Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also have a LR white, white interior on order with no VIN since Oct 10th. Looks like we're all in (on?) the same boat so I'll not be too concerned right now. Not called up and happy to wait at the moment but when (if) every other LR order is fulfilled but mine, I'll start querying,

I ordered my M3 LR red 26 September and just called them. They confirmed two ships will arrive in November one mid November and one towards the end. They expected my car to be on the later ship with a small chance of it being on the earlier ship. I’m expecting delivery end of November / early December.

I ordered my M3 LR red 26 September and just called them. They confirmed two ships will arrive in November one mid November and one towards the end. They expected my car to be on the later ship with a small chance of it being on the earlier ship. I’m expecting delivery end of November / early December.

Bugger, I have ordered on 27 Sep - LR, Red, Black Interior, 19 inch wheels so that slightly disapointing to hear that news. Guess its just wait and see.

I ordered M3 LR in red with black and white interior on 2rd September and was told end of September, early October delivery.I phoned today and they can't tell if it is on it's way but think it will be the end of November at the earliest. It seems surprising that some contributors on here have been told their car is on the RCC Antwerp but they can't tell me if mine is listed as being on the ship or not.Tesla, a company that uses such modern systems in their cars cannot or don't want to, organise an inventory/ logistics system that tells them at what stage an order has reached. This is the most disappointing aspect of the whole order system. Good news is that it will be the refreshed model.

Reactions: Old n grumpy
Knowing from the amount of times I've called and what I've been told. It looks like most of us are looking at end Nov/Start December. I've been told twice it would be here by end of November. But looking at shipping thread it deffo looks like it would touch into December.
I've been told I should expect an update (VIN/Assignment) this week. Which would indicate it's not on ANTWERP at this time. I would only imagine they would assign me one from ANTWERP is there is some going spare.
Fingers crossed all of us should have more info by end of this week when the other ship leaves Pier 80

I ordered M3 LR in red with black and white interior on 2rd September and was told end of September, early October delivery.I phoned today and they can't tell if it is on it's way but think it will be the end of November at the earliest. It seems surprising that some contributors on here have been told their car is on the RCC Antwerp but they can't tell me if mine is listed as being on the ship or not.Tesla, a company that uses such modern systems in their cars cannot or don't want to, organise an inventory/ logistics system that tells them at what stage an order has reached. This is the most disappointing aspect of the whole order system. Good news is that it will be the refreshed model.
I have a feeling the Tesla Reps/Advisors in the UK actually don't have a clue either, I've been given 5 different pieces of information each time I've phoned up

Hi All
Ordered a Black LRM3 with black interior and 19" wheels on the 16th Oct. Hopefully with the Scottish EST loan.
No VIn yet.

Hi, is it possible to have extras like the black and 19" wheels with the EST loan in Scotland, guy at my work was told they dont fund extra cost colours or optional extras? I dont know the answer but didnt sound right to me, so can you spec right up to £49,999 towbar,wheels,colour etc using loan?

Hi, is it possible to have extras like the black and 19" wheels with the EST loan in Scotland, guy at my work was told they dont fund extra cost colours or optional extras? I dont know the answer but didnt sound right to me, so can you spec right up to £49,999 towbar,wheels,colour etc using loan?

I think what it means is if the basic car costs £30000 and you were to add £5000 extras, then you would only get a loan of £30000 max.

This from website -
Loans are only available, and can only be used, to cover the cost of purchasing the basic, standard-specification model vehicle itself. Loans cannot be used to cover the costs of any optional extras, modifications or other non-standard changes made to the vehicle

Just to help folks out - things normally settle a bit once the Panama Canal milestone passes, then much more settled each quarter as ships 1 and 2 arrive into Zeebrugge.

You are experiencing the pain that many of us have felt - but actually from Zeebrugge onwards things firm up pretty nicely and it tends to stay stable from there.

The difference you are all experiencing from previous cars you may have specced from factory is you get a build number, target delivery date and no ability to track a ship - but it’s not needed as you have the delivery date when you order. Not the case with Tesla so you are forced to pray to the shipping gods and their illustrious leader Mr Miserable.

Stay patient and the treacle will subside but the 3 weeks ship time is very painful .... ! Also remember that no matter how many times you call Tesla pre-Zeebrugge for your RN, it makes no difference to when you get your car (unless you get very lucky with a forced Inventory match). They don’t run the ships so they can’t make stock appear faster. You can sometimes tweak the overall time post-Zeebrugge but usually only a few days in it - just depends what delivery slots appear on their system.

It’s interesting watching this process from before I ordered, then during, and now after. During seems like it’s only happening to you but then you realise it’s everyone. I think it’s one of the reasons this is such a good forum as most folks have been through a very similar process and we’re all bonded by some sort of weird ritual / initiation ceremony that could never have been designed like this if someone tried.

Looking forward to seeing the next batch of inmates join the club soon :cool::D

the EST loan is against the basic LR price of £49000(found on the order agreement)
extras wheels, paint, delivery & reg are paid by yourself.

Reactions: Mr. D
Rang Tesla this morning, was advised it'll be on a vessel arriving second week of November (which coincides with the shipping thread and RCC ANTWERP). Delivery to myself late Nov early Dec.

Still no VIN assigned yet, the guy on the phone said this only happens once the vehicles land. Which doesn't seem accurate to me - I've heard of VINs being assigned earlier on in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.