Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Heathrow handover on weds basically consisted of them asking if I knew much about the car, then me driving off in said car (having done the usual checks). No presentation, no-one showing me round the car.

Pretty surreal but as I generally dislike interacting with other humans it suited me fine.

Yeah that sounds fine to me, anything I don't already know can be looked up. As long as I get a chance to check the car over I'm happy.

Im an NHS front line hospital worker who is due to pickup my car on Wednesday. I also have a separate income stream which has enabled me to purchase this car which is going to be significantly reduced for the next few months at least, but very likely to pick up again at some point.

Having looked at the sums I think, on balance, getting the car is the best thing to do as between the corp tax benefit, fuel savings and road tax the financial hit is not too bad. Not sure I'm going to have much opportunity to drive it much over the next few months though. Did think about postponing and reordering in six months but the car is now more expensive and the PIG will be gone. At least it'll raise a smile when I drive it to work now.

Just hope we arent on full lock down by wed!

Last edited:
Im an NHS front line hospital worker who is due to pickup my car on Wednesday. I also have a separate income stream which has enabled me to purchase this car which is going to be significantly reduced for the next few months at least, but very likely to pick up again at some point.

Having looked at the sums I think, on balance, getting the car is the best thing to do as between the corp tax benefit, fuel savings and road tax the financial hit is not too bad. Not sure I'm going to have much opportunity to drive it much over the next few months though. Did think about postponing and reordering in six months but the car is now more expensive and the PIG will be gone. At least it'll raise a smile when I drive it to work now.

I feel the same way. I collect mine on Thursday. Haven’t bought a new car since 1997. In theory I should walk away and lose the £100 deposit, but I think it will be ok and it saves me risking the virus at Petrol pumps.

Reactions: Durzel

Laughingboy I’m in a very similar position to you and hoping to take delivery of a model X next Saturday in Edinburgh. I’ve decided to go for it too. As an additional layer of stress Easyjet has just announced it is grounding “most” of its flights from Tuesday. Flybe has gone bust. I’m currently scrambling to find alternative ways of getting there from NI in time to collect and drive back home on the ferry, whilst maintaining as much distancing as possible..

Reactions: laughingboy
I got my reg number this morning but still no invoice showing, I'll call them on Monday and send the money through straight away.

Sorted the insurance today though, Direct Line with the Autopilot discount. I'm happy with the price considering I haven't sold the car that's currently hogging my no claims (I'll have four cars for a small amount of time) but the very helpful chap told me I can apply the no claims discount after selling the other car and potentially receive a refund. Looks like it's a £300 difference so I hope so.

I got my reg number this morning but still no invoice showing, I'll call them on Monday and send the money through straight away.

Sorted the insurance today though, Direct Line with the Autopilot discount. I'm happy with the price considering I haven't sold the car that's currently hogging my no claims (I'll have four cars for a small amount of time) but the very helpful chap told me I can apply the no claims discount after selling the other car and potentially receive a refund. Looks like it's a £300 difference so I hope so.

Do you have to specifically tell them about Autopilot to get the discount?

Do you have to specifically tell them about Autopilot to get the discount?

He actually asked me when I he retrieved my online quote and saw it was a Tesla, I wouldn't have received the discount if I hadn't called them. I only called to give them the reg number! If you have a quote online, give them a call and complete it on the phone. I had to wait about 10 minutes to speak to someone but that's nothing, wish I could earn £100 that fast normally!

He actually asked me when I he retrieved my online quote and saw it was a Tesla, I wouldn't have received the discount if I hadn't called them. I only called to give them the reg number! If you have a quote online, give them a call and complete it on the phone. I had to wait about 10 minutes to speak to someone but that's nothing, wish I could earn £100 that fast normally!
When I did mine over the phone with DL, the price was much cheaper than the online quote I’d done previously, in fact it’s actually cheaper to insure the Model 3 performance than my old diesel BMW!

I’m due to pick up Friday 27/03 from Bristol. Car has presumably been registered as I got a text today with the VRM.

I don’t know how long cars normally take to get transported to collection locations but on the basis I could’ve chosen 24/03 when I had the choice, before this all kicked off, I assume it could be there and PDI’d by Tuesday.

I’m WFH now so could essentially pick up any day this coming week. I’m wondering if it’s worth me trying to get it earlier in case the Govt impose more severe measures in the coming days (Bristol pickup is actually inside a shopping mall).

Thoughts? Is it even possible? I have no option to change date from my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.