Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am due for home delivery today. Tesla and FleetXP confirmed booking for today 10 days ago with an email and text. But since then I haven't received anything else. I thought I should be getting a text giving me a delivery slot - tracking of the car. Tried phoning Tesla but unable to take calls apparently. FleetXP number goes to voicemail which is full anyway...

It was same situation for me. I only noticed something was up when the Tesla app on my phone suddenly had a car in my profile - and it turned up a few hours later, nothing from the text message between then and the delivery.

What was the email. Surprised it wasn't another faceless Y/N text!

“Tesla Delivery” said:
Hello xxxx

Please can you advise ASAP if you are able to come and collect your vehicle on Saturday still ? Many Thanks

Which after I confirmed, and asked about distancing measures, was answered with:

“Tesla Delivery” said:
Hi we are all good for Saturday you will be shown to your car and then spoken to via the window with a meters and a half distance .

We look forward to you getting in your new Tesla

I suspect they’re just trying to determine how busy they’ll be, and how many people are still going ahead.

Like others here have said across various threads I would ordinarily think twice about proceeding, however in my case I have impending work requirement on Monday I need a car for. Albeit I’ve now made a protective car hire booking in case things change between now and Saturday!

Do you have a number that starts RN....? That's the number you want to quote.

Try 01628 450604

Many thanks - rang this morning after finally getting the RN from Zenith last night. Had been told end of month, but Tesla said I should get it in 24 to 48 hours! So no 10 days notice then, I shouldn't complain, but equally not 100% confident. He couldn't say if collection or delivery. So rushing to get a home charger ordered... moving next year, so didn't want to go top of range, but think tethered is best option? Had thought I'd use 3 pin, but don't think it's really viable.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
So I had my car delivered to my home address last Thursday, I raised an issue regarding one of the pillars having scratches where the camera was and having received a call from Tesla today they told me that they put a protection film on them that should be discarded prior to delivery, I opened the car door and just about found the edge of the plastic film and peeled it off!

I'm sharing this in case there is anyone else like me that didn't have a clue about this and has issues with their pillars.

Which after I confirmed, and asked about distancing measures, was answered with:

I suspect they’re just trying to determine how busy they’ll be, and how many people are still going ahead.

Like others here have said across various threads I would ordinarily think twice about proceeding, however in my case I have impending work requirement on Monday I need a car for. Albeit I’ve now made a protective car hire booking in case things change between now and Saturday!
Thanks. I heard they had adopted a no contact handover process. I quite like the "your cars cars outside...bye!" approach but 1.5m sounds ok.

Has anyone had a delivery from AutoXP that has been on time? Has their tracking ever worked?

Mine was supposed to come between 10 and 12 today... now I'm wondering if they meant midnight? Nothing has shown in the app or website, tracking shows it to be at the delivery centre.

Has anyone had a delivery from AutoXP that has been on time? Has their tracking ever worked?

Mine was supposed to come between 10 and 12 today... now I'm wondering if they meant midnight? Nothing has shown in the app or website, tracking shows it to be at the delivery centre.

Mine was 2,5hrs late and no tracking text. I only found out the delivery time by calling AutoXP.

What I will say is that I was given an alternate number that worked well (once I managed to get through): 01494 561010.

Mine was 2,5hrs late and no tracking text. I only found out the delivery time by calling AutoXP.

What I will say is that I was given an alternate number that worked well (once I managed to get through): 01494 561010.
Same as
Just confirmed with Tesla that my car will be delivered direct on the 26th, it'll come off the GLOVIS CAPTAIN boat this weekend and then go to Chipping Warden to where it is then driven to me in Sheffield :) they also said it's likely they'll just post the key card through the door and leave.

I wonder what they do to get back?

what they`ve said to me

Just arrived home from collecting my SR+ from Birmingham.
They were busy as you like..couldn’t even park in the car park...ended up parking on the street next to it as they said there hadn’t been any traffic wardens since the Virus outbreak...he also offered to pay any fine should I get one.
As I said busy...whilst I was there they had just unloaded one transporter..were finishing up another and then one more arrived as I left.
Handover was easy, no demonstration due to Covid-19. They had a double desk in-front of the computer to enforce the distance...though the bloke sat in the car with me briefly. No formal walkthrough but I, like most, had done an awful lot of research.

Car was pretty faultless. Only issue I found was the boot seal had buckled and have let some water breach the seal. Dried it off and will book a service appointment to correct. The cill underneath the passenger door was sagging slightly...I imagine just a clip or some minor fettling required...apart from that, no real issues.
Car handed over with just 44% which was a little disappointing but was enough to get to the nearest 6 SC’s so not a big issue.

New struts and stick on plates already fitted.

Attachments

• 0F5B17B0-38B8-4EE6-AC6A-43D9B8613EE8.jpeg
    0F5B17B0-38B8-4EE6-AC6A-43D9B8613EE8.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 44
Just had Tesla contat me about part exchange - my civic is on finnace and i need to pay the shortfall (obviously) but they want me to pay the shortfall immediately and give them proof?! I'm like, wtf is this? Honda said they cant take such payment! I always thought I'd hand Tesla the shortfall amount and then they'd just make the payoff direct with Honda.... They take ages to respond, i really hope this doesn't drag out and cause delay with my pickup next week...

Just had Tesla contat me about part exchange - my civic is on finnace and i need to pay the shortfall (obviously) but they want me to pay the shortfall immediately and give them proof?! I'm like, wtf is this? Honda said they cant take such payment! I always thought I'd hand Tesla the shortfall amount and then they'd just make the payoff direct with Honda.... They take ages to respond, i really hope this doesn't drag out and cause delay with my pickup next week...

That's standard protocol usually. Otherwise how would they know you wouldn't pay.

That's standard protocol usually. Otherwise how would they know you wouldn't pay.
Admittedly, this is the first part exchange I have been involved in, bu I did I say I thought I would give Tesla the shortfall up front so that they can then settle the outstanding balance in full in addition to the agreed value.

The honda finance person said they found it strange that tesla are asking me to make a very small partial pay off with them direct which has me concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.