Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as stated above I picked up my black/black LR AWD 19" Sports wheels today at Dartford. I was the only person picking up so had a one-2-one handover which went very well. I had a small issue with my phone being able to be used as a key but I'm not worried and will use the key-card for the time being. no big deal. if I can't get it to work I'll raise a call.

I couldn't see any issues with the car at all! looked in fabulous condition. no missing paint on hinges, no panel gaps that I could see, no alloy scuffs and the car was at 89% charge.

fabulous drive home around the M25 (or as fabulous as the M25 ever gets!). the car if brilliant and I love it already. it took me all of about 5 seconds to get used to the speed being a quick glance to the left and I don't feel it's any more of an issue to looking down between the steering wheel. obviously a HUD would be better but I know Elon won't ever put those in as he wants the cars to drive themselves so what's the point of having a HUD.

anyway, very very happy for now.

I used the RN number for my payments as that doesn't change. I made a £1k payment on Friday and the balance this morning and neither were showing on my account when I picked up the car this afternoon. I just had to show them and email them proof that the funds had left my account and they were happy and handed over the keys/cards so don't worry about the "7 days before delivery" thing.

it seems that it takes a couple of working days (which is what faster payments can take to appear in the recipients account according to my bank) to appear at Tesla so I wouldn't worry about it.

Many thanks! I used the RN as well as the invoice number, so with luck all will be well. I'll ring them tomorrow just to be sure, as my i3 i going to it's new home tomorrow, so if I can't collect the M3 on Friday I'm going to be without a car...

At least there's a consistent story. What and when did you order?
Model 3 Performance in White w/ standard everything.

Ordered through select leasing in 25th Sept,
Reservation Number from Tesla on the 30th September,
1st Nov I was told via a phone call to Tesla that I had been allocated a car that was currently in Zeebrugge with a likely delivery date on 22nd Nov. I was told to expect a text in “the next couple of weeks”.
2nd Nov Tesla account went to “product-finalize’ page when it showed the change to grey wheels and a VIN appeared in the Source Code.
Reconfirmed by phone the same VIN and delivery date on 6th Nov, and changed delivery centre to Dartford.
On 13th November “a couple of weeks” had passed with no text message, a call to Tesla and I was told delivery would be “mid December due to logistics issues.
18th Nov was told the car is now in transit to Southampton. 10 Dec now possible delivery date.

1st Nov I was told via a phone call to Tesla that I had been allocated a car that was currently in Zeebrugge with a likely delivery date on 22nd Nov. I was told to expect a text in “the next couple of weeks”.
2nd Nov Tesla account went to “product-finalize’ page when it showed the change to grey wheels and a VIN appeared in the Source Code.
Reconfirmed by phone the same VIN and delivery date on 6th Nov, and changed delivery centre to Dartford.
On 13th November “a couple of weeks” had passed with no text message, a call to Tesla and I was told delivery would be “mid December due to logistics issues.
18th Nov was told the car is now in transit to Southampton. 10 Dec now possible delivery date.

Pretty similar to my timeline, also a P+. Told my car is in Zee, told end of Nov for delivery, then 1st week of Dec and now mid to end of Dec.

as stated above I picked up my black/black LR AWD 19" Sports wheels today at Dartford. I was the only person picking up so had a one-2-one handover which went very well. I had a small issue with my phone being able to be used as a key but I'm not worried and will use the key-card for the time being. no big deal. if I can't get it to work I'll raise a call.

I couldn't see any issues with the car at all! looked in fabulous condition. no missing paint on hinges, no panel gaps that I could see, no alloy scuffs and the car was at 89% charge.

fabulous drive home around the M25 (or as fabulous as the M25 ever gets!). the car if brilliant and I love it already. it took me all of about 5 seconds to get used to the speed being a quick glance to the left and I don't feel it's any more of an issue to looking down between the steering wheel. obviously a HUD would be better but I know Elon won't ever put those in as he wants the cars to drive themselves so what's the point of having a HUD.

Congrats, so nice to hear you are pleased with your new car. This delayed gratification thing does not suit me!

I'm hoping mine goes as smoothly as yours sounds like it went. I am collecting my Blue/Black LR AWD from Dartford tomorrow (3pm).

I'm sure this has been covered before in this thread, but for those wondering about timelines and such here is an outline with my experience. Maybe it will help some others to keep calm :D

05/09 - Ordered.
06/09 - Account completed (finance application complete, trade-in confirmed, etc.).
22/10 - SC VIN appeared (this happened almost to the hour that a ship passed out of the Panama Canal).
08/11 - Delivery appointment text and email (had to respond to the text to confirm). Final invoice, VIN and delivery appointment appeared in account as well.
13/11 - Paid my final invoice.
17/11 - Email from Tesla reminding me about my delivery appointment.
18/11 (AM) - Phone call from Tesla to confirm I am still okay with the appointment and to provide vehicle registration number.
18/11 (PM) - Email from Tesla to confirm appointment details, remind on what to bring, and ask for bank account details for trade-in payment. This also contained the vehicle registration number.
18/11 (eve) - Email from [email protected] with final Black Horse finance agreement.
19/11 (3pm) - Hopefully collection! The latest email said the car isn't on site yet, but that this is "no cause for concern as it is normal process". They say they will inform me if any delays are expected to occur once it arrives in the morning.

I did send several emails to [email protected] in October querying inventory stock, as well as to find out what happens if my trade-in offer expires after the three months is up, but I received no replies. I figured I would just phone up at the end of the month if I needed to.

The finance documentation came through at 5pm today, and collection is tomorrow. This does seem pretty late considering I was accepted for finance on the day that I ordered, but I've not done finance before so I'm not sure if this is the norm.

The final invoice was for the total value and was made out to Black Horse, so it did not mention the finance deposit I actually needed to pay (I'm PCP with Black Horse). I hadn't yet received any information about my finance application other than "we're looking at it" followed by "you're approved" and foolishly I hadn't noted down what I had applied for (but you'd expect some sort of confirmation to come by email, surely). However, I had a 'downpaymentToLessor' field in my account page source that contained the deposit I actually had to pay. There is also the 'existingDeposit' field that says how much has already been paid. This was set to £2000, covering my initial order deposit. After paying my deposit to the account listed on the final invoice, 'existingDeposit' increased to match 'downpaymentToLessor'. The former does appear to round to the nearest pound, however.

Either way, on that 18/11 call the Tesla advisor confirmed that my account all looks in order so it looks like I did things correctly. I'm not expecting anything until I get in and drive away though.

Hoping that Zeebrugge speeds themselves up for those of you who are stuck there!

I ordered on the same day, exact same spec. Was given a mid-late Nov delivery estimate. Later told I hadn't been allocated a car (Monday last week), so went to inventory and found that same spec and switched to that. Delivery now estimated to be early/mid December.

I have refreshed that page a million times and never seen a single performance model appear but I have seen people mention that they have seen them in the same time period, at this stage I think I’ll just wait.

When I looked for the first time last Monday, there were 3 Performance models, White, Grey and Blue available. Nabbed the white one, haven't seen a Performance since though!

For anyone, who. like me, may be a bit concerned about their final payment to Tesla going in to a black hole, I've just come off the 'phone to them about this. It seems it takes at least 24 hours for them to process a Faster Payments transfer, plus there are some manual operations that have to be done by their treasury department before the payment is marked as being accepted.

It's normal for Tesla to just not notify customers that their payment has been received (Tesla normal, that is). I may or may not get an email before delivery day on Friday, and my final payment may or may not show on my Tesla account by then. I did manage to get the VRN, though, as this has been assigned, although the vehicle hasn't been registered yet (not sure how that works, much be something to do with the way DVLA works). It does mean I can pass the VRN to my insurance company, though.

As always, the chap on the 'phone was very helpful, and this does, in part, make up for the pretty odd way that Tesla just don't communicate well with customers.

By contrast, I sold my i3 this morning and the whole transaction was both quick and easy, with excellent communication and a near-instant payment via Faster Payments. If a relatively small EV company can do things quickly and efficiently like this, I can't see why Tesla seem to be so opaque as far as customers are concerned.

Having made a couple of test transfers to the bank account detailed on the final invoice I made my Final Final payment this am.
Transfer made from my bank at 09:30am shown immediately as sent by the bank
Checked the SC a couple of times. "Your Deposit ----" showed the full amount paid, including initial £2000 deposit, at 11:00am. Now just need confirmation of delivery time.

Had spoken to sales a week ago and was told that my delivery time would depend on when the transporter arrived. If it was the day before then delivery time would be am. If it arrived on 27th am the delivery would be pm. Should be given registration a day or two before so insurance can be arranged.

Model 3 SR+ MSM ordered 4th Oct 2019, VIN and Final invoice 6th Nov, delivery, on final invoice, 27 Oct.

Having made a couple of test transfers to the bank account detailed on the final invoice I made my Final Final payment this am.
Transfer made from my bank at 09:30am shown immediately as sent by the bank
Checked the SC a couple of times. "Your Deposit ----" showed the full amount paid, including initial £2000 deposit, at 11:00am. Now just need confirmation of delivery time.

Had spoken to sales a week ago and was told that my delivery time would depend on when the transporter arrived. If it was the day before then delivery time would be am. If it arrived on 27th am the delivery would be pm. Should be given registration a day or two before so insurance can be arranged.

Model 3 SR+ MSM ordered 4th Oct 2019, VIN and Final invoice 6th Nov, delivery, on final invoice, 27 Oct.

That's weird, as all that's showing in the SC for me is the initial £2000 deposit I paid with the order. Even the chap I spoke to this morning couldn't confirm that the payment had been received, as he didn't have access to that information. I transferred to final payment over the weekend, so it should be with them by now, I'd have thought.

I'll check the SC later to see if the payment shows up.

Rang sales to check if they could confirm that my payments were complete. They said that the accounts dept is in Amsterdam and they will notify the sales department of the financial situation. This could take a couple of days. I explained that I could see the figures in the source code but they don't have access to that.
Also asked if they could confirm the delivery date. It was not in their calendar yet but I should be notified about time and Reg a couple of days before collection. They wont know until they are advised by the transporter people when that would be.

So close.
Very frustrating, but nothing gained by ranting at the very polite young lady just take a deep breath and maybe a couple more whisky's will make time pass more quickly.

Aaaaa...nnnn...dddd... breathe...

Just checked again (must be paranoid, as I've checked maybe a dozen times today) and although my account page still has the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." message (which seems at odds with the request that the final payment be made 7 days before delivery) the SC now has the full amount shown as being received in the "Existing Deposit" field.

Really nice to have confirmation that the money really has been received by Tesla. Be nice if they used a proper way to inform customers, though, rather than rely on customers searching the source code of their account page...

Aaaaa...nnnn...dddd... breathe...

Just checked again (must be paranoid, as I've checked maybe a dozen times today) and although my account page still has the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." message (which seems at odds with the request that the final payment be made 7 days before delivery) the SC now has the full amount shown as being received in the "Existing Deposit" field.

Really nice to have confirmation that the money really has been received by Tesla. Be nice if they used a proper way to inform customers, though, rather than rely on customers searching the source code of their account page...
just sit back and relax and in a few days time you'll be in your new Model 3 and all of this will be forgotten. :)

Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Status
Not open for further replies.