Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a peculiarity of the American car market that’s slowly migrating East. US car companies have always brought out the following years model years early. A 2020 Model Year car can be sold from the beginning of the previous calendar year, so legally speaking they could have been selling 2020 VINs all year, but typically the following years models are sold from Sept / Oct.

Ah, yeah, I forgot about this. I've owned a couple of American RVs and this is certainly true in the case of motorhomes when they change the habitation spec each season so it becomes more noticeable. I have a 2007 Monaco Cayman RV which was manufactured (and probably sold) in 2006.

Still no update from the lease company and nothing in the source code. Just the same “we are drafting up your contract” text with an updated picture of a white M3P with grey wheels.

A quick call to Tesla though reveals I have been allocated a car. It’s currently in Zeebruge, awaiting onward shipping to the UK. Delivery 22nd November...
Just wondering when you ordered? I may give them a call too...

Just wondering when you ordered? I may give them a call too...
Ordered via select vehicle leasing on 25th September, and had my first communication with my reservation number from Tesla on 30th September. All being well come the 22nd November it’ll be 8 weeks and 2 days since I ordered through the broker, and 7 weeks 4 days since I had confirmation from Tesla that the car was ordered (not that I’m counting...)

Of course, this might all turn out to be a load of rubbish... Even now I still don’t have a VIN in the source code of my order...

Ordered via select vehicle leasing on 25th September, and had my first communication with my reservation number from Tesla on 30th September. All being well come the 22nd November it’ll be 8 weeks and 2 days since I ordered through the broker, and 7 weeks 4 days since I had confirmation from Tesla that the car was ordered (not that I’m counting...)

Of course, this might all turn out to be a load of rubbish... Even now I still don’t have a VIN in the source code of my order...

Which number did you call Tesla on?

I ordered same day (SR+ MSM) through a lease co.

Picked up my car at West Drayton today. Gave it a pretty thorough inspection. Weird large water splash like stain on the rear seats noted (white interior) - everything else seems to be fine.

Upgraded from a Nissan Micra so was then nervously driving around in what felt like a tank in comparison. Loving the acceleration and regenerative braking, among other things!

Used a supercharger as well. Nice and easy to spot!

Bad news for CurtisVL in the sense that they were hoping their car was amongst the batch recently shipped over from the US. A 2020 VIN suggests that it's not. Happy to be proved wrong though!

It's worth noting that the 'L' for 2020 means anywhere past September of 2019, as it'll become a '70' plate in the UK. It doesn't mean it'll be in 2020 as in the year. :)

Car is estimated for late November/Early December still, the lease company I'm purchasing through said from contacting Tesla they were told it's still on track for November. Maybe I'm in luck yet! ;)

Reactions: Cwmwd
Still no update from the lease company and nothing in the source code. Just the same “we are drafting up your contract” text with an updated picture of a white M3P with grey wheels.

A quick call to Tesla though reveals I have been allocated a car. It’s currently in Zeebruge, awaiting onward shipping to the UK. Delivery 22nd November...

Make sure you are checking for the VIN in the source code of the 'Manage' page, not the normal account page!
You'll see sections for 'VIN' saying 'VIN:vin' on the normal page, but the 'Manage' one should show your actual VIN somewhere! :)

A breakthrough...

After being told yesterday I had been matched to car sitting in Zeebruge, this morning on clicking "Manage" on my tesla log in it has stopped going to the default page;

Code:
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/teslaaccount/profile?rn=RNnnnnnnnn

and instead gone straight to the "product-finalize" page (complete with its illegal 'z')

Code:
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNnnnnnnnnn

Previously I had to log in then access the product-finalize page manually. (that 'z' really makes my teeth itch).

Ctrl-U and the source code now shows a VIN (hooray) and specifies 'Gray' (which I assume to mean 'Grey') performance wheels...

Model year indicator = 2020, and Serial number in the 79,000's. Not sure about the 'Base' motor & 31-40kWh battery though... Pretty sure that should be EP not EC, so I'm not quite there yet...
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
A breakthrough...

After being told yesterday I had been matched to car sitting in Zeebruge, this morning on clicking "Manage" on my tesla log in it has stopped going to the default page;

Code:
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/teslaaccount/profile?rn=RNnnnnnnnn

and instead gone straight to the "product-finalize" page (complete with its illegal 'z')

Code:
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNnnnnnnnnn

Previously I had to log in then access the product-finalize page manually. (that 'z' really makes my teeth itch).

Ctrl-U and the source code now shows a VIN (hooray) and specifies 'Gray' (which I assume to mean 'Grey') performance wheels...

I've been on finalize for weeks with no matched car but with a VIN that's not changed for information.

• Informative
Reactions: Generator
Apologies if this has been asked a million times, but my VIN has just appeared in the source code. What's the usual time from this to expected delivery?
Source code VINs don't necessarily mean anything, which is why they are in the source code and not revealed to you properly.

The VIN can change, and no one is 100% sure when or how they are assigned. It can mean you have been assigned a car on a ship, at Zeebrugge, at Southampton, it could be a placeholder VIN, anything really.

Often a lot of VINs are assigned when a ship leaves Panama, and again when it nears Zeebrugge (often confirmed delivery dates come at this time). If you get an SC VIN just after a ship has passed through Panama it could mean your car is on that ship.

At a guess I would say that happened in my case - got a SC VIN at that point and confirmed delivery of 7th November.

Source code VINs don't necessarily mean anything, which is why they are in the source code and not revealed to you properly.

The VIN can change, and no one is 100% sure when or how they are assigned. It can mean you have been assigned a car on a ship, at Zeebrugge, at Southampton, it could be a placeholder VIN, anything really.

Often a lot of VINs are assigned when a ship leaves Panama, and again when it nears Zeebrugge (often confirmed delivery dates come at this time). If you get an SC VIN just after a ship has passed through Panama it could mean your car is on that ship.

At a guess I would say that happened in my case - got a SC VIN at that point and confirmed delivery of 7th November.

My assumption would be that a VIN is assigned to you when a car is available, but only displayed once the car is within x amount of days from delivery.

For example, my vehicle could be in the latest ship load that just arrived in the UK, but at the back of the queue to be delivered so there's no delivery date yet and no need to display the VIN.

You're right that it could change though! There's actually a variable next to the VIN in the source called 'vinChanged' which is currently false for me. :)

Just my take on it!

Picked up my car at West Drayton today. Gave it a pretty thorough inspection. Weird large water splash like stain on the rear seats noted (white interior) - everything else seems to be fine.

Upgraded from a Nissan Micra so was then nervously driving around in what felt like a tank in comparison. Loving the acceleration and regenerative braking, among other things!

Used a supercharger as well. Nice and easy to spot!

Hi Change of subject, but can you tell us all if the latest model 3 have the low speed noise maker???

i am picking mine up next week and want to know.

I love the optimism of people who ordered in September and expect their car two months later :cool:

Optimism is good, but being realistic is good too!
I ordered mid September but my estimated delivery was still late November early December.

Tesla was contacted by my lease company and they said it's still on track for November, I'm talking it with a grain of salt still though. :)

Tesla was contacted by my lease company and they said it's still on track for November, I'm talking it with a grain of salt still though. :)

I was in touch with someone in August who said I had a car allocates and should expect delivery shortly...
Fast forward to mid September when I managed to get an answer that I had had a car allocated but they gave it to someone else and haven't had another for me since. Suffice to say I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.