Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S AutoPilot cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I know this has been discussed in the past, but Tesla keeps shifting prices. Want the latest info.

If I buy a used 2018 Model S, that does not have AutoPilot (or EAP) activated, what is the cost?

Last I heard a post-purchase price was $7,000. Also will I get AP or EAP?

That depends on where you get your used car: private, non-Tesla dealer, Tesla.

If you get from Tesla, it lists very clearly what you get:

1) No mention of Autopilot: you got none
2) Autopilot with convenience features: You got AP1
3) Autopilot: You got 2 functions: 1) TACC and 2) Autosteer within your own lane

Used car I'm considering is not from Tesla. 3rd party dealer.

I'm familiar with difference between AP1 & AP2. Vehicle is a 2018, so it's already got AP2.0 hardware installed.

Since I cannot log into the Tesla account holder site, I don't know upgrade price. I see from $5000-$7000 posted online. For that price will I get AP or EAP?

Anyone know?

Used car I'm considering is not from Tesla. 3rd party dealer.

I'm familiar with difference between AP1 & AP2. Vehicle is a 2018, so it's already got AP2.0 hardware installed.

Since I cannot log into the Tesla account holder site, I don't know upgrade price. I see from $5000-$7000 posted online. For that price will I get AP or EAP?

Anyone know?

There's a sale of $3,000 for those who have EAP and want to add FSD.

Otherwise:

Pre-delivery prices

EAP: $5,000

FSD: another $3,000 in addition to the above for a total of $8,000

Post-delivery prices prior to price changes:

EAP: $7,000
FSD: another $5,000 in addition to the above for a total of $12,000

I can't keep up of the price changes!

I'm not sure you can still even buy EAP. I am in the process of purchasing a new 2018 S direct from Tesla. It originally had EAP but they removed it so now it comes only with basic AP. I asked if it could be restored to EAP and was told NO, now all cars they offer direct are standardized to come with either AP or FSD. I could buy FSD for $6k. So purchasing EAP was not an option.

Barry L., if you want to know what the car currently has you might be able to call or walk into your local Tesla SC give them the last 6 of the VIN and see if they will tell you what the car has. If that doesn't work, I have a subscription to EV-CPO and if you'd like I can look on there and see if it has any info.

I'm not sure you can still even buy EAP. I am in the process of purchasing a new 2018 S direct from Tesla. It originally had EAP but they removed it so now it comes only with basic AP. I asked if it could be restored to EAP and was told NO, now all cars they offer direct are standardized to come with either AP or FSD. I could buy FSD for $6k. So purchasing EAP was not an option.

Barry L., if you want to know what the car currently has you might be able to call or walk into your local Tesla SC give them the last 6 of the VIN and see if they will tell you what the car has. If that doesn't work, I have a subscription to EV-CPO and if you'd like I can look on there and see if it has any info.

So Tesla is downgrading their AutoPilot offering on used vehicles, interesting. By downgrading to AP, buyer now has to pay $6k for FSD vs $3k if EAP is already purchased. Don't worry, it'll change again next week!

I called local Service Center, first person had no clue what I was talking about. Then was transferred to another's VM, of course no return call yet. I did check VIN on EVO-CPO, was blank.

Thanks for the replies.