Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know when and how Tesla let you know that they've received your payment balance?

Paid them by Faster Payments, all seems to have gone through OK, but account page still says they are "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.", despite the final invoice having been on that same page for well over a week now.

I've heard from earlier posts that this may show up in the SC, but I can't seem to find it there. Anyone have any tips as to how best to search for it, please?

Anyone know when and how Tesla let you know that they've received your payment balance?

In the same situation. Spoke to Sales yesterday and was advised to send a test amount then ring sales again on Monday/Tuesday to see if they have received it.
I don't think that it appears in the source code. Have checked for for values and have only been able to find "your deposit of ----" and a trade in value.

Will ring later today to check. The test amount left my bank account immediately.

• Informative
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Thanks, seems bonkers to me though. Send them a fairly significant sum of money and they don't have a reliable means of letting you know they've received it, but rely on on customers 'phoning them to confirm a payment has been received.

I'll try ringing them later. I've had confirmation from my bank that the faster payment has been received by Tesla's bank OK, but it'd be nice if Tesla could let customers know that a payment has been received.

Sales said I could pay the remainder on the day of collection but that it would hold up collection until it appeared in their account. This could take a day.
Don't normally hear from a recipient that they have received my transfer payments but for the amounts involved a thank you would be nice.

not true - I paid on the morning of my pick up - I showed them the payment having left my account on my mobile banking and they were fine with this in Edinburgh

But your correct in so far as you get no confirmation or receipt for the payments

Look in source code (of the Manage page), for "ExistingDeposit".

"ExistingDeposit":"Your deposit of £2,001 has already been credited towards the Amount Due at Delivery."

As mentioned before, I made a £1 payment on Friday evening. It wasn't there over the weekend but shows now.

Look in source code (of the Manage page), for "ExistingDeposit".

"ExistingDeposit":"Your deposit of £2,001 has already been credited towards the Amount Due at Delivery."

As mentioned before, I made a £1 payment on Friday evening. It wasn't there over the weekend but shows now.

Thanks. had a look and that bit of the SC still only shows the initial deposit I paid with the order. Maybe it takes a few days to appear.

Picked up my LR AWD M3 from Edinburgh this morning. 2 other cars being picked up at same time. Drove home by motorway and dual carriageway. Lovely but I’ll need a softer foot, particularly in winter. Tried out AP. It takes a bit getting used to. It helps if you anticipate overtakes. Less phantom braking if you don’t leave it until 4 or 5 car lengths

There have a been a few Facebook posts about cars being held at Zee due to some issues, no more detail than that. I myself, have been told my car is sat at Zee and not to expect delivery until late Dec. Doesn't make sense.
I was told the same last week. “Logistics issues” was the phrase used, although that could cover all manner of sins.

today I’m told the car is “in transit” to Southampton. Something around the 10th looks good for delivery.

Hi All
Thanks for all the useful tips and info! Ordered my Model 3 SR+ pearl white on black 28th October - still no VIN (hidden or otherwise). When I placed my order the website said expected delivery is December. I rang Tesla who informed me that my expected delivery is still December or early January. To be honest I think that's pretty ambitious but fingers crossed!

Looks like I may have a problem with the final payment to Tesla. There was an invoice on my account (the 5th one so far - no idea why there are so many) and it said that payment was due 7 days before delivery. It also said to use the invoice number as the payment reference.

I duly did this, and now another invoice has appeared on my account (the 6th one) which is identical to the other, same amount due, etc, but has a different invoice number...

I can foresee this causing a bit of a nightmare, as I've had no acknowledgement of the payment sent, and now it seem the payment has gone against the wrong invoice number.

There's still no indication in the SC of the payment.

Is this just "normal" Tesla chaotic crap, like pretty much everything else connected to their sales system?

Looks like I may have a problem with the final payment to Tesla. There was an invoice on my account (the 5th one so far - no idea why there are so many) and it said that payment was due 7 days before delivery. It also said to use the invoice number as the payment reference.

I duly did this, and now another invoice has appeared on my account (the 6th one) which is identical to the other, same amount due, etc, but has a different invoice number...

I can foresee this causing a bit of a nightmare, as I've had no acknowledgement of the payment sent, and now it seem the payment has gone against the wrong invoice number.

There's still no indication in the SC of the payment.

Is this just "normal" Tesla chaotic crap, like pretty much everything else connected to their sales system?

I used the RN number for my payments as that doesn't change. I made a £1k payment on Friday and the balance this morning and neither were showing on my account when I picked up the car this afternoon. I just had to show them and email them proof that the funds had left my account and they were happy and handed over the keys/cards so don't worry about the "7 days before delivery" thing.

it seems that it takes a couple of working days (which is what faster payments can take to appear in the recipients account according to my bank) to appear at Tesla so I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Status
Not open for further replies.