Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD, Long Range, Enhanced AP - For Sale 6k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nope don't own one yet. That is why i read the FS section for when I am able to pull the trigger, i can find a good deal. I don't think that the sandbox needs to employ a daycare worker to keep the kids from throwing sand. We can all play nice and have fun. People who don't know the audience here should use caution because, yes, it is NOT moderated. AND it is VERY WELL INFORMED.

But I also believe in freedom and limited government.

Your assumption that my view of the forum will change is up in the air, as have no idea how I will view the forum in the future. I currently view this forum as one of the best places for informing myself about values of used Tesla vehicles, and to look for good deals and create my view of what the market is worth.

@vexige, how do you like your P100D? Are you thinking about selling it? Worried it might be a tough crowd? If you look at my posts, you will see I encourage great deals/sales, and I do not trash individual sellers/cars. What makes a person an "expert" on price? I thought the market did that job. Having been on this forum for a while, it is easy to sniff out "fresh meat" and they all follow the same formula. So occasionally, i reference that thread.

Ridicule might have been to strong a term. but then again, good deals happen here and here, and bad deals TRY to happen here. If people think the crowd is tough here, then they should not list their car here to avoid getting their feelings hurt.

This is the pace to sell your tesla to a well informed buyer. This is not the place to find a sucker to buy your used tesla. This forum that is dedicated to informing buyers and sellers what a used tesla is worth.

With maybe a little added salt.

See, I was right about you not owning one... Perhaps, you not even ready to "pull the trigger" yet? The rest of your post, no offense, it's just a demagoguery...
As to my car, no, I'm not thinking about selling it yet, only had it for couple of month and mostly loving it. When the time comes, I would rather trade it in than dealing with what I see here... Or list for sale on other websites... Unless, this forum is moderated by then, of course...

See, I was right about you not owning one... Perhaps, you not even ready to "pull the trigger" yet? The rest of your post, no offense, it's just a demagoguery...
As to my car, no, I'm not thinking about selling it yet, only had it for couple of month and mostly loving it. When the time comes, I would rather trade it in than dealing with what I see here... Or list for sale on other websites... Unless, this forum is moderated by then, of course...

Got it: a person who is NOT SELLING a car, is deriding a person who is IN THE MARKET TO BUY ONE on a FOR SALE FORUM.

Got it: a person who is NOT SELLING a car, is deriding a person who is IN THE MARKET TO BUY ONE on a FOR SALE FORUM.

Only when they are crazy off topic. Blocked. Actually, I'm now ignoring anyone who should be (ignored). This will shorten the thread and reduce my stress. Good tool :).

I went through the whole thread and hit ignore on anyone who... deserved it. Valid points are fine, and I'm all for a discussion. But asking for 20% off isn't an 'offer'. It's an insult.

I did notice that of all the names I hit ignore on... all had less than 100 (and often less than 50) posts.

Last edited:
I found that interesting that phalseid and jamesbrown limit their contribution to this forum by posting only in FS section. Having fun, gentlemen? That's exactly why this forum needs a moderator, so "experts" on price like you won't derail someone's FS thread. You always have an option to take your expert opinion to PM, no need to make it a spectacle or "ridicule" the seller...
I think your views of this forum will change real fast, once you will be selling your Tesla here. BTW, do you own one?
Have you ever considered the fact that I only post in the For Sale section because I am looking to buy a Tesla that is for sale? I have sold many cars on many forums and my views won't ever change. As long as the sale is detailed and within market pricing, it sells fine. This forum is no different than any other. No I do not own a Tesla or else I wouldnt be wasting my time in the sales section. If you are not selling and not buying, why are you in the Sales section?

Last edited:
Reactions: phalseid
But asking for 20% off isn't an 'offer'. It's an insult.

This! Exactly this works the other way around too and that's why so many get triggered when used cars are listed at unreasonable prices. Asking for 20% above what the car's worth* can be seen as the same insult as you see the "lowball" offers you're getting.

*not getting into numbers, I'm not accusing this ad in particular for being 20% above, this is just an example of what's going on in many threads here and why the "price police" is so vigilant. The possibility of saving someone overpaying for a used car, makes me warm inside.

OP: trying to be helpful here for real -- just noticed your first post says "asking $47.5k" as opposed to the "non-negotiable $46.5k " on page 3. Not sure it'll reduce the number of lower-price offers you get but thought you may want to update the initial post for anyone who doesn't sift through the entire thread.

This forum would be the last place I would attempt to sell a tesla, especially if I wanted top dollar for it
OP: trying to be helpful here for real -- just noticed your first post says "asking $47.5k" as opposed to the "non-negotiable $46.5k " on page 3. Not sure it'll reduce the number of lower-price offers you get but thought you may want to update the initial post for anyone who doesn't sift through the entire thread.

You cant edit posts here after a short amount of time.

This forum would be the last place I would attempt to sell a tesla, especially if I wanted top dollar for it

You cant edit posts here after a short amount of time.

You're mostly right... selling here is a joke, but hey all views are good views?

Looks like I'll hold at $46,500 for a while, between 7/1 and this:
Tesla has been denied tariff exemption for Model 3 computer and screen - Electrek

I don't see the 3 dropping in price any time soon... Save some hassle! Buy Mine!
Rumor is my X arrives week of 24th!

Reactions: VT_EE and P85_DA
Probably just to help start bidding. I'd assume he set a reserve at the magic number :)
Still, with the price so close to a new 2019 one, I'm having a hard time believing it will sell...
Doesn't have a reserve. It won't sell for $45k and he will relist it. Eventually after wasting money on listing fees, he will get the hint. Some people learn a bit slower than others and that's ok.

PS. eBay Motors is the only part of eBay where all bids are non-binding. A winning bid simple means that you express interest in completing a sale. The winning bidder has no obligation to actually buy the car.

• Informative
Reactions: cucubits