Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD, Long Range, Enhanced AP - For Sale 6k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just trying to make sure I understand this. I think there are three price comparisons:

You’re valuing the additional capabilities of EAP (vs the current AP included with new cars) at $4k based on your ‘$2k discount from FSD’ above. From this article (Tesla (Enhanced) Autopilot vs. Full Self-Driving: What's the difference now?) those additional capabilities are (1) auto lane change (2) autopark (3) summon (4) navigate on autopilot. That gets to the $50,100 new car price you have above. If we include the additional PA sales tax on this just-for-illustration EAP new car (on $53.9k vs. $47k) that adds $414 to the new car so call $50,500 the new car comparison price. So at $47k you’re giving a $3.5k discount for 6k miles of depreciation, 6 months less warranty coverage, and having another owner in the vehicle history. Again, assuming the EAP extras are worth $4k to a buyer.

If they’re not, buy new and pay $49,900 + $1,200 - $3,750 - $1,250 = $46,100. Plus an additional $174 in PA sales tax (on $49.9k instead of $47k). So call $46,300 the new car comparison price, assuming fed and PA rebates.

And the last one (getting your car to FSD vs a new car with FSD) is what mswlogo posted. At $47k + $5k for FSD, your price is $100 less than a new car for a buyer who qualifies for the fed and PA incentives: $49,900 + $6,000 + $1,200 - $3,750 - $1,250 = $52,100. Include the additional $234 in PA sales tax (on $55.9k instead of $52k) and call it $52,350 vs. $52k for yours.

I’m using -$1,250 as the PA rebate as you did (since it’s taxable income). I don’t know if the $1,200 dest and doc fee is taxed; if it is add $72 (or $100 for easier math) to all the comparison prices. Did I mess up anywhere?

That's a lot of math, looks good but you're missing the home link, NEMA 14-50, missed opportunity of having money tied up for 12 months, and the people who simply can't front an extra $5,000 for a car, to get a rebate a year later...

The good news is 7/1/19 the comparison to new will change drastically, and the PA rebate is only good until they run out of money.
The bad news is I still don't have a VIN for my X.

You guys are hilarous, I even had a spectacular phone call over the weekend, with someone I think many of you would get along with. Well, I had several calls from interested buyers at the correct price point, but who wants to hear about someone buying a car, when we can discuss asinine propositions?

So, on another site I list that I'm buying a X to replace my 3. A dealer from Texas (I'm in PA) asks via email to talk to me, but doesn't actually ask any questions about the car (big red flag) He also has a FL phone number... not too odd, but okay.... His email comes from a car dealer that I google. The website is crap, the spelling/grammar/whole thing is beyond awful, but whatever. I call him, get a VM, and leave a message. He calls back, and gives me his whole freaking life story about how he played football or something then bought a car dealer or made a car dealer, (again who cares). Well, he just NEEDS to have a model 3, and happens to have TWO model X's for sale. I said 'not interested', and he called me rude! lol. me?! Well, duh. I have a car for sale and you ask WHY I'm not interested... I' don't have to explain my car buying decisions to someone trying to SELL ME A CAR from my CAR FOR SALE ad. I said I was a busy guy and asked if he wanted the car or not. He hung up. That bastard...lol

Anyway, I thought it was funny.

In boring news, I did have multiple conversations with people looking to buy a Model 3, and are looking at options. Like I said, I'll adjust the price based on the market and timing, but the offers asking for 17% off are amusing. Keep them coming! :)

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I will offer $39,500. I included a $500 discount for the displeasure of dealing with you.

Cool Story Troll. 18 posts and they are all negative on cars for sale. Blocked.
Troll.png

Mods on this forum are a joke, by allowing these type of price discussions and bashing the seller, smh...

Well, look at it the other way too. It gets to this when a seller wants to get the absolute maximum value out of his used car. I'm not saying this is wrong but when it's this close to a new car price, it makes very little sense to pursue. I usually avoid these types and all is good. Just wait and look around. More and more used Model 3s will hit the market at more realistic pricing...

Well, look at it the other way too. It gets to this when a seller wants to get the absolute maximum value out of his used car. I'm not saying this is wrong but when it's this close to a new car price, it makes very little sense to pursue. I usually avoid these types and all is good. Just wait and look around. More and more used Model 3s will hit the market at more realistic pricing...

You said it "makes very little sense to pursue"... If the seller prices his/her car outside the current market value, it, most likely, won't sell. Either the seller will adjust the price accordingly, or not. If said car will be purchased for "high" price, then someone didn't do their homework, or simply doesn't care, because they have more money than brains.
Being on a lot of forums, I've never seen mods so impassive... seems like they allow almost anything. BTW, Tesla Cars FS forum is not BMW or MB for sale, the # FS threads is not that significant and could be managed easily
The most organized I've seen was GT-R forum: the FS thread won't be posted until it was approved by the mods, it must include the images of the car and one of them must have an image of the car, sellers screen name and current date. All public discussions pertaining to price were verboten, PM only. At the end of the day, it was better for the seller and the prospective buyers.
One more thing... From experience, and I owned/purchased/sold/traded quite a few high-end cars, most people who actively participate and comment, have no intentions of buying said car, some have no means, some didn't reach drinking age. But they feel empowered by internet

Last edited:
Yeah, it's been a lot of undue stress/hassle. It's put me in some really bad moods some days.
I really don't understand the mindset. I wonder if car dealer's deal with a lot of this.
Either you want the car, or you don't. If you don't, just do nothing, until the price hits a price where you do...

I'm in no actual hurry, as the Standard Range Raven X doesn't appear to have been delivered to anyone yet... (I know I don't have a VIN).

Car Biz has been calling / emailing weekly asking if I'd like to sell it to them, which, at this point I am very near doing, other than I need the X to get to... ya know.. work... to pay for said car...

I'm told several sellers have gotten good prices selling on eBay, and I may list it there once my X arrives.
If my car isn't sold by 7/1, I guess that's better for me..?

Reactions: P85_DA
Interesting... this is one of the most important forums.
When it comes to selling my car I will think long and hard before posting it here. I'm sure a lot of sellers will agree with that
As long as the listing is detailed and the price is reasonable, you will have zero issue selling here. The only time problems arise is when people leave out critical information or ask for prices way over market.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and phalseid
As long as the listing is detailed and the price is reasonable, you will have zero issue selling here. The only time problems arise is when people leave out critical information or ask for prices way over market.

its a free market. its a free forum. no one is getting paid to moderate, and no one is forced to post, or to reply to posts. good deals will be bought, bad deals will be ridiculed.

I found that interesting that phalseid and jamesbrown limit their contribution to this forum by posting only in FS section. Having fun, gentlemen? That's exactly why this forum needs a moderator, so "experts" on price like you won't derail someone's FS thread. You always have an option to take your expert opinion to PM, no need to make it a spectacle or "ridicule" the seller...
I think your views of this forum will change real fast, once you will be selling your Tesla here. BTW, do you own one?

I found that interesting that phalseid and jamesbrown limit their contribution to this forum by posting only in FS section. Having fun, gentlemen? That's exactly why this forum needs a moderator, so "experts" on price like you won't derail someone's FS thread. You always have an option to take your expert opinion to PM, no need to make it a spectacle or "ridicule" the seller...
I think your views of this forum will change real fast, once you will be selling your Tesla here. BTW, do you own one?

For sale has never had a moderator and never will.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and phalseid
nope don't own one yet. That is why i read the FS section for when I am able to pull the trigger, i can find a good deal. I don't think that the sandbox needs to employ a daycare worker to keep the kids from throwing sand. We can all play nice and have fun. People who don't know the audience here should use caution because, yes, it is NOT moderated. AND it is VERY WELL INFORMED.

But I also believe in freedom and limited government.

Your assumption that my view of the forum will change is up in the air, as have no idea how I will view the forum in the future. I currently view this forum as one of the best places for informing myself about values of used Tesla vehicles, and to look for good deals and create my view of what the market is worth.

@vexige, how do you like your P100D? Are you thinking about selling it? Worried it might be a tough crowd? If you look at my posts, you will see I encourage great deals/sales, and I do not trash individual sellers/cars. What makes a person an "expert" on price? I thought the market did that job. Having been on this forum for a while, it is easy to sniff out "fresh meat" and they all follow the same formula. So occasionally, i reference that thread.

Ridicule might have been too strong a term. but then again, good deals happen here and here, and bad deals TRY to happen here. If people think the crowd is tough here, then they should not list their car here to avoid getting their feelings hurt.

This is the place to sell your tesla to a well informed buyer. This is not the place to find a sucker to buy your used tesla. This forum that is dedicated to informing buyers and sellers what a used tesla is worth.

With maybe a little added salt.

Last edited: