Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.14.13 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
My Model 3 just notified me about a new update as I was driving home from work. Installed when I got home and it’s version 2018.14.13 9e3b7ff. This is the update with the new chill acceleration option. I still find it ridiculous that the car won’t tell you which version it is or what features it contains until after the update has installed, but whatever.

I wonder how long this pace of new software updates will continue. I got my Model 3 exactly 3 weeks ago today and this is now the third software update I’ve installed on it, haha :D

Still patiently waiting on Wi-Fi and Summon...

My Model 3 just notified me about a new update as I was driving home from work. Installed when I got home and it’s version 2018.14.13 9e3b7ff. This is the update with the new chill acceleration option. I still find it ridiculous that the car won’t tell you which version it is or what features it contains until after the update has installed, but whatever.

I wonder how long this pace of new software updates will continue. I got my Model 3 exactly 3 weeks ago today and this is now the third software update I’ve installed on it, haha :D

Still patiently waiting on Wi-Fi and Summon...
So what is new?

So what is new?

The only change from 12.1 in the release notes is the addition of the chill mode for acceleration. Enabling that makes acceleration more gradual and smooth. I will not be using this until I start putting a baby car seat in the back, heh.

I’m not sure on the exact version number that chill mode was released with. I think I saw mention of 14.1 somewhere so if that’s accurate then the 14.13 version I just installed likely includes additional bug fixes. Anyone else install 2018.14.13 or on a slight different version number for 2018.14.x?

Reactions: dhrivnak
The only change from 12.1 in the release notes is the addition of the chill mode for acceleration. Enabling that makes acceleration more gradual and smooth. I will not be using this until I start putting a baby car seat in the back, heh.

I’m not sure on the exact version number that chill mode was released with. I think I saw mention of 14.1 somewhere so if that’s accurate then the 14.13 version I just installed likely includes additional bug fixes. Anyone else install 2018.14.13 or on a slight different version number for 2018.14.x?
Got 14.13 on both of my model 3’s today. Seems like they do updates by account (since the last two updates I’ve gotten the updates hours apart from each other). Hoping to see my model X get updated today as well if thatis the case

I did notice something different on a drive just a short while ago. I engaged autopilot on a 45mph road and it wouldn’t let me increase the cruise speed beyond 50mph. I took a shot of the message that it displayed when I tried to increase it to 55. Not sure if this is something new or not as I don’t recall using autopilot previously on that particular road. Hopefully this is just a local road restriction and doesn’t affect highways.

AED35E89-5685-459D-9FE1-78635FD16311.jpeg

Is it accurate to say that not all Model 3s receive software updates at the same time? This is the second time now that I've heard about an update online from multiple sources without having seen it come across my account.

correct. generally most software companies do rolling updates, mainly to prevent a missed catastrophic bug from affecting the entire user base. Also, given that the firmware itself is quite large, you don't really want every user/car to be downloading it at once. Even if the ISPs can handle it, it's just good etiquette not to cause a data spike.

I find that if I'm just zen about updates and let them come when they come, instead of expecting it the instant someone reports it on a forum, I'm much happier :)

Hard when it's a major update, like EAP getting 69x better than before.

I did notice something different on a drive just a short while ago. I engaged autopilot on a 45mph road and it wouldn’t let me increase the cruise speed beyond 50mph. I took a shot of the message that it displayed when I tried to increase it to 55. Not sure if this is something new or not as I don’t recall using autopilot previously on that particular road. Hopefully this is just a local road restriction and doesn’t affect highways.

View attachment 295349
I thought auto steer speeds were limited to 5mph over the limit for local roads?

• Informative
Reactions: cizUK and Chewy3
The restrictions have come and gone and come again on my AP1 X, three times now. This time it changed with the map update—it is more about road classification than feature set. There are threads about it around here.

5aFmOqRP4yMP-OSW2tjlaKj5cWXElSF7LL4E-NadvWoqC3dZDj53srDL4cC_bOFq0iE551EXJnzVaz-IvHPI_Ae0nPvpXFD2JHmr4hFy2KeNTRFf4X5JUc2QIpP7QVifi6cuIe0mSpShIEH6MkuFoy79AVpEuy0qoR38CwFa4xz4BkEJVFGVjZFgyNtz7n8idhUl78hng7apXBRLL8VrQTZhWLf7FWNKCwkHNOVim0Y5iQnGWKVYPMFehAdZxRhZy91I8er4qQwrn8QDh0c92aPQEr2T7w0zz34NfLHNT3gKS6e5Syzq-xze9bUA5A8Kcna-fNh9J7cLpQdZ7ps2fbBcoLGAow4lAmAiX0DZbqeiMgbhlXEVDQY7gWlNytOzuviwntGRdEgDm9wekVklExWCsaJFDhuJOBrZMM05bUgkJPJv8trUSeZ4Ghw9bZQEsDbjrWy_nV-gEumpthyHj5nLLF6mpAuO8n_WovJQEHXFsL5549on8b0Ap-DPMlvwyPhUrbsdRPiABTJefbdVGTjlk9Jd1WakrXDo-gYTaAnrUmjSmfKDntHjB0-Ulrsxq0Qi3seZ5UeAAvRqDAtBhPhRB58GKXnbWy4dDUkc8FwZePhg_xvYeB4uYJaPXi4IR-y_YeCYBOSjHzZDhT5zkNVG_a5riW1Kig=w2048-h1536-no

those were the release notes for me. the "steering wheel button updates" and following were in the previous update. map traffic wasn't working on my ride home. hopefully just a blip. also my LTE has been taking a long time to regain a connection since the last update. hopefully will be better on this one.

5aFmOqRP4yMP-OSW2tjlaKj5cWXElSF7LL4E-NadvWoqC3dZDj53srDL4cC_bOFq0iE551EXJnzVaz-IvHPI_Ae0nPvpXFD2JHmr4hFy2KeNTRFf4X5JUc2QIpP7QVifi6cuIe0mSpShIEH6MkuFoy79AVpEuy0qoR38CwFa4xz4BkEJVFGVjZFgyNtz7n8idhUl78hng7apXBRLL8VrQTZhWLf7FWNKCwkHNOVim0Y5iQnGWKVYPMFehAdZxRhZy91I8er4qQwrn8QDh0c92aPQEr2T7w0zz34NfLHNT3gKS6e5Syzq-xze9bUA5A8Kcna-fNh9J7cLpQdZ7ps2fbBcoLGAow4lAmAiX0DZbqeiMgbhlXEVDQY7gWlNytOzuviwntGRdEgDm9wekVklExWCsaJFDhuJOBrZMM05bUgkJPJv8trUSeZ4Ghw9bZQEsDbjrWy_nV-gEumpthyHj5nLLF6mpAuO8n_WovJQEHXFsL5549on8b0Ap-DPMlvwyPhUrbsdRPiABTJefbdVGTjlk9Jd1WakrXDo-gYTaAnrUmjSmfKDntHjB0-Ulrsxq0Qi3seZ5UeAAvRqDAtBhPhRB58GKXnbWy4dDUkc8FwZePhg_xvYeB4uYJaPXi4IR-y_YeCYBOSjHzZDhT5zkNVG_a5riW1Kig=w2048-h1536-no

those were the release notes for me. the "steering wheel button updates" and following were in the previous update. map traffic wasn't working on my ride home. hopefully just a blip. also my LTE has been taking a long time to regain a connection since the last update. hopefully will be better on this one.

I should have taken a picture before I updated, but is accessing the owner's manual from the Tesla T also new?

+grumpymode: Chill mode only applies to the driver and, it can't be over-ridden with a flooring of the accelerator - Fortunately, I spec'd my Model 3 with the variable accelerator option so, if I want to drive gently, I just don't press it as much.

It does not apply to the impatient teenager that is the cruise control, nor does it allow me to use cruise control much - it still insists that I drive at 45mph in my local school zone when I engage it.

Here's a graph:

Me when I speed up.png