Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give them a call today - seems to be almost zero on hold time....
I haven’t called them until today as I didn’t want to be a pain however I just followed your suggestion.

The helpful chap sent a GPS ping then told me my vehicle has left and is in the middle of the Atlantic.Was in Philly. No idea how but some are on their way already. ‍♂️

ETA towards end of Sept...possibly early October. No idea which vessel it’s on but something that left between 30th August and today. So some of those early vehicles that were spotted being driven rob philadelphia have been moved on already.

I haven’t called them until today as I didn’t want to be a pain however I just followed your suggestion.

The helpful chap sent a GPS ping then told me my vehicle has left and is in the middle of the Atlantic.Was in Philly. No idea how but some are on their way already. ‍♂️

ETA towards end of Sept...possibly early October. No idea which vessel it’s on but something that left between 30th August and today. So some of those early vehicles that were spotted being driven rob philadelphia have been moved on already.

Interesting - that's pretty much what I got. I'm being optimistic and going with 'English Channel' rather than Atlantic though - been watching Philly for a week or so, and not seen any other ships heading to ZEE or UK except Bomar Calais. Happy to be proved wrong though.....of course yours has to get to Leeds, mine to Heathrow - if they come into Immingham, then you're a lot closer :)

Reactions: Stretchquaker
@m3gt2 I've now got the same order and collection centre. Unfortunately it wasn't my original order spec and they have only just managed to get the changed spec right today on the third attempt. I wonder if I'll get a similar VIN in the not too distant future

Reactions: m3gt2
I spoke to Dartford today to see if they had any update on my order. The usual story, nothing yet (as I suspected), he advised that it is the 19” sport wheels causing more of a delay. He checked if there was any inventory which could be assigned to me if I changed the wheels to 18” Aeros, and there is (right colour, right interior) but only in standard battery format, not long range - so I declined - but if anyone wants a blue with white interior standard range 18” wheels then there is one out there!
Interestingly he was optimistic that there could be cars arriving soon with 19” sports wheels and advised to wait another week (as shipments are being allocated every week now). I’m going to wait 1 more week then ditch the sports wheels.

This is exactly my spec, what the heck. :mad: May 9th order and I just called the delivery team, amazingly got through (definitely more staff on hand), was told I'd definitely have the car September. I'm away on a Scottish driving holiday the 28th so am praying it'll be in the Tesla. Booked it back in May thinking end of September would be safe enough, this is cutting it fine!

Reactions: Yev000
After seeing all the comments today with ppl successfully getting through to the delivery team I thought I'd give it a go. Got through within minutes and told my car will likely be ready for collection on 21st September and that's it's currently on its way across to the UK. He also checked all my account details to ensure everything was ready to go. All sounds positive but I'll not get too carried away till I'm sat in it!

OK. I really haven’t got anything better to do so brain working overtime. A whole load of us were assigned VINs on 30th August. This would tie in perfectly with the Bomar Calais being loaded in Philly. Think someone else stated that the VINs are assigned as ships are loaded in the US.
If this is the case then my car is about to be offloaded in Zebrugge in five hours time :)

• Love
Reactions: ME_UK
What comes next after having a CS VIN for about six weeks?
Do I get a documented VIN, or is it a delivery estimate first?
It seems to vary, but on the whole, it goes...
SC VIN,
Delivery Estimate (a range first, then later a date),
Final Invoice (with date and VIN),
occasionally a Final Invoice without a VIN
Delivery Appointment confirmed on Manage page
VIN on Manage Page

As mentioned, sometimes this varies.

Any rule of thumb about delivery time after receiving by email your final invoice ?
This varies a lot. I have noticed between 1 day and a few weeks. Mostly less than two weeks though.

I ordered a LRAWD Blue with white interior 18” (no tow) on 5th of august and got my HP approved by 13th of august. Delivery estimate email says 8 sept-15sept. How common is my spec? Does that actually matter with delivery estimates?
Yes! It matters a lot. Yours is fairly uncommon, but not too rare, IMO.

Interestingly he was optimistic that there could be cars arriving soon with 19” sports wheels and advised to wait another week (as shipments are being allocated every week now). I’m going to wait 1 more week then ditch the sports wheels.
I had the same thought after similar conversations with them last week. Yesterday they found a LRAWD with 18" Aeros but a different interior. I asked if they could see if a car matching my original spec (LRAWD, Black, White, 19" Sport wheels) had been loaded onto a vessel in the past few days or weeks. They said they can only view shipped inventory up to two weeks out (from delivery). They confirmed that there was nothing matching now and that if I checked back again in two weeks, the situation could well be the same.

I just spoke to Will too. Very helpful chap. Sadly I have yet to be VIN matched to a unicorn M3 (SR+ White/White with Tow), so he said to expect mine in the next 1-2 months, hopefully no later than November.
Tesla told me last week that someone in the US informed the office in Amsterdam that hundreds of RHD M3s with Towbars had been shipped for arrival at the end of September.

Reactions: rubberfish
Hello,

TMC Forum UK Tesla Model 3 Orders Shared

I was bored enough today (until the Cricket got interesting) to make this summary sheet.

It's a summary of the UK Model 3 orders by users on this forum (The UK and Ireland threads). It is obviously incomplete and I've only been through two of the threads so far to populate it. I will keep going in my spare time.

Some of us may find it an interesting reference between discussions on here. The sample is way too small to be able to draw any proper conclusions, but as many of us seem to want to compare order progress, I thought it might be worth sharing.

Take a look, you might find yourself featured on the sheet.

Feel free to add a comment below with any additions or corrections you may want to make to fill in the many gaps.

Late to the Party, but please feel free to add my details to the sheet:

*TMC Name* Aaronalex
*Car* LRAWD
*Colour* Red
*Wheel Option* 19"" Sport
*Interior* Black,
*AP/FSD* AP, FSD
*Towbar* N/A
*Reservation* N/A
*Order* 19/05/19
*~ Booking No.* 04034
*SC Location* Heathrow
*Finance* Y, HP BH
*Trade-in* N
*VIN* No SC VIN, No VIN
*Final Inv* N
*Del Est Tesla* N/A
*Delivery* N/A

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3 and pmg102
I fear I may have picked one of the rarest configurations (LRAWD, MSM, white interior, 18" aero wheels) - only one other person on the sheet chose the same.

Not going to change it for the sake of attempting to get an earlier delivery though, just hoping that it gets built soon :)

Think I've chosen a rare config too! LRAWD White/White With Tow and FSD :/

Well I got through this morning in about 4 minutes and was told that I should expect the start of October but will hear when the ship docks and it could be earlier so my guess is like mentioned before. I'm still hoping it will be this month if the ship docks next Wednesday :)

Status
Not open for further replies.