Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD, Long Range, Enhanced AP - For Sale 6k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of discount do you think is fair for your vehicle as compared to a brand new 2019 version? I am getting ready to order a brand new 2019 Long Range Model 3 (Full Self Driving Hardware, black exterior and interior, and standard 18” aero wheels). The total cost after the $3,750 tax credit is $52,150 (plus the $1,200 for destination and doc fees takes it to $53,350). I am considering a used Model 3 instead but I feel like there should be a decent discount as compared to a year newer model with no miles. When you add the $6K FSD cost to yours, there is no discount. Thoughts?

I'm getting $57,100 when configured with FSD. But here's the thing, if someone doesn't want to pay for Full Self Driving, they don't get extended auto-pilot (which this car already has). So it's not really possible to compare directly anymore.

It looks like your car comes with some kind of rubber floor mats?

I'm surprised no one asked for the VIN# range (or how the panel gaps are) :D

Good eye, Floor mats from wal-mart stay mine. They’ve lasted me 3 cars now. My fav. :)
Panel gaps all seem good to me.
I have sent the VIN to anyone who has asked for it.
No delivery date on my X yet. :(

Last edited:
I think you're squinting a little too hard friend. I can get a brand new M3 just like this FOR LESS after the tax credit. What are you smoking?

Edit: Non-negotiable at that price means not-sellable lmao

Some buyers don’t qualify for tax credit (e.g. retired). Some buyers are poor at math ;)

Also as @StealthP3D mentioned it’s a little tricky doing apples to apples comparison on cars with EAP. It depends partly on new owners short term and long term FSD plans.

Regardless Good luck with sale.

hqdefault.jpg

The tax credit gets cut in 1/2 July 1st, so this car becomes an appreciating asset ;)

$40k is a crazy good deal. Unless it’s after the tax savings.
I disagree. This car brand new is 49,900 - 3750 federal tax credit - 2000 PA EV incentive - .50 per mile driven (used warranty period and use). 3,150. That is 41,000. Buying the car at $40,000 would save the buyer $1,000 vs buying a new one nobody has ever farted in.

If I were serious about selling mine right now I would expect to get around $34,000 for it with its 25,000 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: cucubits
I disagree. This car brand new is 49,900 - 3750 federal tax credit - 2000 PA EV incentive - .50 per mile driven (used warranty period and use). 3,150. That is 41,000. Buying the car at $40,000 would save the buyer $1,000 vs buying a new one nobody has ever farted in.

If I were serious about selling mine right now I would expect to get around $34,000 for it with its 25,000 miles.

Except that, it's not.

This car comes with Enhanced Auto Pilot. which is no longer available. If we consider a $2k discount vs. FSD, that's
$55,900 + $1200 doc fee = $57,100
So, let's subtract $2k from that, we get $55,100.00 new

Tax credits, which all may not qualify for, reduce it to $51,350.
The PA rebate is $1750, of which you'll pay tax on, and only if you live in PA, results in $1250 take home.

This brings us to: $50,100.00 (if you live in PA).

Of course on 7/1, this will bring us to $51,975.00

I'm pretty sure my asking price is in the ballpark, given the offers from multiple car purchasing locations.

While I appreciate the comparisons to new, let's make sure they are accurate.

I will reduce the non-negotiable price until sold, or no longer worth the stress for the difference between selling it to a car purchasing location. Which, honestly, we are nearing.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Thank you.

Almost. I agree, below $40k is silly, but...

I see what you did, but to compare the new AWD car with FSD at $51,975 as you calculated fairly.

You'd now have to add $5000 for full FSD (I think that is the price for your car) to your car for a apples to apples comparison (unless buyer wants to assume a new future sale on FSD again). Why the heck you didn't get it, when at $2k?

So you have yours firm at $47,500 + $5,000 (FSD and HW3) = $52,500 (that brings your car up to the new car configuration above).

I'm not gonna suggest what you should list it for but this should make it clear about what to expect.
Some people aren't so good at math and many would not even think to add doc fees.

Do you think I included doc fees when I told my wife the price ;)

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck

So a new LR RWD someone picked up new from Tesla before tax credits isn’t a good deal? You must have mixed up my post with some others.

I wanted to use Ace Ventura as the... "Ohh, Just One More... thing"... but I guess that's not a meme

The car I'm selling comes with a garage door opener included, which according to Tesla is now a $300 + tax option!

So, really I should raise the price $318.00.

Reactions: VT_EE
I wanted to use Ace Ventura as the... "Ohh, Just One More... thing"... but I guess that's not a meme

The car I'm selling comes with a garage door opener included, which according to Tesla is now a $300 + tax option!

So, really I should raise the price $318.00.

I assume your joking? Because only the base SR model doesn’t include HomeLink.

Just trying to make sure I understand this. I think there are three price comparisons:

You’re valuing the additional capabilities of EAP (vs the current AP included with new cars) at $4k based on your ‘$2k discount from FSD’ above. From this article (Tesla (Enhanced) Autopilot vs. Full Self-Driving: What's the difference now?) those additional capabilities are (1) auto lane change (2) autopark (3) summon (4) navigate on autopilot. That gets to the $50,100 new car price you have above. If we include the additional PA sales tax on this just-for-illustration EAP new car (on $53.9k vs. $47k) that adds $414 to the new car so call $50,500 the new car comparison price. So at $47k you’re giving a $3.5k discount for 6k miles of depreciation, 6 months less warranty coverage, and having another owner in the vehicle history. Again, assuming the EAP extras are worth $4k to a buyer.

If they’re not, buy new and pay $49,900 + $1,200 - $3,750 - $1,250 = $46,100. Plus an additional $174 in PA sales tax (on $49.9k instead of $47k). So call $46,300 the new car comparison price, assuming fed and PA rebates.

And the last one (getting your car to FSD vs a new car with FSD) is what mswlogo posted. At $47k + $5k for FSD, your price is $100 less than a new car for a buyer who qualifies for the fed and PA incentives: $49,900 + $6,000 + $1,200 - $3,750 - $1,250 = $52,100. Include the additional $234 in PA sales tax (on $55.9k instead of $52k) and call it $52,350 vs. $52k for yours.

I’m using -$1,250 as the PA rebate as you did (since it’s taxable income). I don’t know if the $1,200 dest and doc fee is taxed; if it is add $72 (or $100 for easier math) to all the comparison prices. Did I mess up anywhere?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Just trying to make sure I understand this. I think there are three price comparisons:

You’re valuing the additional capabilities of EAP (vs the current AP included with new cars) at $4k based on your ‘$2k discount from FSD’ above. From this article (Tesla (Enhanced) Autopilot vs. Full Self-Driving: What's the difference now?) those additional capabilities are (1) auto lane change (2) autopark (3) summon (4) navigate on autopilot. That gets to the $50,100 new car price you have above. If we include the additional PA sales tax on this just-for-illustration EAP new car (on $53.9k vs. $47k) that adds $414 to the new car so call $50,500 the new car comparison price. So at $47k you’re giving a $3.5k discount for 6k miles of depreciation, 6 months less warranty coverage, and having another owner in the vehicle history. Again, assuming the EAP extras are worth $4k to a buyer.

If they’re not, buy new and pay $49,900 + $1,200 - $3,750 - $1,250 = $46,100. Plus an additional $174 in PA sales tax (on $49.9k instead of $47k). So call $46,300 the new car comparison price, assuming fed and PA rebates.

And the last one (getting your car to FSD vs a new car with FSD) is what mswlogo posted. At $47k + $5k for FSD, your price is $100 less than a new car for a buyer who qualifies for the fed and PA incentives: $49,900 + $6,000 + $1,200 - $3,750 - $1,250 = $52,100. Include the additional $234 in PA sales tax (on $55.9k instead of $52k) and call it $52,350 vs. $52k for yours.

I’m using -$1,250 as the PA rebate as you did (since it’s taxable income). I don’t know if the $1,200 dest and doc fee is taxed; if it is add $72 (or $100 for easier math) to all the comparison prices. Did I mess up anywhere?
Looks good to me, hopefully no ones buys the car :) Seller is being un realistic

• Disagree
Reactions: Super_Popular