Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm (hopefully) getting an M3 for when the April BIK kicks in so was wondering if its worth me putting down the £750 deposit now to get the ball rolling or wait for it to all get sorted in work?

Evening all
Just to point out that the bik rates haven’t been passed by parliament yet and are still provisional from what I understand. They were meant to go through the budget last year but brexit kept delaying it. I doubt they will change but you never know. And I’m hoping to take advantage as well if my chosen lease co get their finger out their a**e

Evening all
Just to point out that the bik rates haven’t been passed by parliament yet and are still provisional from what I understand. They were meant to go through the budget last year but brexit kept delaying it. I doubt they will change but you never know. And I’m hoping to take advantage as well if my chosen lease co get their finger out their a**e
I was of the impression that the rates for '20, '21, and '22 had been confirmed? If not, I am f*cked, because I cannot afford the higher price...

Just did a bit of Googling and came across this. Everything I read seems to suggest that the changes will go ahead as planned. We all know we can trust the politicians to do what they say :) Personally if this was my route I would wait for Mr Javid to say it out aloud before signing on the dotted line.

The Government has announced that the Chancellor, Sajid Javid, has chosen March 11 as the date for his first Budget - the first since the general election.

Following months of uncertainty for the fleet industry, it is expected that the Chancellor will now adopt new benefit-in-kind (BIK) tax rates, announced last summer.

March Budget to confirm new company car tax rates

I was of the impression that the rates for '20, '21, and '22 had been confirmed? If not, I am f*cked, because I cannot afford the higher price...
Ppl
The Government has announced that the Chancellor, Sajid Javid, has chosen March 11 as the date for his first Budget - the first since the general election.

Following months of uncertainty for the fleet industry, it is expected that the Chancellor will now adopt new benefit-in-kind (BIK) tax rates, announced last summer.

beat me too it!!
I hope he doesn’t change them at this late stage as I assume that the majority of the cars on the boats coming over are company cars cashing in on the savings.

Just did a bit of Googling and came across this. Everything I read seems to suggest that the changes will go ahead as planned. We all know we can trust the politicians to do what they say :) Personally if this was my route I would wait for Mr Javid to say it out aloud before signing on the dotted line.

Whilst I'm still (naively) confident the BIK rates will go ahead as expected, I'm still waiting for the EV equivalent to dieselgate to happen. Not too many years ago, we were all told to go to DPF fitted diesels and rewarded with low tax. Then suddenly it was shunned. In a couple of years when many more of us run EVs, how are they going to get us I wonder? Must we declare that we own an EV and then have to pay a car leccy duty on our monthly bills?

I wondered that too. It seems several of those that have been waiting a long time have ordered sr+ with white interior. I bet tesla pulled the plug but there's some left over orders they've forgotten about.
I was just contacted today, only after me contacting them i might add. to say the white interior is the cause of the delay and would i consider a specification change. they also said that i will join the bottom of the queue for the specification i choose to switch too!

How the hell they can get away with treating customers like this is crazy!

I am so close to cancelling my order because of this now

I was just contacted today, only after me contacting them i might add. to say the white interior is the cause of the delay and would i consider a specification change. they also said that i will join the bottom of the queue for the specification i choose to switch too!

How the hell they can get away with treating customers like this is crazy!

I am so close to cancelling my order because of this now

It's frustrating but I'm gathering from here and Facebook groups that a few still waiting from a 6-12 months ago. The common theme is almost always white interior SR+. It definitely seems that given their recent website order page change that they've stopped making that spec before they told anyone, or even bothered to adjust to their order page. It's really poor, but it sounds like there's little you can do. Have you spoken to them in person or over the phone? Ask them if you don't change, when can you expect the car? If you order a new one now, you're probably looking at April or so.

It's frustrating but I'm gathering from here and Facebook groups that a few still waiting from a 6-12 months ago. The common theme is almost always white interior SR+. It definitely seems that given their recent website order page change that they've stopped making that spec before they told anyone, or even bothered to adjust to their order page. It's really poor, but it sounds like there's little you can do. Have you spoken to them in person or over the phone? Ask them if you don't change, when can you expect the car? If you order a new one now, you're probably looking at April or so.
I have spoken to many people on the phone, and always get the same scripted response "You have not been matched to a vehicle yet and we hope to get you matched to one soon"

I am not waiting till April, my already extended short term lease ends in march. i will have to cancel the order if they cannot deliver by then.

Its a shame but i have no choice. IMHO this customer service or lack of! will be the downfall of Tesla when there are alternatives available

I have spoken to many people on the phone, and always get the same scripted response "You have not been matched to a vehicle yet and we hope to get you matched to one soon"

I am not waiting till April, my already extended short term lease ends in march. i will have to cancel the order if they cannot deliver by then.

Its a shame but i have no choice. IMHO this customer service or lack of! will be the downfall of Tesla when there are alternatives available

Their whole process confuses me. It seems they work on a most efficient and profitable process rather than first come first served.

The only grip I have is not being able to forecast when a car will arrive as it’s difficult to plan life accordingly without timescales...

All other car manufacturers can much more accurately predict deliveries..

That’s terrible Corbo! Shocking customer service. You’re right they desperately need to get this part of the experience fixed before alternatives become available or they risk losing customers!

with the amount of ships coming over between now and mid feb you might stand a chance of getting delivery in March. Watching this forum over the last few weeks people are receiving VINs a week after ordering! Is it worth ordering another with a black interior and cancelling one once you get a confirmed VIN?

That’s terrible Corbo! Shocking customer service. You’re right they desperately need to get this part of the experience fixed before alternatives become available or they risk losing customers!

with the amount of ships coming over between now and mid feb you might stand a chance of getting delivery in March. Watching this forum over the last few weeks people are receiving VINs a week after ordering! Is it worth ordering another with a black interior and cancelling one once you get a confirmed VIN?
I emailed back the enterprise ops team today stating that i would be prepared to change my order if it actually sped up delivery.. im not prepared to wait months nor should i have to.

If they have a car available for me to be matched to then i will change

And yes i see the posts of the VIN allocations a week after ordering. its what boils my blood lol

Yeah they really need to buck their ideas up with regards to overall customer service. They kno
As ive said before they dont care because there is always someone in line behind you for a vehicle, so they simply do not care if you cancel
I truly would love to know what Elon's reaction would be if he found out how bad the UK CS is.

You could try Twitter, often the best way to get to these people. My normal approach is to keep escalating until I get satisfaction. For UK companies it is pretty easy, search at Companies House for the directors, work out the email domain and drop them a line. Not so easy with American companies. There is a list of people in the UK you could try, probably [email protected]

But I am also concerned that due to the high demand they think they don't need to care about customer care. A very short sighted view. I really want my M3, but driving me mad having no updates from Tesla.
Whilst I'm still (naively) confident the BIK rates will go ahead as expected, I'm still waiting for the EV equivalent to dieselgate to happen. Not too many years ago, we were all told to go to DPF fitted diesels and rewarded with low tax. Then suddenly it was shunned. In a couple of years when many more of us run EVs, how are they going to get us I wonder? Must we declare that we own an EV and then have to pay a car leccy duty on our monthly bills?

They always get you in the end :) They will get their calculators out in year 3 to see how much a BIK rise could make. I think this year is the year to do it, even with a four year term for a company car, the only risk is year 4. Next year and the year after, much more risky.

Some speculation on Twitter this evening that there may be some issues with the white interior, leading to delays if you ordered this (like I did). Apparently very few seen on pier 80 recently....coupled with them pulling the option for the LR....
Anyone know anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.