start production: 9/12
- End production: 9/22
- Delivery: 9/25

Delivery was pretty much flawless, used the checklist @jnuyens created and didn't have any of the issues that have been recently reported. Got 2 FOBs, AC worked, etc.

Reactions: boaterva

Here is my favorite of the ones we took today after it's first drive over the Golden Gate Bridge. Gotta say that windshield made that a completely new experience!

Attachments

• IMG_3324.jpg
    IMG_3324.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Bonlaw