Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supposed to be collecting my M3P from Dartford on Wednesday. The plan originally was to drive down from Suffolk with the missus; clearly that would now be very wrong.

Currently on hold, gonna try for arranging a delivery.

Failing that, If I can get across the Thames I am considering using my 1 permitted exercise slot for the day to ride my bike there. I just need to establish if the Tilbury/Gravesend ferry is still running and hope for good weather. Can't imagine anyone would want to get anywhere near me after that ride.

Just been hung up on

I said yes to the Tesla text last night, as I've sold my car and I'm deemed critical worker because I support the databases for a high street bank. However I've been WFH for the 3rd week, although if I couldn't get logged in remotely I'd have to get to the office (110 miles away).
But my text mentioned collection - but I had assumed it would be delivery - I have no idea which it would be or where.

I'm in Norfolk, thinking if they said collect - I'd probably struggle to justify the journey - so may end up trying to postpone.

Priority is trying to reduce the impact of this terrible scourge. Like everyone else, I've been obsessing about getting this car, but there are much more important considerations.

I agree with the above, and if collection meant walking around in public I’d consider it bad form too.

I would be getting a lift there, getting out of that car, then getting into the Tesla and driving back. I wouldn’t be close to anyone I could catch it from, or infect.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
I'd be totally happy with a drop, post key cards through the letter box and the car can sit there for 4 days before I touch it again. Really depends on how accommodating Tesla will be. I cant see this lasting only 3 weeks. My collection is not until Monday (Bristol), both me and my wife are key workers, we have 1 car as the 2nd was sold for this. Those going to Bristol let us know what they say.

EDIT - this is not directed at anyone in particular, other than those finding or making up excuses to pick up, when not essential.

Government guidance is almost clear - essential travel only. Tesla text is clear "if you deem car essential". Please use your heads. Its a car!

If you have an existing one, its not essential. If you are not a key worker, its not essential.

I can make a million excuses for picking my car up on Friday - is it essential though? No, so it can wait for me, or a new one will be built for me. If you ignore the latest advice, you may as well walk up Snowden with the masses for all your cares about society.

Dramatic yes, but think about the grandparent you could inadvertently be sending to an early grave.

My collection is scheduled for 10.00h today, I have paid in full for the car & I am now insured on the car - I received the text last night & whilst I can think of a lot of reasons why i would love to have the car today & could even claim to be a key-worker, the easy answer to the text was NO.

Anybody who is still thinking of a collection today when car is NOT ESSENTIAL is a big as part of the problem as the Richmond Park mob & the Snowdonia masses.

It's a car - let's all do the right thing here.

According to the bbc

“UK cabinet minister Michael Gove has been asked to provide more clarity on the government guidelines announced on Monday night.

Deliveries of "non-essential" goods such as toys and clothes can continue”

I’d say that means Tesla’s can be delivered.

Reactions: -Mat-
Has anyone who has texted NO had any followup contact? What does rescheduling actually mean? Are home deliveries being offered instead?
I expect they’ll hold on to the cars and deliver them when the rules have relaxed! We have ordered an inventory car and are in the process of having our RN and info changed over. We haven’t even had our delivery text yet so I expect we’ll be a long way down the queue.

Has anyone who has texted NO had any followup contact? What does rescheduling actually mean? Are home deliveries being offered instead?

Replied no, but not heard anything as yet. I'm going to put a call in soon to see if they will deliver or if it means a wait.

I have a different dilemma anyway - job change might have fallen through meaning funds are going to be incredibly tight for the next 6 months. I can just about do it but it's just the hassle. Part of me says cancel and get a refund, part of me thinks I work F*cking hard so why shouldn't I enjoy my car.

So confused about what to do. Can't see me going to collect though.

I do not think it's wise for anyone to collect, I've not been to Bristol but I think its in a shopping centre or something? and the cars are in effectively a supermarket carpark. I don't know how Tesla will operate a totally 0 touch delivery. Probably easier at the customer end point. I guess delivery drivers are still out there earning a living, and until restrictions are brought into place for them then I guess its possible. Maybe a mass low/high loader doing the rounds for customers. Sensible thing would be for Tesla to say, we will hold your vehicle in a secure location until its safe to collect.

So I thought I'd give them a call after last night's text (to which I responded 'no').

They told me that my collection tomorrow was still going ahead, 10am at Heathrow.

I'm simply astounded at this point - I called to arrange for the reschedule, but they were definitely not wanting to go down that path. I'd be curious if anyone else has had the same response.

So I thought I'd give them a call after last night's text (to which I responded 'no').

They told me that my collection tomorrow was still going ahead, 10am at Heathrow.

I'm simply astounded at this point - I called to arrange for the reschedule, but they were definitely not wanting to go down that path. I'd be curious if anyone else has had the same response.

Shocked!

Status
Not open for further replies.