Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know why because they had about 50 cars up for grabs on Monday morning. I got an email alert they were available and was on-line selecting my options 07:00 . Crazy that they cancelled you out. I have just checked and they are advertising at least 10 the mo up for grabs..

Sorry to be dense but I’m a bit of a newbie to all this... how do I set up an email alert so I know if there is new inventory? Thanks for any help
(Ordered SR+ white/black on 23rd Sept, still waiting to be allocated )

The car sets the speed limit I think on gps settings (Have to look at the autopilot and fsd settings in more detail) and you see that on the screen as a normal speed sign to the right of the screen but there is a 2nd setting that sits over the car location bit and under the speedometer on the screen that suggests or controls maximum speed. I was on 40 roads and it was setting to 30 automatically and therefore slowing the car and frustrating me. You can adjust it by tapping on the screen but it doesn't appear to stay set at what i want. I didn't get a chance to get back out an a motorway at this stage as I was running late to get back to the Tesla shop, but I like to set my cruise at 80 normally and let it rock up and down depending on the traffic as i stay in behind a car doing the normal speed and then just overtake when I pull out in to the right lane without any footwork from me. I dont have the confidence the M3 is going to let me do that.

The cruise speed is controlled by the right side steering wheel button. Up or down changes the set speed. It starts out with the GPS determined speed limit for the road you are on but you can change it to whatever you want. (There is a maps issue that means that the detected speed limit is incorrect if there have been recent(ish) changes to the speed limit.)

Have cancelled order and going with I-Pace instead. More money and will have to finance over 4 years rather than 3 but feel more comfortable and driving safer

Cool good luck with the i-pace, 100 percent it looks far better inside. Performance is not as good as the Teslas though and speaking from experience (having owned two Jaguar XFs from brand new) the reliability of them is the poorest I have experience from all the other cars I have owned. For example my old XF, in the winter the door handle would freeze which would then prevent the door from actually locking shut. Breaking down was also a regular (maybe once a year) experience...I may have just been unlucky of course!

Cool good luck with the i-pace, 100 percent it looks far better inside. Performance is not as good as the Teslas though and speaking from experience (having owned two Jaguar XFs from brand new) the reliability of them is the poorest I have experience from all the other cars I have owned. For example my old XF, in the winter the door handle would freeze which would then prevent the door from actually locking shut. Breaking down was also a regular (maybe once a year) experience...I may have just been unlucky of course!

Performance is fine for me. Like the Tesla, I had the I-Pace demo out for a good run. It was the numbers that sent me the M3 route initially when I saw the available stock. The Jag is costing one heck of a lot more but was the way I was going originally anyways.
I have heard the Jag reliability stories and currently have a 67 plate XE R-Sport myself. There have been a few niggling issues but once the dealer has been informed they go out of their way to get the issue fixed ASAP. The customer service there is extremely good.
My only issue I have had that annoyed me was central booking where twice I have booked the car in for service or a warranty repair only to turn up at the dealer and find the appointment not booked or no courtesy car available for me. However, as long as I book in work direct with the dealer, I have had no issue.
Regrettably, things do break / go wrong. As long as they are promptly addressed, I dont usually have an issue but poor customer service makes me vent like a daemon.....

Performance is fine for me. Like the Tesla, I had the I-Pace demo out for a good run. It was the numbers that sent me the M3 route initially when I saw the available stock. The Jag is costing one heck of a lot more but was the way I was going originally anyways.
I have heard the Jag reliability stories and currently have a 67 plate XE R-Sport myself. There have been a few niggling issues but once the dealer has been informed they go out of their way to get the issue fixed ASAP. The customer service there is extremely good.
My only issue I have had that annoyed me was central booking where twice I have booked the car in for service or a warranty repair only to turn up at the dealer and find the appointment not booked or no courtesy car available for me. However, as long as I book in work direct with the dealer, I have had no issue.
Regrettably, things do break / go wrong. As long as they are promptly addressed, I dont usually have an issue but poor customer service makes me vent like a daemon.....

Hi KevGav,

this is my first post here. I promise I'm not a troll! I've ordered an M3P+ and have been reading this forum and only now, after reading your post, have I felt compelled to write my first post as I wanted to share with you my experience with the Jaguar I-Pace.

I bought an HSE I-Pace in June and I loved it! the build quality was excellent and the performance was more than enough for me despite coming from a Panamera 4-hybrid. The software was slow and buggy which was a bit annoying but I thought I could live with it. Then, on the first time I drove it at night I realised that the Matrix LEDs (ADB in JLR speak) didn't work. I started a whole thread on the issue here (Matrix Headlights (Adaptive Driving Beam) don't seem to be working - Jaguar I-Pace Forum) and there were many other in the same boat. after trying to get it fixed for nearly 3 months at my local dealer with the last potential fix actually making the car not drivable due to the headlights not working at all I decided that I'd had enough and asked for a full refund. JLR obliged and, even though it took 8 weeks to get my money back, they have refunded it.

it was a shame as it was a lovely car but it shattered my confidence in JLR and I doubt very much I will ever buy another JLR vehicle again.

But, they have now apparently fixed the ADB issue (Matrix Headlights ADB saga - GOOD NEWS - Jaguar I-Pace Forum) and there are many very happy customers on the ipaceforums website. I'm sure you'll have very many happy years with the I-Pace and it seems that JLR are very slowly working on fixing the slow and buggy software but I wasn't prepared to be a beta tester for them on an £80k car.

now, I'm sure that you'll argue that Tesla like to beta test on their drivers as well and from what I've heard that might well be the case, but at least the £30k I'm saving by getting the M3P+ will help ease my angst at being a beta tester. ;)

anyway, I wish you all the best with the I-Pace. it is a lovely car and I've no doubt you will be very happy but I just wanted to give you my story so you have a different view of it.

Have cancelled order and going with I-Pace instead. More money and will have to finance over 4 years rather than 3 but feel more comfortable and driving safer

Get car, no doubt. Unfortunately it doesn't have a Supercharger network which inevitably makes long journey's a bit more of a challenge given the iPace's need for plenty of electricity. Hopefully Ionity and others will crack on to fill the gap.

Reactions: ringi and KevGav
hi all. I ordered a M3P+ mid-october and was told I'd get a VIN within a couple of weeks. it's now been a couple of weeks and no VIN so I called Tesla and the guy I spoke to said that if I didn't have an allocation then I'm now looking at mid-December to mid-January for delivery. he said that all the cars on the current ships coming to the UK have been allocated and he wasn't sure if any other ships were heading this way soon.
is this normal Tesla behaviour? it seems like it from the reading I've done on here that they can't give accurate delivery times.

so my options are sit and wait patiently and hope I get a delivery before the end of the year or buy one from inventory that isn't exactly what I want as there aren't any performance models there so it would have to be a LRAWD.

is this my "welcome to the world of Tesla" moment?

hi all. I ordered a M3P+ mid-october and was told I'd get a VIN within a couple of weeks. it's now been a couple of weeks and no VIN so I called Tesla and the guy I spoke to said that if I didn't have an allocation then I'm now looking at mid-December to mid-January for delivery. he said that all the cars on the current ships coming to the UK have been allocated and he wasn't sure if any other ships were heading this way soon.
is this normal Tesla behaviour? it seems like it from the reading I've done on here that they can't give accurate delivery times.

so my options are sit and wait patiently and hope I get a delivery before the end of the year or buy one from inventory that isn't exactly what I want as there aren't any performance models there so it would have to be a LRAWD.

Yeah pretty much. Their delivery estimates aren't great. When I ordered on 9th August I was told i'd have the car in 4-5 weeks, possibly even 2 weeks. When I finally get my car on 7th November i'd have been waiting 3 months.

While they are clearing tons of outstanding orders on these incoming ships, the wait is still probably a few months.

I'm waiting on a M3P+ ordered 25th of Sept, as you've already discovered the estimated delivery times are pure fiction, I'm hoping for delivery before Christmas, despite being told early mid November.

As others have commented, work on 3 months from order to delivery as a sensible ball park, you might be lucky and get something ahead of this, but not by much.

Good luck with the wait, I'm only a month in and it already seems like an eternity!

Yeah pretty much. Their delivery estimates aren't great. When I ordered on 9th August I was told i'd have the car in 4-5 weeks, possibly even 2 weeks. When I finally get my car on 7th November i'd have been waiting 3 months.

While they are clearing tons of outstanding orders on these incoming ships, the wait is still probably a few months.

I'm also same collection location and date, may bump into you :)

Have you sorted out insurance yet? I have the allocated license plate number but no insurers recognise the reg online yet as I suspect that it's not been added to the system, which is slightly annoying.

I'm also same collection location and date, may bump into you :)

Have you sorted out insurance yet? I have the allocated license plate number but no insurers recognise the reg online yet as I suspect that it's not been added to the system, which is slightly annoying.
Haha see you there!

Not been given a reg yet so can’t sort insurance. But have a quote ready to go with Direct Line so will only take a few mins to sort once they send me the reg.

My collection is scheduled for 6 Nov at 1500 at West Drayton. I've managed to get an earlier flight in to Heathrow Wednesday morning, hopefully its not delayed.
I know Tesla don't normally bring appointments forward, but does anyone know how they re-allocate people cancelling collections this week - can you get your name on a cancellations list as I live just down the road from the SC.

Hi all

Pretty new to all this... I’ve ordered my black M3P on the 17th of October (with black interior and grey alloys). They indicated a delivery date of End Nov - how much of this is fiction ? My local Tesla shop says that the next ship is mainly performance cars and it MIGHT be on that ... if not it’s the next one - so end of December...

you guys know any different ?

Hi all

Pretty new to all this... I’ve ordered my black M3P on the 17th of October (with black interior and grey alloys). They indicated a delivery date of End Nov - how much of this is fiction ? My local Tesla shop says that the next ship is mainly performance cars and it MIGHT be on that ... if not it’s the next one - so end of December...

I would suggest preparing for a 3 month wait from order date and anything before that is a winner. Also be ready to ride the frustrations of being told very little information by Tesla or lease company - It's just how they do things.

Those who ordered mid to late Aug are mostly taking delivery first and second week in Nov.

• Informative
Reactions: Ant M3
Hi all

I would say. either 2 months or 4. There will be almost no deliveries in Jan due to Tesla's crazy quarterly delivery cycle so you will most likely either get end of quarter rush at end of December OR February from a boat that leaves at the start of Jan. the new alloys are a bit of a wild card though that could affect things. people who ordered the 19s in May waited forever so who knows what the effect of the new colour will be good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.