Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's a business which needs to continue to trade and delivery services will continue. Amazon will still be delivering items purchased so I would imagine they can deliver. The delivery people have a job and there is no way for them to do that job without going out.

Also, you can get food delivered such as take out which also has people performing that job.
The food deliveries are supermarket ones as they are deemed key workers, your local kebab shop won’t be looked at that way. All takeaways will be closed, McDonald’s KFC and Greggs already have

There is an argument that for some people having their car delivered is essential, as there are some people due to pickup who have no access to a car and are a key worker. But I can’t imagine that making a difference. I doubt they’ll be doing deliveries now as the drivers will struggle to get home and again, not a key worker I expect! Looks like we’re all in for a months or so wait.

There is an argument that for some people having their car delivered is essential, as there are some people due to pickup who have no access to a car and are a key worker. But I can’t imagine that making a difference. I doubt they’ll be doing deliveries now as the drivers will struggle to get home and again, not a key worker I expect! Looks like we’re all in for a months or so wait.

My wife is an intensive care doctor and I’m due to pick up her car on Thursday.

Reactions: Harv3y
They could do flat bed transportation.

Reactions: Harv3y
There aren’t enough police in the country to enforce this and there’s will be loads of places bending the rules as there were pubs open on Saturday night, but people please think about it, do you really need it?
Yes there will a few exceptions but for the vast majority of us the answer should be no. I don’t do twitter but if I did it would be #first world problems-not

There aren’t enough police in the country to enforce this and there’s will be loads of places bending the rules as there were pubs open on Saturday night, but people please think about it, do you really need it?
Yes there will a few exceptions but for the vast majority of us the answer should be no. I don’t do twitter but if I did it would be #first world problems-not
It does take the Mick though, I've literally not left my house for over a week as I was already doing the social distancing to reduce the risk. I'd be pretty comfortable driving in my private car with my wife and doing a contactless handover with Tesla on Thursday. But because a load of idiots thought it would be good to treat the weekend just gone like a bank holiday weekend instead of staying in, we can't even do limited risk activities.

As both me and my partner are paramedics I understand the need to not attend. My only issue is I’m back at work Wednesday night, and she’s off. As we get to the weekend, we are on different shifts, and now we have one car.

Due to collect Thursday, so it is pretty essential I can get the car. Without the car, it’s going to be a nightmare for one of us getting to work when needed the most.

Reactions: J8JOE and paralax
As both me and my partner are paramedics I understand the need to not attend. My only issue is I’m back at work Wednesday night, and she’s off. As we get to the weekend, we are on different shifts, and now we have one car.

Due to collect Thursday, so it is pretty essential I can get the car. Without the car, it’s going to be a nightmare for one of us getting to work when needed the most.
Realistically if you got stopped by the Police, which seems improbable (how often do you see a Police car on the road relative to the number of journeys you make) then given the circumstances you’d be let off.

There is slightly expanded government guidance here. I don’t see how Tesla being open or travelling to collect a car complies with the instruction therein...

https://assets.publishing.service.g...e_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others.pdf
Well reading that it doesn’t make it sound like it did when Boris was saying it. I’m sure he said travelling to and from essential work was allowed with the rest of us workers banned but there is no mention of essential work in there, just work that cannot be carried out at home!!
Mixed messages again unless I’m being thick (which has been known!).

Realistically if you got stopped by the Police, which seems improbable (how often do you see a Police car on the road relative to the number of journeys you make) then given the circumstances you’d be let off.
I imagine the Police will soon have roadblocks set up to systematically question every motorist travelling the roads. Given they won't have much else to do I expect they will relish the challenge to show off their new powers to the public.

Reactions: Smog
Status
Not open for further replies.