Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 P100D Ludicrous with FSD, 13.8k Miles, MCU 2, with pics!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. I've had a Tesla for about 4 years, over those 4 years Tesla found new and exciting ways to screw me over, and over, and over in a way that no other car company would ever do. This is on top of all the regular service/company related stuff that new/CPO Tesla buyers regularly go through. I have no time or energy to write all of it down.

2. As AMPd put it, Tesla is an awful company to deal with even in regular circumstances. Service times are extremely far out in a lot of places, and they started off many years ago by going out of their way to do a good job within the warranty, and giving you a Tesla loaner; to not even counting obvious stuff in the warranty (such as noises and creaks and such) and giving you a gas car as a loaner, to finally giving you no loaner and just stupid Uber credits. On top of that, scheduling service is a pain and it's almost impossible to talk to a real person.

3. The car's acceleration is extraordinary, and the technology is top notch, and those two things are huge, but that's where it ends. IDK what they're doing with EPA ratings but the 310 (I think?) mile rated P100D gets barely any more range than the 200 mile rated Taycan Turbo S. The car is well put together (finally) but it's not very comfortable and the ride is harsher and noisier than it needs to be. To hold me over I just got a regular Mercedes-Benz E class and it is MUCH more comfortable to drive, plus the interior looks nicer in my opinion.

4. I've really begun to hate Elon Musk this year after his reaction to COVID stuff and his latest crazy comments. I can imagine coming back at some point with the Roadster maybe, but for now, I've had too much. I'm going to go over to Porsche (probably Panamera rather than Taycan) where I have never been treated less than royally.

Yes, and with all of those non-EV choices that you've made, the world entire burns a bit more, and ALL FOR FREE (to you).

We and everyone's children will get to pay the price (burning planet, chronic tropical storms and hurricanes, and massive sea level rise, just to start).

Good on you for being so thoughtful and respectful of future generations; they're sure to appreciate it!

Two Antarctic glaciers are breaking up and it could have major consequences for sea level rise - CNN

Ice shelves propping up two major Antarctic glaciers are breaking up and it could have major consequences for sea level rise
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/helen-regan

Yes, and with all of those non-EV choices that you've made, the world entire burns a bit more, and ALL FOR FREE (to you).

We and everyone's children will get to pay the price (burning planet, chronic tropical storms and hurricanes, and massive sea level rise, just to start).

Good on you for being so thoughtful and respectful of future generations; they're sure to appreciate it!

Two Antarctic glaciers are breaking up and it could have major consequences for sea level rise - CNN

Ice shelves propping up two major Antarctic glaciers are breaking up and it could have major consequences for sea level rise
Off topic but what say you of rebuilt cars? ;)

Presently I am fortunate to have a good SC, but that can change.
They either give me a loaner or a rental.

Getting service with Tesla is definitely different, fill out the form in the app, and wait for an SMS in response some day closer to the appointment. If you can deal with that, and your service center is good, then it is a reasonable way of doing business.

In my opinion one of the ways Tesla service is actually good is that technicians aren't paid by the billed hour, but instead a salary (at least that is what they have told me). This limits the incentive to constantly overbill for work performed. Regular dealers constantly overbill for hours. It's funny what happens when you get quotes and then say "no I can do it faster myself", and then come back a few months later with the work completed. If you get the same service advisor they might start to give reasonable quotes!

I don't blame you for leaving, may your adventures in other vehicles be joyous!

Reactions: ElectricIAC

I’m leaving the Tesla family for a new M5, I think you’d like that car.
We should meet up at Harris Ranch someday and discuss it over a nice porterhouse, on me buddy.

1. I've had a Tesla for about 4 years, over those 4 years Tesla found new and exciting ways to screw me over, and over, and over in a way that no other car company would ever do. This is on top of all the regular service/company related stuff that new/CPO Tesla buyers regularly go through. I have no time or energy to write all of it down.

2. As AMPd put it, Tesla is an awful company to deal with even in regular circumstances. Service times are extremely far out in a lot of places, and they started off many years ago by going out of their way to do a good job within the warranty, and giving you a Tesla loaner; to not even counting obvious stuff in the warranty (such as noises and creaks and such) and giving you a gas car as a loaner, to finally giving you no loaner and just stupid Uber credits. On top of that, scheduling service is a pain and it's almost impossible to talk to a real person.

3. The car's acceleration is extraordinary, and the technology is top notch, and those two things are huge, but that's where it ends. IDK what they're doing with EPA ratings but the 310 (I think?) mile rated P100D gets barely any more range than the 200 mile rated Taycan Turbo S. The car is well put together (finally) but it's not very comfortable and the ride is harsher and noisier than it needs to be. To hold me over I just got a regular Mercedes-Benz E class and it is MUCH more comfortable to drive, plus the interior looks nicer in my opinion.

4. I've really begun to hate Elon Musk this year after his reaction to COVID stuff and his latest crazy comments. I can imagine coming back at some point with the Roadster maybe, but for now, I've had too much. I'm going to go over to Porsche (probably Panamera rather than Taycan) where I have never been treated less than royally.

...haha...I can't wait till my wife is over her honeymoon with this car...can't wait to get rid of mine too.

• Funny

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!!?!

• Love
It's gonna be really interesting when they have a $25k car and also a $250k car (new roadster) at the same time. Some of those rich people will hate the idea of mingling with the "poor folk"
Prob the same thing that happens when the guy with the brand new Alpina B7 comes in and sees a guy in a clapped out 325i next row over on the drive.

Except with Tesla both are subject to be shoved into the same clapped out S loaner locked in chill mode (if they’re lucky)

• Funny
Reactions: serendipitous
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!!?!

So writes, "IQless," rarely is there a more descriptive title for someone who makes such remarkable, "Don't give a damn" choices.

Sadly, because the planet is awash in millions (or billions?) just like "IQless," we (those that read, learn, think, and are smarter than a box of rocks) must step up and encourage more of our friends, family, and neighbors to step up and become part of the solution:

You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
--Eldridge Cleaver.

Our entire planet's future depends upon people that have the ability to think beyond grade school; let us not disappoint . . . .

So writes, "IQless," rarely is there a more descriptive title for someone who makes such remarkable, "Don't give a damn" choices.

Sadly, because the planet is awash in millions (or billions?) just like "IQless," we (those that read, learn, think, and are smarter than a box of rocks) must step up and encourage more of our friends, family, and neighbors to step up and become part of the solution:

You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem.
--Eldridge Cleaver.

Our entire planet's future depends upon people that have the ability to think beyond grade school; let us not disappoint . . . .
The arrogance that we can dramatically affect an entity (Earth) that could wipe humankind off its surface like a flea on the proverbial dog is staggering.

Ideals aside, I’m just here for the show.

It's gonna be really interesting when they have a $25k car and also a $250k car (new roadster) at the same time. Some of those rich people will hate the idea of mingling with the "poor folk"
When I moved from SoCal to Texas with my 2016 90D I was also worried about service. So far I had to have the 12v battery replaced- they came to my house for that. I had another 12 v battery needing replacing again the second time I wanted it done three days earlier so I just went to the servIce center and they did it right away. Another time I had to have the front tires replaced due to a nail- they came to my house and I got to keep my old tires since the nail wasn’t all the way through— I have never been able to keep the tires from any other center. I’m hoping they’ll make good swings. I live in Westlake Texas about 10 miles from Dfw and between three service centers.

I did not have any other service so far. I hope the service improves for everyone else, but our other cars have been MB and always charge an arm and a leg for each visit and needs frequent service visits including brakes on a a car with 20k miles! Brakes on our 90D still at 90%.

--Eldridge Cleaver.

Wow! You've figured out what my handle is! Thereby proving that while I might be iqless, you're quite iqful.

We make tons of choices every day that are not good for the planet. "Is this good for the planet" not the only question I pose to myself when deciding upon an action, though it's a parameter.

Tesla is a terrible company and has screwed me over many times, including that one time they owed me almost a hundred thousand dollars for MONTHS and I couldn't get in touch with ANYBODY there. They don't have the right to do that to me just because me leaving them would be 'bad for the planet'. That's abuse.

Are you spouting the same THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! to everybody who isn't a vegan, too?

Wow! You've figured out what my handle is! Thereby proving that while I might be iqless, you're quite iqful.

We make tons of choices every day that are not good for the planet. "Is this good for the planet" not the only question I pose to myself when deciding upon an action, though it's a parameter.

Tesla is a terrible company and has screwed me over many times, including that one time they owed me almost a hundred thousand dollars for MONTHS and I couldn't get in touch with ANYBODY there. They don't have the right to do that to me just because me leaving them would be 'bad for the planet'. That's abuse.

Are you spouting the same THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! to everybody who isn't a vegan, too?

Great response. But as my grandfather used to say "empty barrels make the most noise". Just ignore him, maybe he will take his soapbox with him and move on.

Reactions: Wyomingtim