Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S used after March or ...

Jojo8391

Oct 25, 2020
Milwaukee
Planning to buy Tesla model S from Tesla site: My options are
1. 2018 75D after March ( to get MCU 2): above $60-65K
2. 2017 75 D or 2018 75D before March: $50-60K
3. Pay the extra 20k, and get 2020 long range ( I just don’t like the tempest wheels)

also wife wants me to buy a used

Killerzeit

Oct 4, 2016
Los Angeles
If you're looking at 2017/2018s you're going to want a new car after doing all the math, taking into consideration the kind of warranty you get, etc.

If you want used, it's just a personal suggestion from me that you'd wanna go back farther than that - that is, if you just want a badass electric car but don't care about the suuuuper extra bells and whistles. 'Cause it's still got bells and whistles, for sure.

In late 2018 I purchased a 2015 with AP1 for a good deal that I'm still running into the ground. At that time, free charging and free data were still a thing so I'm grandfathered in. If not for those, trading up would be my next move and the new pricebook is very tempting.

Jojo8391

Oct 25, 2020
Milwaukee
If you're looking at 2017/2018s you're going to want a new car after doing all the math, taking into consideration the kind of warranty you get, etc.

If you want used, it's just a personal suggestion from me that you'd wanna go back farther than that - that is, if you just want a badass electric car but don't care about the suuuuper extra bells and whistles. 'Cause it's still got bells and whistles, for sure.

In late 2018 I purchased a 2015 with AP1 for a good deal that I'm still running into the ground. At that time, free charging and free data were still a thing so I'm grandfathered in. If not for those, trading up would be my next move and the new pricebook is very tempting.
I like the new design from 2017. But to buy from tesla, most are 45k-55k. And the warranty will be over in one year. So worried about that. That’s why I thought 2018 will have that extra one year warranty.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC