Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Red LR RWD w/ EAP - 5,2xx miles

Private Party Pricing

• $46,000 - $48,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $50,000 - $52,000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Forum Folks,

I’m in the OC and need your suggestions on private sale pricing.

I have a Red LR RWD EAP Aeros w/ full frontal Xpel and tint all around.

Tesla trade-in is $42,100 and Carvana was offering $45,000 a few weeks ago. I’m asking Carvana for an update and submitted a request to Vroom. KBB private is $48,000 - $52,000.

How much would you guys list it?

Thanks

Brand new right now (off menu for LR RWD) would be $49k + $2.5k MC red + $5k EAP = $56.5k

In California, -$7.5k federal - $2.5k state - $800 PG&E

= $45700 and that’s before factoring age and mileage. You won’t get sales tax back and you won’t get much for the Xpel and tint.

Honestly, I’d take the Carvana offer if you just want to be done with it. Otherwise wait a few days til the tax credit expires and it might be more compelling in the $45k-$50k range.

I would think so. It’s hard to say if it would get the full $3k. It would almost seem odd that without EAP at the full $5k, my trade is $37,100 (basically SR pricing).

FYI, KBB didn’t list FSD as an option.

Hi David,

Thanks for that extra data point. Vroom came back with $42,000. I’m still waiting on Carvana for the updated quote, but I suspect it will be similar. Looks likely that I will be content in staying in LR RWD mode.

I say trade in that LR RWD and get a demo P3D+. YOLO right?

Factor in the $10k from tax credits/rebates you’re not losing that much.

What really hurts is the double sales tax that you will pay. Chalk that up to an expensive life lesson

I’ve read a few threads on people wanting to trade up for RWD to P3D. It’s very enticing because for a little more you get a lot more performance.