Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so i saw come stock 2019 cars that are similar to mine on order, but it seems the new 2020 version is slightly better? so i guess its better to wait? For 2020, All Tesla Model 3 Versions Get New EPA Ratings

well the + range is anyway?

I doubt there have been any physical changes to the car at all. The "model year" thing seems to be primarily an administrative exercise as a consequence of the way blocks of VINs are allocated in the US, from what I can gather.

Tesla seem to change things randomly, and from what I've read they don't seem to stick to any defined model year as a change point. Most changes seem to be software, rather than hardware, too, like the recent software update that has made all Teslas ~5% more powerful. It may be that, as well as increasing power, this latest software update has improved efficiency; it sort of makes sense that this would be the case.

Reactions: Ramb0
I doubt there have been any physical changes to the car at all. The "model year" thing seems to be primarily an administrative exercise as a consequence of the way blocks of VINs are allocated in the US, from what I can gather.

Tesla seem to change things randomly, and from what I've read they don't seem to stick to any defined model year as a change point. Most changes seem to be software, rather than hardware, too, like the recent software update that has made all Teslas ~5% more powerful. It may be that, as well as increasing power, this latest software update has improved efficiency; it sort of makes sense that this would be the case.
I've heard from reddit that 2020s dont have frunk mats or shopping bag holders, I will be checking mine and hope others do upon receipt.

The last REAL change that would maybe justify a model year increment was probably the CPU upgrade that happened in around March ( i.e. before any UK cars were built) but if anything they tried to play that one down.

I've heard from reddit that 2020s dont have frunk mats or shopping bag holders, I will be checking mine and hope others do upon receipt.

It seems that frunk mats haven't been provided on Long Range and Performance models for a while now, and apparently weren't included in the UK SR+ spec.

No idea about the shopping bag hooks, be a nuisance if those are removed.

My impression so far seems to be that there's more fake news around about Tesla's than there is about the election, and that's saying something. Sifting out rumour from fact seems to be a pretty time-consuming activity.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
how easy did you guys find switching to an inventory? called up and they said I have to order inventory via web page, and then they will refund the £2k i put down on the original, is that what everyone else had to do who did this? as im sure i read people just doing it over the phone?

how easy did you guys find switching to an inventory? called up and they said I have to order inventory via web page, and then they will refund the £2k i put down on the original, is that what everyone else had to do who did this? as im sure i read people just doing it over the phone?

I did it over the 'phone last Friday (8th). Took about ten minutes, including being on hold for a while. No refund of deposit, it was just transferred to the inventory car invoice. Tesla rang me back about an hour later to confirm that I'd been allocated the inventory car, but the car details changed on my account page long before that.

Only slightly weird thing is that Tesla issued a series of different invoices and credit notes, as .pdf files on my account page. Most are wrong...

yeah it all seems a mess, they sent me an email (below) i don't feel confident, considering i can never get through to people via emails etc.. and also like you have said its been done over the phone etc..

"Thank you for your time today, please provide the following details to cancel your current order, get your inventory car order placed and send me through the referral link you have, I’ll get **** to get in contact once you send through the RN for the new order.

In order to initiate your refund we kindly ask you to provide us with your international bank details:

- Name of account holder
- IBAN
- BIC/SWIFT
- A quick line giving us consent to cancel your order.

As soon as we receive these details we will initiate the cancellation process. Please allow 10 to 15 business days for completion, it may take up to 30 days for the refund to be reflected on your statement.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for further information."

I also did it over the phone. didn't take long. the person had to send an email to me to confirm the vehicle I was after to which I responded while on the phone and then it was all done.

I didn't have to cancel the existing order they just swapped cars over.

My reservation number stayed the same, all that changed was the description of the car and the VIN in the SC, plus the flurry of confusing invoices and credit notes.

I get the feeling that Tesla's admin is a complete shambles.
I'm not worried about the multiple "final invoices" as it could be something as simple as when an order goes through a new step in the order/delivery process or a small change is made somewhere in their software a new invoice is generated automatically.

it's different to how a traditional car manufacturer might do it but might just be how Tesla does it with regards to their invoice automation process.

it is what it is though! I don't really mind how many invoices I get as long as I get my car.

You should try buying a Porsche. they will/can delay the delivery of your car with no explanation and you just have to live with it. no compensation and, in fact, they make you feel like you should be happy that they're even letting you buy one. plus trying to get a deposit back off them is also troublesome. 4 weeks and still waiting to get my Taycan deposit back.

yeah it all seems a mess, they sent me an email (below) i don't feel confident, considering i can never get through to people via emails etc.. and also like you have said its been done over the phone etc..

"Thank you for your time today, please provide the following details to cancel your current order, get your inventory car order placed and send me through the referral link you have, I’ll get **** to get in contact once you send through the RN for the new order.

In order to initiate your refund we kindly ask you to provide us with your international bank details:

- Name of account holder
- IBAN
- BIC/SWIFT
- A quick line giving us consent to cancel your order.

As soon as we receive these details we will initiate the cancellation process. Please allow 10 to 15 business days for completion, it may take up to 30 days for the refund to be reflected on your statement.

Please don't hesitate to contact us for further information."
I think you said you were getting the original in 2 weeks earlier? With an email like that, I'd just wait to be honest

B36A91BE-0194-4FA2-8796-A3BD71AF1E26.jpeg
Delivery’s at Dartford earlier today

Finally got my hands on my P+ - delivered in Dublin today

First up delivery experience - I had a 12.30 appointment, arrived around 12pm and car was parked out the front. Gave me a good chance to look around and inspect. All in good shape. Two very minor niggles, which were duly noted in the handover.

I was expecting to be part of a group handover, but actually got a one on one handover, which was excellent. Everything set up to my preferences & clear instructions on everything. Took about 20 minutes in total. Digital signature outside on tablet, and I was good to go!

Car came with about 80% charge/420km and 24kms on the clock.

First impressions of driving - the car feels incredibly planted to the road - combination of AWD and the weight of the car. Autopilot took about 10 mins to calibrate.

Off down the motorway, and by god does it move!! Foot to the floor = grins
tongue.png

Seats feel very comfy, stereo quality very good and autopilot very intuitive.

On a 25km journey consumed about 40kms of range, but you can guess why that was
wink.png

Initial impression, very happy!

Finally got my hands on my P+ - delivered in Dublin today

First up delivery experience - I had a 12.30 appointment, arrived around 12pm and car was parked out the front. Gave me a good chance to look around and inspect. All in good shape. Two very minor niggles, which were duly noted in the handover.

I was expecting to be part of a group handover, but actually got a one on one handover, which was excellent. Everything set up to my preferences & clear instructions on everything. Took about 20 minutes in total. Digital signature outside on tablet, and I was good to go!

Car came with about 80% charge/420km and 24kms on the clock.

First impressions of driving - the car feels incredibly planted to the road - combination of AWD and the weight of the car. Autopilot took about 10 mins to calibrate.

Off down the motorway, and by god does it move!! Foot to the floor = grins
tongue.png

Seats feel very comfy, stereo quality very good and autopilot very intuitive.

On a 25km journey consumed about 40kms of range, but you can guess why that was
wink.png

Initial impression, very happy!
Hi Brian
When did you order yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.