Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.24.1 Canadian Model 3.. No summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brutal! I was so excited for this update. Its perfect for my garage and my dog who needs a running start to jump in the back.

What is the law exactly? Im having a hard time finding this law on google.

I'm going to summon my MP and let them know how I feel about this...

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Canuck and TDog
Brutal! I was so excited for this update. Its perfect for my garage and my dog who needs a running start to jump in the back.

What is the law exactly? Im having a hard time finding this law on google.

I'm going to summon my MP and let them know how I feel about this...
From my understanding it has something to do with a immobilizer law.

Omg.. this phone as a key thing is really starting to piss me off.

It will work 100% as described for a day or two.. then its stops working.

It was pouring rain after work, run to my car.. door wont open. When this happens 90% of the time i just have to pull out my phone and unlock the phone... but then there are other times where im forced to use the key card..

So i had to put down what i was carrying on the wet ground, reach into my other pocket and pull out the card. I get i my car (finally) and then the car sees my phone... wtf!

Reactions: markol
Omg.. this phone as a key thing is really starting to piss me off.

It will work 100% as described for a day or two.. then its stops working.

It was pouring rain after work, run to my car.. door wont open. When this happens 90% of the time i just have to pull out my phone and unlock the phone... but then there are other times where im forced to use the key card..

So i had to put down what i was carrying on the wet ground, reach into my other pocket and pull out the card. I get i my car (finally) and then the car sees my phone... wtf!

This thread is focusing summon. Not phone as key.

This is pretty lame and a clear case of poor regulations. The spirit of the regulation is that a car is immobilized to prevent theft when the owner is no longer operating it. My car should certainly not become immobilized when I as the owner is in control of it. I think common sense would make this regulation very easy to update to satisfy its intended purpose which is anti theft. In the case of the 3 the phone is clearly the "fob" and and as long as it is capable of immobilizing based on proximity it should satisfy this regulation. The problem will be actually getting anyone to do anything about it. Tesla I suspect will not waste time trying to change Canadian regulations for this one feature, they simple have far more pressing issues. It will be up to Canadian owners to get the regulation amended, then I am sure Tesla will unlock the feature.

Reactions: Anto