Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this through from Tesla, guessing that means its not coming today as promised! :D

‘With the current COVID-19 situation, our partners Auto XP have had to stop operations and such, our ability to do deliveries from their sites. The team are working on a plan to have these deliveries sorted by next week but the driver will be kept up to date.’

View attachment 526397

Arrived via covered transport which I wasn’t expecting and was a nice surprise. Haven’t had the chance to go through the checklist but nothing stands out as wrong.

The only spanner in the works was the fact that it has a different registration than all my documentation does. After a bit of a frantic phone call to Tesla they told me that the reason it had a different plate was because it had been registered in London (or maybe Southampton?) rather than Bristol, where I was supposed to pick it up. Luckily I hadn’t yet taken out insurance.

Oh and the Type-2 charging cable was missing. Apparently there is a shortage, and I need to do the whole app service thing to get one.

EDIT: 7 miles on the clock too ☺️

Congrats! The blue is very pretty indeed.

Reactions: Durzel
View attachment 526397

Arrived via covered transport which I wasn’t expecting and was a nice surprise. Haven’t had the chance to go through the checklist but nothing stands out as wrong.

The only spanner in the works was the fact that it has a different registration than all my documentation does. After a bit of a frantic phone call to Tesla they told me that the reason it had a different plate was because it had been registered in London (or maybe Southampton?) rather than Bristol, where I was supposed to pick it up. Luckily I hadn’t yet taken out insurance.

Oh and the Type-2 charging cable was missing. Apparently there is a shortage, and I need to do the whole app service thing to get one.

Car looks great. When mine arrives I think I'm definately going to go for tinting of the rear windows.

Reactions: Durzel
Just got this through from Tesla, guessing that means its not coming today as promised! :D

‘With the current COVID-19 situation, our partners Auto XP have had to stop operations and such, our ability to do deliveries from their sites. The team are working on a plan to have these deliveries sorted by next week but the driver will be kept up to date.’

Come on Tesla, tell us something we don't know!

View attachment 526397

Congrats!, in case you didn't know, the front passenger window is currently vented.

Also, sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but assuming the door is fully closed, if I were you i'd probably log the alignment of the front passenger door as an issue. Looks a bit wonky where the chrome trim meets the rear door.

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and Matt2000
Update from myself. As a key worker, the amazing guys at Tesla Leeds called today. Stated they’re matching me to a New car than originally planned, but said ‘you’ll have to deal with us in sales prepping the car so sorry I’m not the best!’. All would’ve been set for this afternoon but I couldn’t get insurance sorted. Now for an 11am pickup tomorrow so hopefully all goes well tomorrow!

Reactions: Sunraged
Update from myself. As a key worker, the amazing guys at Tesla Leeds called today. Stated they’re matching me to a New car than originally planned, but said ‘you’ll have to deal with us in sales prepping the car so sorry I’m not the best!’. All would’ve been set for this afternoon but I couldn’t get insurance sorted. Now for an 11am pickup tomorrow so hopefully all goes well tomorrow!
Great news
Tell them not bother and do it yourself, at least you will find anything wrong yourself doing it that way

Great news
Tell them not bother and do it yourself, at least you will find anything wrong yourself doing it that way
I’m going to let them prep the car anyway. I’ll then give it the once over quickly and then take pictures of the car for anything I’ve missed at a later date. My need of transport is more important at present then any slightly misaligned panels.

hoping their isn’t much but I’ll be going through the checklist!

Congrats!, in case you didn't know, the front passenger window is currently vented.

Also, sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but assuming the door is fully closed, if I were you i'd probably log the alignment of the front passenger door as an issue. Looks a bit wonky where the chrome trim meets the rear door.
Thanks. I’ll take a few photos and send them across to Tesla. No paint issues anywhere which was the thing I was most worried about.

You’re right, that chrome trim is not perfectly aligned. Will get on to that.

For info, Mine was due to be delivered yesterday but I answered N to the text earlier in the week. I am a key worker and have access to another car but would like an idea of what the Tesla policy is to plan. Just spoke to them and they said that 5 or 6 lease companies had instructed them to halt deliveries but they are still delivering cars. Waiting on Zenith to email me to clarify.

So after getting that text this morning, I've got through to Tesla (Thomas - another nice guy).

I asked about the confusing messaging in the text and I was right to confirm the query with them. Turns out, they are trying to schedule deliveries where they can but if home delivery is not an option, then they are saying collection will still be available at the original collection location. I said (and had to reiterate a couple of times) that it wasn't possible for me to travel to Heathrow (200 mile round trip) due to the government lockdown so it had to be delivery. I did state that I'm happy to wait for however long it needs to be but it does need to be delivery.

Interesting note; he did tell me my car is still in Southampton.

Long story short, re that text: Check it with them coz they're effectively still pushing the collections.
I had the same response on the phone today after yesterday was supposed to be my collection day from Heathrow for them to say it’s still in Southampton docks, he did say they should be moving them from there between now and Monday to start delivery.

Thanks. I’ll take a few photos and send them across to Tesla. No paint issues anywhere which was the thing I was most worried about.

You’re right, that chrome trim is not perfectly aligned. Will get on to that.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there are a few other problems in your picture I think need drawing to your attention:

Those gutters and downspouts need a damn good clean. The pointing over the windows needs attention, and the gravel drive needs a weedkiller treatment. ;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.