Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delivery email received. Apparently a rescheduled delivery appointment which is strange as I’ve never had one before, but never mind. Received two mails actually, with the same appointment date, Sept 29th in Birmingham. Does this mean they’re giving me two Model 3’s for the price of one? :D

And it’s all great but I’m supposed to be in Glasgow that weekend :rolleyes: Some reorganising to do, I’m not moving the delivery date as that could lead to further torture.

Based on the above posts, it's looking like these are mostly orders up to July and some early ones from August (with exception of AndrewR!)

I wonder where the cars for those receiving delivery e-mails actually are at present?

They might already be in the UK, possibly en-route to the relevant delivery location for final checks/registration. Would this take 10+ days though?

Or they could be waiting to be shipped across from Zeebrugge, which I reckon is more likely. Could be a lot of other cars needing to come across so perhaps spending some time charging, waiting to be allocated space on a ship, etc.

Finally, they could be still on the way over from the US, but given that there's several ships inbound and some people are gettiing delivery dates in October and there haven't been any further departures from the US it seems likely that the arrivals from the US will be catering for those deliveries.

All speculation, of course, and I'm not really all that familiar with the logistics involved besides what I've read on this forum. Just wondering how many orders these ships will cater for and hoping that mine is among them!

Just been seeing if there's any particular pattern as to who the lucky folks were who reported receiving delivery e-mails earlier:

In terms of car specifications, it's a mixture of everything so doesn't look like any particular configuration is further ahead/behind in the queue. The order numbers range from 3 digits to 5 digits. Most of the orders are from July with a few from May and a few from August.

The only notable thing I can see is that the collections are for Heathrow and Birmingham, except for one which is listed on the spreadsheet as Stockport (m3gt2). Even the alternative car ChrisA70 was matched to is at Heathrow rather than Dartford.

Proposed collection dates are mostly 24/09 through to 27/09 (Tue-Fri) with one on 29/09 (Sun), regardless of collection location.

Glovis Sunlight departed Zeebrugge at about 2pm on 15th, so if these collections are being scheduled for cars from that, it's taken a couple of days to start matching cars to people and presumably the next thing they need to do is work out which ship to plonk the cars on so they arrive at the correct location (wouldn't make sense to send a bunch of cars to Birmingham when there are orders matching them in Heathrow for example.)

Would there be anything in particular about these locations that would make them worthwhile to ship to before any of the others (storage capacity etc.?)

Would there be anything in particular about these locations that would make them worthwhile to ship to before any of the others (storage capacity etc.?)

At a guess I would suggest it's as simple as proximity...it's quicker to get loads of cars to the south of the country then up north...this pans out when you see lots of people from Edinburgh having vins disappearing...clearly Tesla have decided to just smash the heck out of the southern orders before end of quarter

First post on this forum, from someone hopefully about to become a Model 3 owner! Had a LR, MSM and black/white interior on order from mid August. Got a call late last week saying that there was no delivery on the horizon for that spec, but I could change to a Performance, same colour way (and same 18" wheels, which suits me well). They price matched the LR, and I've received the final invoice (incl VIN) with estimated delivery shown as 24/9 at Heathrow. Not sure how that experience matches in with others on here - from a read of this thread there seem to be different processes for different places.

Had a LR, MSM and black/white interior on order from mid August. Got a call late last week saying that there was no delivery on the horizon for that spec

That's what I ordered as well (at end of August, for delivery at Heathrow.) I had a call last week (Thursday?) just to confirm details - not told about there being any delay for that particular spec, but it did seem uncommon (looking at the spreadsheet.)

That's a nice upgrade, anyway!

Looks like they are really trying to complete as many orders as they can, even if it means upping the spec or diverting all orders to the shortest trip from Zeebrugge (as suggested by Epico.)

First post on this forum, from someone hopefully about to become a Model 3 owner! Had a LR, MSM and black/white interior on order from mid August. Got a call late last week saying that there was no delivery on the horizon for that spec, but I could change to a Performance, same colour way (and same 18" wheels, which suits me well). They price matched the LR, and I've received the final invoice (incl VIN) with estimated delivery shown as 24/9 at Heathrow. Not sure how that experience matches in with others on here - from a read of this thread there seem to be different processes for different places.
Welcome to the collection frenzy @PXW1 I’d class that as a minor lottery win!!
Hopefully any insurance increase from LRAWD to perf isn’t too costly for you.

Reactions: nightowl
They might already be in the UK, possibly en-route to the relevant delivery location for final checks/registration. Would this take 10+ days though?

It seems there are a load of cars in Zee right now and are being shipped in as short as two days before delivery (for Heathrow).

Not sure how many are getting shipped at once whether it’s a bulk boat or smaller loads

Status
Not open for further replies.