Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rang Tesla this morning, was advised it'll be on a vessel arriving second week of November (which coincides with the shipping thread and RCC ANTWERP). Delivery to myself late Nov early Dec.

Still no VIN assigned yet, the guy on the phone said this only happens once the vehicles land. Which doesn't seem accurate to me - I've heard of VINs being assigned earlier on in the process.

I called and asked for my VIN and they sent me a text message with it. They did say it could change though.

I called and asked for my VIN and they sent me a text message with it. They did say it could change though.

He just implied that the current ship inbound from the US will contain unallocated cars and allocation will take place when it arrives in Europe.

Even before VIN you should get a text saying a car has been allocated

I haven't had that, I'll give it another couple of days and perhaps call back.

It seems like more of an art than a science, and "luck of the draw", whether or not a car with your name on it is on a boat, that isn't going to get someone else's name on it first.

Interesting to hear the message that the vin could change. I specifically asked about this when ringing to get my vin. They said it's only going to change if the vehicle is damaged in transit / there's something wrong with it when it arrives. I hope that this doesn't happen that often!

Thanks @Long Ranger , when do the delivery texts usually start to come out ?

Just to help folks out - things normally settle a bit once the Panama Canal milestone passes, then much more settled each quarter as ships 1 and 2 arrive into Zeebrugge.

You are experiencing the pain that many of us have felt - but actually from Zeebrugge onwards things firm up pretty nicely and it tends to stay stable from there.

The difference you are all experiencing from previous cars you may have specced from factory is you get a build number, target delivery date and no ability to track a ship - but it’s not needed as you have the delivery date when you order. Not the case with Tesla so you are forced to pray to the shipping gods and their illustrious leader Mr Miserable.

Stay patient and the treacle will subside but the 3 weeks ship time is very painful .... ! Also remember that no matter how many times you call Tesla pre-Zeebrugge for your RN, it makes no difference to when you get your car (unless you get very lucky with a forced Inventory match). They don’t run the ships so they can’t make stock appear faster. You can sometimes tweak the overall time post-Zeebrugge but usually only a few days in it - just depends what delivery slots appear on their system.

It’s interesting watching this process from before I ordered, then during, and now after. During seems like it’s only happening to you but then you realise it’s everyone. I think it’s one of the reasons this is such a good forum as most folks have been through a very similar process and we’re all bonded by some sort of weird ritual / initiation ceremony that could never have been designed like this if someone tried.

Looking forward to seeing the next batch of inmates join the club soon :cool::D

I will be calling the UK Customer Service later because I sold my own car that was previously setup for a trade in with Tesla against a LR model 3.

Although Tesla didn’t offer a discount (why would they?) their trade in was higher than other trade offers by a wide margin. I did achieve a better price by advertising and selling privately. So my impression is they want all the potential orders to be fulfilled.

whilst it may seem that Tesla is opaque with details about new arrivals, I haven’t found another company where this information is available for a non factory order e.g. a Kia dealer can show UK stock that is unsold with no great certainty. They also have the disadvantage of fewer cats being available than there are dealers, so imagine being told that there is a possibility that your Tesla dealer has lots of buyers but only one “lucky” buyer in the next couple of months!

There can be many reasons Tesla buyers will cancel their order as circumstances do change so some orders will will progress faster. Equally I’m not ordering a “special” version, do Tesla make adjustments here in Europe e.g. swapping wheels between models (seat colour would be harder to swap?) to match orders to buyers or do “specials” get ordered with inevitable delays e.g. only so much can be predicted?

Got the text too and arranged pickup;

Ordered 6th Sept, M3LR Blue
Got VIN last week on the phone. Still not showing in the source of the reservation page, despite the delivery appointment being there now.
Delivery scheduled 24th Nov, Dartford - Was the earliest available. Might keep an eye on the shipping thread and ring them closer to the time to see if it can come forward, worth a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.